test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem with snowmen...

ragsyragsy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The snowmen you check in the winter wonderland, I'm spamming them to try to get credit for the title "frosty", but I'm not getting actual credit for checking the snowman. It just spams the green text at me about a candycane. It's the last snowman I need to interact with, but it just won't give credit.

On a side note. This is the same bug that was around last christmas, and I was unable to complete it then either.

Please fix this.
Post edited by ragsy on

Comments

• Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you are talking about getting the "Snowman About Town" accolade, then I'm having the same problem.

The only snowman scene I'm missing is the "Klingon Customs" one. I've spiral-crawled the entire Winter Wonderland map. I also crawled the map using a vertical grid pattern and still cannot find that last snowman scene.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    snovern wrote: »
    If you are talking about getting the "Snowman About Town" accolade, then I'm having the same problem.

The only snowman scene I'm missing is the "Klingon Customs" one. I've spiral-crawled the entire Winter Wonderland map. I also crawled the map using a vertical grid pattern and still cannot find that last snowman scene.

That accolade worked fine for me, but didn't notice any points awarded for it. whats the 'frosty' one ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Can anyone who has successfully gotten the accolade (w/ points or not) shed some light on where the "Klingon Customs" snowman scene is?

I'd like to run my toon there to check whether:
    a) I actually triggered the scene but didn't get credit for it (or the scene cannot be triggered for my toon),
    b) the scene is mistakenly returning the "candycane" message and not giving credit on my (and other people's) toon(s), or
    c) I missed the scene despite my searching.

I have two fleet mates who are also missing the same "Klingon Customs" snowman scene so mine is not an isolated case.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I just got the accolade, "Snowman About Town", as well as the title choice, "Frosty".

The snowman scene that triggered the completion for me was the one just to the north of the wooden platform you beam in on. There are two snowmen, one with part of its head sliced off.

The message I got was the candycane one, "In Q's Winter Wonderland, it is customary to howl a warning before you take the last candy cane." Triggering this scene checked off the "Klingon Customs" requirement for me.

I know I triggered this scene several times when playing yesterday with no effect. Today was a different matter. Triggering it once today gave me the accolade, title choice, and now I can no longer trigger that scene.

For anyone else having the problem completing this accolade, I can only suggest closing down the game and restarting. If that doesn't work, wait a day to try again. Yesterday, I tried logging off and back on, and that did not work for me.
  • Options
    kaerithiakaerithia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    snovern wrote: »

Same here...I've searched for hours but can't find it. Hints would be great.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I never noticed a problem either. In fact, both of my characters have completed the accolade after just a few minutes of searching. The difficult part is finding them the first time, but it is a small map. I found them all simply by wandering around the PvE track. After that, just remember the locations, and your other characters will obtain the accolade in no time at all.
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    What's the 'frosty' one ?
    It is not an accolade at all. "Frosty" is the title you are awarded with for completing the "Snowman About Town" accolade.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    belisalbelisal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the same problem. I've been clicking on the group north of the starting platform and it just keeps telling me the candy cane line and not giving me any credit. Getting really frustrated by it.
  • Options
    belisalbelisal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just managed to make klingon customs work by dropping my group before clicking. Dunno if that'll work for anyone else.
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Where's the "Snowball fight!" scene? Can't seem to find it :/
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    skonn wrote: »
    Where's the "Snowball fight!" scene? Can't seem to find it :/

Follow the bottom edge of the map towards the right side. There should be scene with 5-7 snowmen in a valley looking like they are throwing snowballs at each other.
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seems there are no bugs with snowmen scenes, i've searched them all with 4 characters,completed accolade and got the "Frosty" title.Some scenes have a random triggering point.The Snowball Fight is very well hidden :D and of course btw don't search scenes while "Snowball fight!" mini-event is active..all the snowmen comes alive and will leave their scenes locations :D
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Q%27s_Winter_Wonderland_map.png

you're welcome :cool:
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    criss11 wrote: »
    Seems there are no bugs with snowmen scenes, i've searched them all with 4 characters,completed accolade and got the "Frosty" title.Some scenes have a random triggering point.The Snowball Fight is very well hidden :D and of course btw don't search scenes while "Snowball fight!" mini-event is active..all the snowmen comes alive and will leave their scenes locations :D
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Q%27s_Winter_Wonderland_map.png

you're welcome :cool:

Oh NOW someone posts a map with the snowman locations marked lol.

I actually managed to find them all the first day on all 4 characters by myself. :P
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    monkeybone13 :

you are not the last player on STO.Every day someone new is making an account and starting to play the game:) and if you got all the scenes completed that doesn't mean every one did it too.period
    By chance someone before to start to play/download this game ,first can visit a wikia database to see which kind of content is in the game :)
    Never its to late and better later than never:D
    It is same like the game, mostly offline due to unscheduled maintenances or disconnects and full with bugs but in the end ,later, things,are starting to be fixed and added new content on scheduled maintenances :D
    have fun
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon