test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't enter system, can't transwarp.

princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
What do you do when you're headed to a mission but the game won't let you enter the system and when you try to transwarp away, it brings you back right where you were?

The transwarp cooldown is counting down too - as if I'd actually reached my destination.

Seems I'm stuck in the Pelia sector.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by princedimwit on

Comments

• bolter25bolter25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had that happen to me too in one sector (I think it was Eta Eridani with my Fed toon) a week ago.

The only way I got around it was to exit the game completely and restart the game. Annoying bug but minor.

It had not recurred.
  • agentcross420agentcross420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They won't let me make a thread so hopefully someone can see this and help. I entered the Transwarp Hub in the Risa Sector and the game timed out.. Now when I log in, in both safe and normal mode it just keeps timing out and throwing me back to the log in screen? Anyone had this happen before?
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, it's happening again. I'm stuck in the beta ursae sector block. I can't transwarp out, though i get the option, effect, and cooldown, and i can't enter any systems. i've exited the game 3 times, and no luck. Anyone else? Any solutions?

Update- just discovered i can't enter any stf's either. Can't do anything.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Well, it's happening again. I'm stuck in the beta ursae sector block. I can't transwarp out, though i get the option, effect, and cooldown, and i can't enter any systems. i've exited the game 3 times, and no luck. Anyone else? Any solutions?

Update- just discovered i can't enter any stf's either. Can't do anything.

Double-check that on the login screen, under options, you have unchecked the "on demand patching". Not guaranteed, but especially on weekends and during heavy server load times, you may be stuck because it's trying to download the map and the server is creeping along.

Disabling the on demand patching means you'll have larger downloads before you can log in to the game after patches (and obviously, the first time if you've always loaded them on the fly), but you'll have all the info on your computer and won't have to rely on the servers.

I would also 'force verify' files at least once to make sure something didn't get corrupted.

This has worked for me, YRMV. Something to try anyway. Good luck!

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)