test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gravwell no longer benefits from Graviton Generators...

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I recently acquired one of the new romulan consoles, picking graviton generators to boost the effectiveness of my gravwell 3 that my MVAE uses. However while putting the build together I noticed that the tooltip doesn't seem to update the repel at all when I slot consoles in or out.

To confirm this, I went to a mission map (Azure Nebula Rescue) and spent some time before the mission swapping out consoles. I tested with a normal +graviton generators console, the Tachyokinetic Converter, and the romulan graviton generator console.

*none* of these affect gravity well's repel. At all. In the slightest. It remained at -0.54 throughout the entire thing.

Is the tooltip wrong perhaps? Or does gravity well just not benefit from skills anymore?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's totally possible. Now that most of the biggest bugs of season 7 are ironed out, we seem to be noticing a lot more of the small stuff popping up.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Further testing indicates that almost no powers that purportedly benefit from graviton generators actually do.

The only one I can see actually benefitting is tractor beam repulsors- with three consoles goes from a +6 repel to a +7.5 repel.

Tractor Beam doesn't list its slow rating, so I have no way of discerning if it's affected at all.

Graviton Pulse, Temporal Inversion neither are affected by graviton generators, despite their tooltips specifying that they are.

As a note: Gravwell is still affected by particle generators, so I'm inclined to believe that the fault is with the skill, and not the individual powers. It's probable that somewhere along the line, the skill got 'unhooked' from the powers, explaining why it seems to affect so little.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Particle Generators affect the damage of GW

Graviton Generators will not affect GW in the way you expect.... since the still works as a -Repel to pull things in... any +repel would have a reverse affect on GW...

I noted this months ago and suggested Grav Gens to increase the radius of GW. To make it simple..

Grav Gen + GW Level = Radius
    Part Gen + GW Level = Damage

Unless the devs make a console that has -Repel on it... you won't see anything affecting the actual "pull"

Just to note the changes I suggested were implemented
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Eh? Graviton generators isn't specified as '+repel', although that's certainly what it does for TBR.

It's still said that it applies to TBR, TB, GW, GP, TI, and the like, and it doesn't do anything to them that I've noticed. Regardless of how many points I have in it, gravwell's radius never increases, and its -repel never strengthens.

Moreover, as all skills apply as a percentage value increase, the idea that graviton generators wouldn't strengthen a -repel is kinda odd, because as we all know from basic math, -1x1 = -1.

Similarly, if graviton generators applied say, a 1.3% modifier to the strength of a power which references it, then it wouldn't matter if that power had a -repel, a +repell, a hold like tractor beam, a speed/turn rate drain like graviton pulse/temporal inversion... none of that would matter, because the percentage increase would just be applied against the pre-existing value, and all modifiers would be affected properly.

Instead, graviton generators seems to only affect tractor beam repulsors, and nothing else.
  • Options
    allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Last i heard was graviton generators do affect the size of the well, thats all and its a very minimal increse.