test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Weekend Rewards

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The reward for the Season 7 Tribble Test Weekend is now available to those players who are eligible to receive it. Read more for additional information.

NOTE: You can only equip the Tribble while on a ground map.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why you keep doing this Cryptic? Why are those tribbles unequippable on bridge officers? This is completely pointless. We must either keep those furries in our own device slots or let them eat every food from either personal inventory or bank.

WHY?

Radan Tribble can be equipped on boffs. Why not Fleet Tribble and Moh'Rihan Tribble?

I'm not claiming this on my other toons until this is "fixed".
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With the fleet tribble I get it. A player could potentially create/delete/recreate a character over and over for free fleet marks. However, with this reward...where is the harm? Romulan marks can't be exchanged between characters/players so I don't really see why the requirements are needed. Please Cryptic, I was quite disappointed over the fact that I couldn't give my fleet tribble to a boff. Is it possible to alter this tribble so that it can be given to boff if the level restrictions cannot be dropped.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    Radan Tribble can be equipped on boffs. Why not Fleet Tribble and Moh'Rihan Tribble?

I'm not claiming this on my other toons until this is "fixed".

This sounds like a threat to attempt to punish the devs for not making something the way you want it. However, I'm not sure this "punishes" anyone but yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tried to recreate the STO Vulcan Phaser Girl in game, but I couldn't find that belt. What belt is that?
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited December 2012
    I'll add this to the other fleet tribbles I don't use :(
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Oh yay, another worthless reward. And you wonder why no one tests for you.....

It's not worthless, the buff is actually quite decent for a tribble. The only problem is it forces you to store it in inventory, bank, or your device slots. That or discard it whenever you want to swap it for something else.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Only the Tribble?
    last 2 times we got a special Doff also.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited December 2012
    It's not worthless, the buff is actually quite decent for a tribble. The only problem is it forces you to store it in inventory, bank, or your device slots. That or discard it whenever you want to swap it for something else.

I edited my post, I sounded too harsh ;)

The only redeeming feature is the + bonus to plasma and disruptor.

Wish boffs could use them though :(
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm reposting this from a different thread, because it's relevant to tribble testing rewards

What, I think, Cryptic wants from Tribble is enough players to log on and play this content so they can collect data on it.

That's not how I've ever seen any test server work in any MMO without pretty significant rewards for doing so.

What you usually see are a small handful of dedicated players who are willing to test, and willing to provide feedback with the caveat that they expect their feedback to be listened to and to an extent responded to.

From Cryptic's viewpoint they might feel that small group of players is atypical and (their viewpoint) is not representative of the larger playerbase.

From that group of player's viewpoint, they're investment in terms of playtime and study of the game gives them a fairly good ability to quickly and roughly gauge how something will end up just by eyeballing it.

Going forward, I would say that the best solution might be for the devs to give more creedence to the smaller group by trying to make better use of the feedback they provide even though it's mostly qualitative as opposed to the quantitative data they probably prefer. (And Borticus, ArchonCryptic, and Salami Inferno were active in several of the larger discussions so they deserve credit in this respect - although less came of the feedback than many players hoped for).

In addition to this, I think that in order to get larger quantities of players to deliver the kind of quantitative metrics Cryptic is hoping for would be to grant a pretty significant reward for playing on the test server.

My personal suggestion would be some number of time active on tribble (active meaning actually partaking in whatever new content or system is being tested and not simply logging on) equating to some number of dilithium.

Personally I think that if they could pull this off, that something like 4000 dilithium per hour on your holodeck account would be a good ballpark number.

It might seem like a lot until you consider that players are basically being asked to stop progress on their holodeck characters while they actively invest their freetime to playtest content.

I have a wife, a 1 year old baby a full time job that sometimes requires overtime and I have 10 active characters to maintain in this game.

As much as I'd love to playtest content the incentive to dedicate a large chunk of my free time by losing progress on holodeck to test content that I'm going to have to re-grind once it goes live anyway is just not strong enough. A DOFF and a Tribble are insufficient for this purpose.

All that and no DOFF this time. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you Cryptic for the Test Reward. However, I do have to agree with the sentiments expressed by Suaveks and Majortiraomega in regards to the "locked" nature of this tribble. Like the Fleet Tribble from last season, this one will be forced into "active zones" such as on our Captain, in our Inventory, or Bank. We will be unable to store it on a BO. This causes all sorts of inconvenienes.

Please reconsider/fix this. Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seriously WHY CANT I PUT THIS ON A BOFF? No claim... I couldnt put the Fleet Tribble on a boff either... so now I cant keep food in my inventory otherwise it eats it all... pass.

Edit: And if this is all were gonna keep getting for testing Im just gonna not bother, especially after S7s launch, when testers told you you guys were making mistakes with all the changes and then you launched and then had to recant everything...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    DAMN YOU SANDY!! I missed the weekend because of her.

hope it ends up in a lockbox down the road like the Cross fire did. :(
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Nah it i a useless reward at least with the last season you got a Breen Doff I actually glad I didnt waste my time for another useless tribble that I will never use
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Some people can be so ungrateful, it's sickening.

