test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holiday Bugs

mrbluegreysfmrbluegreysf Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am having all kinds of bugs today.
Winter Wonderland is a limbo of no NPCs, no visual affects, crazy rubber banding, and the inability to exit, beam out, change characters or anything short of Exiting the game entirely.

Also, when I logged into my KDF, Q was bald.

The chat was offline too.

Hope things get fixed soon, I have grinding to do for my free Breen ships :)

~MBG
Post edited by mrbluegreysf on

Comments

• holibrae581#2435 holibrae581 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My problem is when I'm gathering snowballs (farming the holiday items) sometimes they don't loot. It's driving me crazy.
    Zadesca - 23c Andorian Eng Officer
    Raychul - Remen Sci Officer
    Lumba - Ferengi Eng Officer
    Vadesca - Orion Eng Officer
    AKA: Yavin_Prime
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    At least your physics engine didn't crash on you.
    I tried reloading the game, but even the login window was all bugging out. So I had to reboot my computer.
  • jpearsonldc18jpearsonldc18 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am having the same issue. And now lately the launcher does not seem to want to work correctly either. I have to try several times before it will load correctly. I have also tried to force verify the files but that is not working either.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Having problems like you making it hard to play and advance in anything.
  • bluejuhbluejuh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am having all kinds of bugs today.
    Winter Wonderland is a limbo of no NPCs, no visual affects, crazy rubber banding, and the inability to exit, beam out, change characters or anything short of Exiting the game entirely.

Also, when I logged into my KDF, Q was bald.

The chat was offline too.

Hope things get fixed soon, I have grinding to do for my free Breen ships :)

~MBG

Having the same Winter Limbo issue as you: I enter the instance, but not everything is loaded correctly. (Q might be bald. I might be invisible. The Race Coordinator might be nothing but a name and puff of breath, once the entire gazeebo area was missing)

I can see other players and fleetmates walk around. I can walk around, too, but every once in a while I'll snap back to my spawn point. Nothing is interactable. Snowpiles and consoles do not glow. NPCs do not have icons. "Press F" dialogs do not appear. I'll get messages saying the snowman boss has spawned, but I never register the snowman's Open Mission.

The game UI is clickable, but uneffective. I cannot change instance, beam out, log out or change character. I can Exit, though. The Doff window shows a completed assignment, but I cannot redeem it. Sometimes the assignment details have no text. Just images, a timer and (i think) the qualities of assigned doffs. The Fleet window shows our fleet at level 0, with XP 0. The Holdings tab is blank. PvE queue states "Waiting for Server...". Inbox shows "No new mail." I can't submit bug reports.

The weirdest part, though? It only happens with _some_ toons, and only when in the wonderland. My unaffected toons can run around the same instance with no problems, and if one of my affected toons gets reset to ESD, it can play just fine. Only when certain toons reach this specific map does my game become unresponsive in this way.

Oh, and FWIW: My chat is not broken. (at least: not the channels I've joined. I didn't try local or zone chat)
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bluejuh wrote: »
    Having the same Winter Limbo issue as you: I enter the instance, but not everything is loaded correctly. (Q might be bald. I might be invisible. The Race Coordinator might be nothing but a name and puff of breath, once the entire gazeebo area was missing)

I can see other players and fleetmates walk around. I can walk around, too, but every once in a while I'll snap back to my spawn point. Nothing is interactable. Snowpiles and consoles do not glow. NPCs do not have icons. "Press F" dialogs do not appear. I'll get messages saying the snowman boss has spawned, but I never register the snowman's Open Mission.

The game UI is clickable, but uneffective. I cannot change instance, beam out, log out or change character. I can Exit, though. The Doff window shows a completed assignment, but I cannot redeem it. Sometimes the assignment details have no text. Just images, a timer and (i think) the qualities of assigned doffs. The Fleet window shows our fleet at level 0, with XP 0. The Holdings tab is blank. PvE queue states "Waiting for Server...". Inbox shows "No new mail." I can't submit bug reports.

