thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is there ANY method available, to pushing a "Season" patch to Holodeck, without bringing the Foundry offline for weeks/months? And if there isn't one, ever consider DEVELOPING one? Seeing as you guys continue to push the Foundry as "the next best thing", might want to look into keeping the thing online.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    2 of 6 missions played and the npcs seem fixed now. Thank you devs.

I still have a missing one in "Relics" but hopefully I should be able to fix when editor is turned back on. I think he is somehow falling through the floor of a custom map built in the sky.

But, the npcs that are spawning are staying put, so that's good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains!

An update for you: In order to resolve the issue with some NPCs disappearing from Foundry missions, we are currently republishing all of the projects on Holodeck.

More updates as they become available :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awesome. Any news on when we'll be able to edit our missions again? Or better yet, any idea when we're going to get a list of exactly what a mission needs to make it qualify for the Foundry Daily?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Greetings Foundry Authors!

Creating/ editing in the Foundry has been re-enabled on Holodeck. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy! :)

NOTE: Reviewing completed missions is still disabled at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Creating/ editing in the Foundry has been re-enabled on Holodeck. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well, that came out of nowhere! Thanks, Bran!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Unexpected and Wonderful !
    Can't wait to log on later tonight :)
  • knotaig#4206 knotaig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tried to go into Foundry but can't create a character to try out the foundry.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any update on when we get the first Season 7 spotlight? or any of the old spotlights back for that matter?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    chyexrsa wrote: »
    Tried to go into Foundry but can't create a character to try out the foundry.

Same, "character creation failed" when I try to create a character.
    edited December 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Any update on when we get the first Season 7 spotlight? or any of the old spotlights back for that matter?

We're shooting to have the first one of Season 7 up on Friday the 14th, and previous spotlights added to the "past spotlighted" list around that time too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kjaneway11kjaneway11 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My computer won't start up, so I can't play STO. It's been that way for weeks. I'm so depressed!!!! :mad: I got an HP Pavillion DV6. I hope it works soon, else I'll hav 2 save up & buy a new laptop. I miss STO & missions! I always play this when i need a pick me up & now i cant. :( love sto sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!
    & q's winter wonderland sounds so fun!
    edited December 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Same, "character creation failed" when I try to create a character.

Hi timelord79 and thepantsparty,

Can you let me know what class and species you were trying to create? Also, do you have Foundry slots available? I'd like to pass it along to the team so they can investigate.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had been trying to create a Vulcan Sci officer. I checked again and it works now, although I didn't do anything differently.

If I run into any other problems I'll take notes, thanks!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When I try to set an animation for a space NPC contact, there appear to be no animations available.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dialogues are now bugged so that you can no longer select Ship costumes to be the costume for the dialogue. You can't select them either in space or on the ground, however existing ship costumes appear to work on the ground, but in space they generate an error making it so the mission cannot be republished.

This has to be a bug because there's no reason why ships shouldn't be able to be used as the costume for a dialogue, and it worked perfectly fine before.
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When I try to set an animation for a space NPC contact, there appear to be no animations available.

I can second this problem. Maybe this is also somehow related to the dialogue bug.
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Also, there is now an issue with the animation (or lack thereof) for NPCs spawning:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6933181#post6933181
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi timelord79 and thepantsparty,

Can you let me know what class and species you were trying to create? Also, do you have Foundry slots available? I'd like to pass it along to the team so they can investigate.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I didn't try to create a new foundry character. I think you mean somebody else. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • tdawg65tdawg65 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has nothing to do with the foundry missions or anything. But ever since the season 7 patch came I have had problems with the PVE Queues. What I mean is most of the time I CANNOT PLAY THEM!!! The game crashes whenever I either click on one or as soon as I bring the Queue up. I think I have maybe played half a dozen of them since the new season started and it's getting quite old. I have filled out tickets and heard no reply. Every time it crashes, I fill out that stupid little box asking me what I was doing at the time of the crash. I have had people tell me it's my system and it's not. I can play every other part of the game with the exception of the PVE Queues. So there has to be something wrong and I'm telling you right now it's not on my end. So please find out what the problem is, I have talked to a few other people who said they are having the same problem and they can't seem to get any help either. I love the game and I have put in an insane amount time and energy and yes money to make the best characters I can.

Thank you, tdagw65
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tdawg65 wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with the foundry missions or anything....

So then why are you posting it in a thread titled "FOUNDRY Maintenance timeline ?
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    NPCs are still disappearing in missions en mass. This is a serious problem and if not corrected before the reviews go live will be disastrous to a lot of missions as they get mass 1-bombed into oblivion by players who don?t know what?s going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Hello Foundry authors and players!

Reviewing has been re-enabled on Holodeck! Go forth to play, review and tip (generously :P)!

This concludes our Season 7 Foundry Maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.