Thanks for the tribble. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can this Tribble be reclaimed if you toss it? I'm not planning on throwing mine out, but I know this was a problem with the Fleet Tribble, so I'd like to know before I make any decision in the future regarding it.
  • Options
    cervantes3cervantes3 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well well, i spend at last 3 hours on tribble for testing the season 7, and as a result i don't have the reward promised ?

Thank you for joking me cryptic.
  • Options
    allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is this reward reclaimable?
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ah, I just use it and trash it, and reclaim if i need it again.

TRIBBLE it, I dont want tribbles gobbling up my special foods.
    :eek:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They really NEED to give us a separate 'Holding Tank' if They are going to continue to make the tribbles in this manner.

Not being able to keep our foods and tribbles apart to control their breeding, is a game flaw as far as I'm concerned.

Just create another inventory box that only holds pets, we already have them stored in our two banks now so it can't really add much more to the load cost.

One of the main reasons I created my own Fleet way-back-when was just to have a placed to do this.

There was a wonderful thread back in the Cryptic Forums that described in very good detail, a whole set up for Tribble Breeding mechanic/player storage for the game... (which I can't find it at the moment).

Perhaps it's time to go back and re-examine that idea.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    They really NEED to give us a separate 'Holding Tank' if They are going to continue to make the tribbles in this manner.

Hey Cryptic, why don't you put this in the Z-Store?

A tribble stasis chamber... holds 50 tribbles: bound, unbound, unique, etc. Shove any furball in your inventory into the Tribble Stasis Chamber for long term storage.

Sounds like a plan and you guys might make a couple of bucks from it.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I have a better idea ... just give the captain two extra device slots, six instead of four. Because I'm starting to get issues with which devices to keep and which to have out of my slots when switching through various missions like ground STF's, Defurry ground daily, Defurra Invasion, Winter Event, Foundry Missions, Nookara Event, Ground Fleet Missions / Actions etc.

So many various items and my inventory is full of stuff. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I have a better idea ... just give the captain two extra device slots, six instead of four. Because I'm starting to get issues with which devices to keep and which to have out of my slots when switching through various missions like ground STF's, Defurry ground daily, Defurra Invasion, Winter Event, Foundry Missions, Nookara Event, Ground Fleet Missions / Actions etc.

So many various items and my inventory is full of stuff. :)

I second this motion. Six device slots on our Captains would be extremely handy.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    They really NEED to give us a separate 'Holding Tank' if They are going to continue to make the tribbles in this manner... There was a wonderful thread back in the Cryptic Forums that described in very good detail, a whole set up for Tribble Breeding mechanic/player storage for the game...
    I couldn't agree more. I think you are referring to a wonderful post back in Feb 2011, by JPJappic, in regards to what he called the "Tribble Terrarium". The thread is "archived" here, unfortunately the cool mock-up picture he made of it is a dead link.

I like Eris' idea of more Device slots. That would be great, in general. However, I would really like a separate Terrarium in which I could store/display my many tribbles, and as with Cincsac - I would would pay zen to get it.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    makurdemakurde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I spent more than an hour on the TEST server. doing quests, etc etc STF.
    why do not I also have my tribble?
    HELP ME STAFF!
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seriously how hard would it be for them to create a special doff? like 1 hour of work? Most of us who did the tribble test put in 2hrs+
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    cincsac wrote: »
    Hey Cryptic, why don't you put this in the Z-Store?

A tribble stasis chamber... holds 50 tribbles: bound, unbound, unique, etc. Shove any furball in your inventory into the Tribble Stasis Chamber for long term storage.

Sounds like a plan and you guys might make a couple of bucks from it.

So in other words we're asking for Pokeballs now? :confused:

Tho.... It'd make sense for the Eppohs. :P
  • Options
    decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    While I love the idea of this Tribble, the Fleet Tribble and the Radon tribble in theory, in practice the fact is that I'm going to forget to pet them, and if you did some data mining you'd probably find that the majority of players with these tribbles under-utilize them. One thing that would help with that would be adding the "Use" option to the tribble's right-click pop-up so they could be activated from inventory while in space (even if doing this just gave the marks or dilithium and didn't confer the BUFF).

If you really wanted to turn this reward from disappointment to jubilation, you could add an "auto-pet" feature, where captains would auto-pet the tribble when logging in (the way we auto-refine dilithium) if the tribble's cooldown was finished.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Will the cannibal tribble eat the romulan tribble? I'd rather not have it stuck in my inventory and my reman officer could use a tribble to call his own but he can't hold this one apparently.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Will the cannibal tribble eat the romulan tribble? I'd rather not have it stuck in my inventory and my reman officer could use a tribble to call his own but he can't hold this one apparently.

Cannibal tribble won't eat the "premium" tribbles, just the random ones.
This discussion has been closed.