test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us use snowball weapons outside of the Wonderland

brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Seems redundant to give us a weapon we can only use 35 days out of the 365.25 days in a year?

They should still deal massive damage to snowmen but add weapon stats when outside the wonderland.

Flurry should do
40 damage per hitx3
and the secondary should be
50 per hit

Avalance should be
120 per hit
With a 2% chance to knockback target 5ft
secondary should be 340
with a 5% chance to Knockback all targets 10ft

They should both have 8% chance to CritH
And 20% CritD
With a 2.5% chance to proc "Cold"

Cold Debuff:
Decrease CritH by 2% for 5s
Decrease CritD by 10% for 5s
Decrease Cold Resist by 30% for 5s
Slow Movement speed by 20% for 5s
Put out plasma fires.

And Borg cant adapt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by brokenmirror2012 on

Comments

• olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is this limitation that keeps me from wasting drops on buying one of these. It will eventually rot away and take up a much needed bank slot.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No no. Leave the current damage as is, let us mount it as a heavy cannon variant aboard ship. :eek:

Say with a 30 degree forward targeting arc and moderately slower rate of fire than its current...
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Make it autokill anyone who has a party popper equipped and activate it in drozana (has no effect anywhere else hopefully)
    Live long and Prosper
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I did just look over the damage numbers from the first post. These numbers would make it one of the most powerful ground weapons in the game so to that...no.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wanna throw snowballs at Tholians :(
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I bet OP has Cryo Grenades :P
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please no.

The day I join a PuG for KAGE and appear in a group full of snowball launchers is the day I quit this game for good...

But by all means have it as a 'social' weapon like the Party Poppers though.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

This. It'd be awesome if it was able to just... shoot harmless snowballs anywhere. It doesn't need to be useful in battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    This. It'd be awesome if it was able to just... shoot harmless snowballs anywhere. It doesn't need to be useful in battle.

Only if the "harmless" (read annoying/ griefing) snowballs allow the victim to retaliate with full PvP firepower.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Using snowballs outside of the event...Oh that will never backfire on anyone:rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone who is not buying one of these because it wont function later.
    You realize that having one of these 'guns' improves your participation in the snowball fights every half hour. The better you do in those fights, the better drops you get after Big Bad goes down. The 'guns' pay for themselves in like 2 snowball fights max.

It is foolish NOT to buy one, as the improved drops mean that you get to the other stuff you want faster.

Just my observation.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nope.

I actually don't like these weapons. The first time participated in taking on that huge king snowman no-one had these weapons and thousands of snowballs were flying all over the place, it was mayhem and pretty good fun.

And now nothing happens at all, the same fight is finished in a fraction of the time with a handful of players because they have these guns. Shame really.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please no.

The day I join a PuG for KAGE and appear in a group full of snowball launchers is the day I quit this game for good...

This, a million times, THIS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited December 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Anyone who is not buying one of these because it wont function later.
    You realize that having one of these 'guns' improves your participation in the snowball fights every half hour. The better you do in those fights, the better drops you get after Big Bad goes down. The 'guns' pay for themselves in like 2 snowball fights max.

It is foolish NOT to buy one, as the improved drops mean that you get to the other stuff you want faster.

Just my observation.

I did not know you got more based on kills :eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Before I got the weapon I would average maybe 5 things in that drop after the boss, since I started using the avalanche I'd say i average 8 to 9 items. Just been my experience.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's not a huge difference, but a very tangible one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2012
    It's not a huge difference, but a very tangible one.

I'd just call it math :)
    Easy way to look at it is this.

End of Snowball Fight reward :
    Figure an Average of 5 items without the gun
    do the fight 5 times

25 of the items

Average of say 8 (low end) with the snow gun
    do the fight 5 times

40 of the collectible items.

That divide keeps getting bigger the more you do the snowball fight.
    yeah , not a huge difference, but Math tells me it's a pretty important one if i want to get all the items I want to get.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd just call it math :)
    Easy way to look at it is this.

End of Snowball Fight reward :
    Figure an Average of 5 items without the gun
    do the fight 5 times

25 of the items

Average of say 8 (low end) with the snow gun
    do the fight 5 times

40 of the collectible items.

