test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Publishing Not Working?

nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
I just tried to republish 2 of my missions and they've both been sitting at 0% complete for over an hour. Dereliction Duty was at 0% complete for at least 2 hours before I stopped it and tried to publish again.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem? :confused:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's not you, I have encountered this problem with republishing myself. I was going to wait until the morning to post a bug report, just to make sure it wasn't a server issue with a lot of missions needing to be published.
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one, before I started tearing apart my mission trying to figure out what was causing it. :D
  • nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same problem, thanks for the thread, because I was a fool, yet again whenever trying republish foundry use, better leave and go to the winter event.
  • logitech007logitech007 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey, i have the same issue with the publishing not working, it was fine a few days ago.... Another bug. I really do hope it is not a bug and it gets looked at soon or im hoping it be fine when i get up. I want to finish publishing end part of my Series.
    Logitech007
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Count me in. Lets' get this party started! :)
  • princessluneprincesslune Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're not alone, trying to publish my very first mission and get "Progress 0%".
    Sat there so long the client logged me out!
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I noticed when I republished my mission it took about 12 minutes where normally it takes about 4 minutes.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmm... I republished a mission yesterday and it went through fine. I have seen this in the past though. It always published the second time around, though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • donaldson6352donaldson6352 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same problem here.

I just created a new mission, tried to publish it, and it's been sitting at 0.0% for over an hour. I tried canceling publish and retrying.... no luck. Stuck at 0.0%.

:(
  • phostrelaphostrela Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stuck at 0% for me as well.

Tried last night- I figured foundry servers may have been down? If that's how it works. But trying again just now it is still stuck at 0%.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, I was republishing missions fine yesterday until about... 7pm or so EST(12/8/2012). After that my missions started hanging. I canceled the republish, then republished again and it worked. But after that, all the republishes started hanging. Hopefully the time may help figure out what is up.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    I've asked the team to investigate. If there is any other information you can provide, including workarounds you've found, please post them here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have tried on both servers with little success. Tribble was better. It got to around 60%, but then hung up. Otherwise, mine also stayed on 0%. Have tried numerous times.
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg
    edited December 2012
    just tired again a few minutes ago, no luck same behavior.

-- WAITING TO PUBLISH --

*Long Queue Wait*

then

-- CURRENTLY PUBLISHING --

then Progress: 0.00%

and it just sits there. will sit here until the client logs me out for inactivity.
  • cohas79cohas79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yep same problem with me as well
    Have No Fear! Cohas is Here!
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can confirm publishing is down for me as well. Has been for over a day now.
    edited December 2012
    I opened a ticket earlier and referenced this thread, still no response though.
  • phostrelaphostrela Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm stuck in queue. Says I'm number 34. Said that now for 15 minutes.

Would like to know who number 1 is lol. How long have other people supposedly in queue been waiting?

*edit* Seams to be broken so I canceled by upload. I wanted to play, so I'll wait until later and try again.
  • nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To me the problem has changed me, now appears the waiting list queue, I tested two projects, one modified and one without touching, both see the same issue. I guess the problem is more for people who are trying to post more than anything else.

A greeting.

MTr6h.jpg
    edited December 2012
    it changed for me too. Although at first the queue was low (around 3 waiting) eventually i'd make it to slot #1 and then the same thing would happen with progress 0.0%. Now i'm being queued around #46, my client would log out way before i got to #1.
    edited December 2012
    Atlas Affair, Part 2 is still at 0.0% published. It's been at 0% for at least 41 hours at this point, if my calculations are correct.

This seems like a pretty serious issue with the Foundry. Any word on whether it's being looked into?
    edited December 2012
    All i've received for my ticket so far has been a form response. Hasn't been updated by an actual person yet. I noticed the queue's keep growing in size, makes me wonder if those numbers are even right.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if this might have to do with the current massive server load.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey all, we've been working on this issue and it looks as though it should be resolved now.

All the projects that were stuck publishing have been restarted and should finish soonish. There's a bit of a backlog, as you might imagine, so it will take some time to get through them, but they're churning away.
    edited December 2012
    thanks for letting us know, i look forward to publishing my first missions. the foundry is reall spectacular ;D
  • cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey all, we've been working on this issue and it looks as though it should be resolved now.

All the projects that were stuck publishing have been restarted and should finish soonish. There's a bit of a backlog, as you might imagine, so it will take some time to get through them, but they're churning away.

YAY :D

I know a project just got "hung up" at 72.25 percent on Tribble.. but I assume that'll just republish..

Now we can get PrimetimeUGC with the Stahl INterview out next week :D
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Awesome news. Thanks Zero. Now I can finish my Primetime sets. We have another big interview this time around. :D.
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Still not working for me. Tried to publish three missions; all hung at 0% indefinitely. Tried starting one over again; now it's back to #52 in queue. :(

BTW, what's with this new "queuing"? Missions used to start publishing immediately, and usually only took about 15 minutes. That system seemed to work beautifully, and gave us immediate return on our time-investment so we could check our missions (since many things in missions aren't "testable" until the mission is published -- like wandering NPCs, for example).

With this new queuing system, it seems like it's going to take several hours or even days for a given mission to publish. That removes the incentive for us to tweak/edit/perfect our missions, since each new publish takes too long.

• rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With this new queuing system, it seems like it's going to take several hours or even days for a given mission to publish. That removes the incentive for us to tweak/edit/perfect our missions, since each new publish takes too long.

I suspect that there is always a queue... this is just the first time it has been visible to players. There was probably a backup in publishing that occured during this hanging of the process. If you were in the fifties when you queued up, then it's a good sign... I just hit publish and I am #43, which means they are being published in the order they were received... just slowly! :D
    edited December 2012
    I suspect that there is always a queue... this is just the first time it has been visible to players. There was probably a backup in publishing that occured during this hanging of the process. If you were in the fifties when you queued up, then it's a good sign... I just hit publish and I am #43, which means they are being published in the order they were received... just slowly! :D

I think this is the most likely explanation. Publishing was down for at least 48 hours. If we have a queue of 50 missions that only comes out to about one per hour. There might be more missions where the person gaveul up and canceled the publish, but even if you double the number of missions you're still only looking at one per half hour. If the average publish takes only 10-15 minutes, a lot of times you wouldn't even notice.

This period also included part of the weekend when the largest amount of missions were likely to be published, so during the week its likely less bad. Assuming even a couple missions can be published concurrently you'd hardly ever encounter the queue.

I know from personal experience that in the past my missions have sometime taken over an hour to publish, whereas they usually only require 15 minutes, so that was probably the queue in action. S7 probably just exposed the existence of the queue since there was a UI change (we can now cancel publish without withdrawing our mission whereas before we could only stop it by withdrawing it altogether).
This discussion has been closed.