The weirdest part, though? It only happens with _some_ toons, and only when in the wonderland. My unaffected toons can run around the same instance with no problems, and if one of my affected toons gets reset to ESD, it can play just fine. Only when certain toons reach this specific map does my game become unresponsive in this way.

Oh, and FWIW: My chat is not broken. (at least: not the channels I've joined. I didn't try local or zone chat)

I have problems like that but not just in the Winter Wonderland it happens in other places as well.
  • ddelgadilloddelgadillo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starbear wrote: »
    My problem is when I'm gathering snowballs (farming the holiday items) sometimes they don't loot. It's driving me crazy.

Same problem here.
  • lordcoldfirelordcoldfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One of the issues that I've encountered is that the dialog for researching the Snow Epohh Tags seems to only appear the first time you speak to the NPC. If you walk away, or have to cancel another assignment to free up the required officers, you cannot return to that option. I've had to return to Earth Spacedock, and then go back to the Winter Wonderland map for the option to reset. Anyone else had this issue, or have a better workaround then having to leave and come back?
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One of the issues that I've encountered is that the dialog for researching the Snow Epohh Tags seems to only appear the first time you speak to the NPC. If you walk away, or have to cancel another assignment to free up the required officers, you cannot return to that option. I've had to return to Earth Spacedock, and then go back to the Winter Wonderland map for the option to reset. Anyone else had this issue, or have a better workaround then having to leave and come back?

Check your "Personal" assignments tab. Once you click through a DOff assignment from the NPC, the assignment moves to your Personal assignments list and disappears from the NPC list. When you leave Q's Winter Wonderland, your Personal assignments list resets so when you go back to Q's Winter Wonderland, the NPC offers the assignment again.

This behavior is inconsistent. For example, when clicked, the officer reassignment assignments from the Academy NPC will "copy" itself to your Personal assignments list and remain on the NPC's list. The Turn in Contraband assignment from the Spacedock NPC also uses the copy process instead of the disappear process.

Another inconsistency you will see is what the NPC's assignment list looks like when an assignment is on-going. For the Academy and Spacedock NPCs, the assignment will be grayed out until the assignment completes (sometimes longer).

The Q's Winter Wonderland NPC, on the hand, will not gray out the Research Epohh Tags assignment. This NPC will allow you to _attempt_ to start the assignment again. This "phantom" assignment does not require Epohh Tags as input and also will give you a fail to start error message when you try to start it.
  • unknownmgxunknownmgx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i cant equip snowballs.. the loot go into invetory but as soon as you say equip... GONE..
    edited December 2012
    Are you using the right click, and selecting the "Equip" option? When you do this, do you see the stack of snowballs appear in a device slot of your toon? If so, start from step "5)" below.

Otherwise, try the following method instead:
    1) Make sure you have no snowballs in your inventory or on your toon's device slot. This is to prevent you accidentally having any melting/melted snowballs.
    2) Collect a stack of snowballs.
    3) Open up your toon's status UI (where you can see the toon's device slots).
    4) Drag and drop the stack of snowballs into one of the toon's device slots.
    5) If the stack of snowballs does not appear in your action bar, drag and drop the stack of snowballs from your device slot into your action bar. From now until this stack of snowballs melt, every stack of snowballs you pick up will auto-magically be usable from your action bar.
    6) Find a moving snowman.
    7) Use the keyboard <Tab> key to auto-target the closest snowman or left click on a snowman to acquire a target. If you do not actively target a snowman, you will likely watch your character throw snowballs at nothing or not be allowed to throw any snowballs.
    8) Use your action bar keyboard shortcut or left click on the snowball stack in your action bar to throw snowballs at the targeted snowman.

If these steps do not help you, please try to post additional details of what you are experiencing.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just had another issue with the Flurry weapon. Pressing 1 and 2 to fire didn't work, but clicking the icon in the tray did make it fire. I changed instance, removed and reloaded the weapon and checked my number lock wasn't on. Someone else said they were having a similar issue.

EDIT: Logged out, logged back in and played another snowman event, and now it works okay. The only thing I can think, is that I used an emote a couple of minutes before the initial snowman event started. Hope that helps.
  • mrbluegreysfmrbluegreysf Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So it has been 4 going on 5 days and I am still having all the same problems previously listed in thread. Snapping around, invisible NPCs, non-functioning prompts, no way to leave QWW, rubber banding back after several minutes blowing my race cuz I snap out of the raceway and get disqualified....

This is severely impairing my ability to run the race enough times for my 1000 Autographed photos.

Can the timeline for available runs be extended to make up for this frustrating delay in fixing whatever is going on?
  • masterdefiantmasterdefiant Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    have nothing but problems from rubber band effects and not getting any loot from wonderland to infected x2 borg processors and almost 2000 in dillitium (maybe miss spelled) I've had the issues maybe after six hours of the patch so is there any hope or going to loose out on a breen ship
  • dkservantesdkservantes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I cant buy the flurry weapon, and i have all of the things i need for it.
    edited December 2012
    I cant buy the flurry weapon, and i have all of the things i need for it.

Check to make sure you don't have anything in your overflow bag. The overflow bag has been attributed to almost all "unable to make holiday vendor purchases"-type bug reports.
  • jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    submitted a ticket a day ago about not being able to pick up snowballs at all, on any character and i cant send them on the crew assignment either, which makes me almost unable to get any stuff at all, the race is the only thing im able to do each day but thats about it,
    kinda hope for som compensation for this but i highly doubt ill get anything at all.
    going away for christmas in 2 days so from then on i cant participate and cant get any more items until next year =\
    edited December 2012
    jacktanto wrote: »
    submitted a ticket a day ago about not being able to pick up snowballs at all, on any character and i cant send them on the crew assignment either, which makes me almost unable to get any stuff at all, the race is the only thing im able to do each day but thats about it,
    kinda hope for som compensation for this but i highly doubt ill get anything at all.
    going away for christmas in 2 days so from then on i cant participate and cant get any more items until next year =\

I've also noticed the snowballs not being picked up problem. Did you try the following steps?
    snovern wrote: »
    Otherwise, try the following method instead:
    1) Make sure you have no snowballs in your inventory or on your toon's device slot. This is to prevent you accidentally having any melting/melted snowballs.
    2) Collect a stack of snowballs.
    3) Open up your toon's status UI (where you can see the toon's device slots).
    4) Drag and drop the stack of snowballs into one of the toon's device slots.
    5) If the stack of snowballs does not appear in your action bar, drag and drop the stack of snowballs from your device slot into your action bar. From now until this stack of snowballs melt, every stack of snowballs you pick up will auto-magically be usable from your action bar.
    6) Find a moving snowman.
    7) Use the keyboard <Tab> key to auto-target the closest snowman or left click on a snowman to acquire a target. If you do not actively target a snowman, you will likely watch your character throw snowballs at nothing or not be allowed to throw any snowballs.
    8) Use your action bar keyboard shortcut or left click on the snowball stack in your action bar to throw snowballs at the targeted snowman.

Sometimes, I have found that I need to perform step "2)" twice for a first stack of snowballs to appear in my inventory. Melted snowballs can sometimes be invisible either in your inventory, in your toon's device slot, or both. The first stack of snowballs you pick up (while you have both your toon's Status UI and inventory open) can help trigger those invisible melted snowballs to go away. Then, the second stack you pick up will appear in your inventory.

If these steps do not help you, please try to post additional details of what you are experiencing.
  • scuttahscuttah Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the snowballs i collect only equip in C9. they one time were assigned on my number 8 key. I have dragged them to 8 but they wont stay. how does one get to make device items stay on the number key the desire? The snowballs on c9 are only thrown one at a time! they do not load the stack.... sigh. any help is appreciated for this newbie!