That divide keeps getting bigger the more you do the snowball fight.
    yeah , not a huge difference, but Math tells me it's a pretty important one if i want to get all the items I want to get.
    I'd heard you can use avalanche to assassinate the snowman army in the NW sector. hide in the mountain just out of range and waste them in a single shot!

Never tried it but I heard it can be done.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • maddrivermaddriver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think it should be an actual weapon.
    But it would be nice to have it working outside Wonderland, like the other devices.
    As long as it won't be an actual weapon (deal damage), I am okay with the idea.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
    edited December 2012
    Before I got the weapon I would average maybe 5 things in that drop after the boss, since I started using the avalanche I'd say i average 8 to 9 items. Just been my experience.

That would explain why after we finish the current ZONE and switch to one that still has Snowmen I would get less since they are usually halfway done.

I can see Drozana station now, and snow ball fight all the time if they make it useable outside....the RPers are going to hate that lol let's give more ammo to Griefers that can never go wrong.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited December 2012
    That would explain why after we finish the current ZONE and switch to one that still has Snowmen I would get less since they are usually halfway done.

You are correct, Sir.

I usually get 8 or 9 items in my first zone, 5 or 6 in the second and if I make a 3rd I usually get maybe 4. Starting that first zone with the massive kill zone of the army helps a bunch too.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Aslong as you can't break other people's windows sure let them go crazy in social zones
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well given the infamous past with the grief grenades, having the blasters work on people and in social zones is just asking for trouble. So here are some possibiltiies I can think of:

1) Works only on Andoria / Rura Penthe

2) In the Winter Event Zone, Flurry and Avalanche are snowball throwers. Outside, they are cryo blasters that have stats en par with similar weaponry. Except they have a small chance to freeze or slow an opponent (similar to what we have now with the Cryo Shotgun and the CRM200).

3) Are able to be turned in at the end of the Event for a type of "refund" or can be exchanged for another item such as a Coat, Nanopulse, or a Scarf.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I was thinking this could be more like this year's party poppers. So when we are outside the Wonderland, we could use them exactly as such.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That would be awesome if we could use snow cannons outside of wonderland.
    This would help make the game more fun.
  • killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I really want to use this gun on enemies, but doeant have to be as powerfull as th op stated. Lets face kt hardened icy snowballs hurt!!! I dont think everyone will use it outside but after the event it would really be nice ro still use as a weapon. If its like the popper it will have ro take a device slot and i cant display it on my back. It can be balanced but i want to shoot other enemies with snow balls like the borg. Snawball to the face for the borg.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    killjack0 wrote: »
    I really want to use this gun on enemies, but doeant have to be as powerfull as th op stated. Lets face kt hardened icy snowballs hurt!!! I dont think everyone will use it outside but after the event it would really be nice ro still use as a weapon. If its like the popper it will have ro take a device slot and i cant display it on my back. It can be balanced but i want to shoot other enemies with snow balls like the borg. Snawball to the face for the borg.

OK, I don't want them in-game as viable weapons but I'm open to compromise - you can have your snowball-gun to shoot Borg in Elite STFs on one condition - the minute you hit any Borg with it, you get aggro from every Borg in range (i.e. max threat).

That way, you can enjoy snowballing the Borg Queen in the face, and I get to enjoy watching you die over and over and over again.

Fair? :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Good thing i usually hate ground missions. But if i kesp dieing were probably going to loose the Stf. Are you fine with that. I just want to have fun in this game. This adds more fun to it if we get to insult our enemies by slinging snowballs at them. With the Breen we would be fighting cold with cold. It just good for a good laugh which is good.

In elite stfs we use to call tactical drones hacticals.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd heard you can use avalanche to assassinate the snowman army in the NW sector. hide in the mountain just out of range and waste them in a single shot!

Never tried it but I heard it can be done.

Just tried it. Almost, but not quite. The army is a little bigger than the Avalanche's explosion radius, so you will always miss some. The survivors will overwhelm and snow you if you don't immediately run after the shot.
  • idazmiidazmi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please no.

I agree. There are acceptable breaks from Canon, and then there aren't. This isn't. You should not be able to hurt ANYTHING AT ALL with a snowball gun - ever. No matter WHO made it. :confused: