test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An apology

devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
edited December 2012 in PvP Gameplay
There is a hebrew saying: Pride before a fall.

And that saying I will heed to now. I wish to apologize first to my own fleet for my rash and far outspoken manner on fleets do and do nots. I admit it was foolish, stupit, borderline pathetic, and I wish top rectify that before my last shred of credibility and dignity flies out the window. Secondly i wish to apologise to the pvp community for my rubbish behaviour and hope I can still contibute where I can.

Finally I still stand on my descion to withdraw from the bootcamp. Given the unfortunate circumstance ive caused, such conduct Ive shown will not reflect well on the bootcamps spirit and intent. So to spare them, I will not participate.

This is final if Sargon or others dont have a bloody good reason why to even bother having me present.

Thanks for reading.

Dev
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Post edited by devorasx on

Comments

• maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    everyone makes mistakes.

stick with the bootcamp.

meh
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    maicake716 wrote: »
    everyone makes mistakes.

stick with the bootcamp.

meh

I will not. It will undermine all they stand for if I do join.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    devorasx wrote: »
    I will not. It will undermine all they stand for if I do join.

i dont see how...
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I think folks took it a little too seriously. Being somebody that's er, allowed my frustration to come to the fore - it appeared pretty obvious that is what it was. It wasn't suggesting folks attempt anatomically impossible acts with farm animals and relatives, but the frustration was evident. The anger was evident - the pain of it - that something you enjoyed was being reduced to what it is...and the possibility that you might need to compromise yourself to continue. Yep, that was all there...

...folks really just took it too seriously, imho.

Dookie happens - it's not like you posted for weeks on end about the irrefutable truth of using trics and AMS on a shuttle, eh? :)
  • paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nah, you're a good guy Devoras. I think frustrations with the game get the worst of us out and onto these forums. As long as you fight the good fight, you're one of the good guys Devoras.

But Devoras, an old Hebrew proverb also says: "The more you add, the worse it gets."

So stick to the bootcamp, the good fight to help PvP, and leave everything else as though it never happened...

Nitra?e bekarov!
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, you flipped your ****. You ****ed up. Embarrassed your fleet. Made yourself look like a fool.

Now you're going to own up by bailing on what is, probably, the one major thing that can most help new players to learn the ropes of STO, depriving them of your first hand experience with STO's PvP?

I call bull****.

The real embarrassment would be backing out on your commitment because you made a mistake and rage posted on the STO forums. Especially when you're now a living example of why and how important it is to have a level of detachment when playing PvP. Don't use your mistake as an excuse to bury your head in the sand and back out. Grit your teeth and move forward.

The only way this would really, truly reflect poorly on the program is, if instead of analyzing what your mistakes were and working damned hard to improve upon them, the heart of all PvP, you simply ran away.

/end ??motivational?? rant
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited December 2012
    dude, yer cool in my book

have fun kill bad guys
  • aytanhiaytanhi Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, you flipped your ****. You ****ed up. Embarrassed your fleet. Made yourself look like a fool.

Now you're going to own up by bailing on what is, probably, the one major thing that can most help new players to learn the ropes of STO, depriving them of your first hand experience with STO's PvP?

I call bull****.

The real embarrassment would be backing out on your commitment because you made a mistake and rage posted on the STO forums. Especially when you're now a living example of why and how important it is to have a level of detachment when playing PvP. Don't use your mistake as an excuse to bury your head in the sand and back out. Grit your teeth and move forward.

The only way this would really, truly reflect poorly on the program is, if instead of analyzing what your mistakes were and working damned hard to improve upon them, the heart of all PvP, you simply ran away.

/end ??motivational?? rant

^ Watch out, internet macho man here, people skills not required ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
    Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The more people that help the better chance we have as a community. So don't leave, dude.

Your other threads have good insight, the kind of stuff beyond build choice that needs to be inculcated into the general PvP population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grindsmygears1grindsmygears1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not that what I say means much to you, but I think it takes a big man to admit wrong. To get out of your own way and see and admit that maybe you made the wrong choice is better than most of our characters in this forum would ever rise to. Whether you participate or not, you imo are a good man for posting an apology devoras. Humbleness in pvp is something that could go a long way for the betterment of pvp. You should continue what you started.
  • keisyeakeisyea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maicake716 wrote: »
    everyone makes mistakes.

stick with the bootcamp.

meh

Quoted for truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There is a hebrew saying: Pride before a fall.

And that saying I will heed to now. I wish to apologize first to my own fleet for my rash and far outspoken manner on fleets do and do nots. I admit it was foolish, stupit, borderline pathetic, and I wish top rectify that before my last shred of credibility and dignity flies out the window. Secondly i wish to apologise to the pvp community for my rubbish behaviour and hope I can still contibute where I can.

Finally I still stand on my descion to withdraw from the bootcamp. Given the unfortunate circumstance ive caused, such conduct Ive shown will not reflect well on the bootcamps spirit and intent. So to spare them, I will not participate.

This is final if Sargon or others dont have a bloody good reason why to even bother having me present.

Thanks for reading.

Dev

Thanks for this humble response, Devoras.

In point of fact, I think this apology alone warrants your participation in Boot Camp. Because we are all so passionate about PvP we can sometimes get carried away in how we respond to one another, which occasionally leads to words that we later regret. In our worst moments, we realize our mistakes but fight on defending our statements because we don't want to appear weak. In our best moments, we do what you did, Devoras, and admit our mistakes. Injecting a bit of humility into these forums--and into PvP more generally--is PRECISELY what we need at this moment in the game. You have done PvP a great service, my friend.

You are an insightful, eager, and intelligent person, Devoras. I would hate to lose you, esp. over something like this. So, for now, and given all of the positive responses you have received here, I am going to consider you still an active member of the Boot Camp, unless you really insist on being removed.

And since we are on the topic of Hebrew literature--my PhD work is in the study of Semitic literature-- I will quote another one: "The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice" (Prov. 12:15). This is a good quote, whether or not one ascribes any sort of authority to the Hebrew Scriptures. And it happens to describe you--not the fool, but the wise man, who listens to advice.

Thanks again, Devoras. See you at Boot Camp
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm here for the group hugs, the hand holding & the rainbows.

No I'm not, I'm here for PVP. Bootcamp.

Enough soapbox statements! Get on with the internal PVP improvements! If people like you don't stick you're head out then nothing will change. And I'm sure as **** not waiting for Cryptic to solve the problems they created.

On with the show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    boot camp is a nice idea. hope all goes well but pvp will not get fixed. hf with pipe dreams. if gozer was not allowed to fix it you think boot camp will? lol
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    Allright allright. Ill stay on the bootcamp. Disregard the other post made on the matter.

• gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Allright allright. Ill stay on the bootcamp. Disregard the other post made on the matter.

Yessssssss. =)
  • livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dude i hope u stay in boot camp i rly was looking forward to learning more from u. You have always been help full to me, and sometimes u get i bit crazy in forums but your threads are always more help then hinder rock the good fight bud and stand up for what u belive in...u are passionate about the game and the pvp community and thats just what makes u a great player and member of this community.

ur top shelf devoras and by the way ty for mentioning the dilithum rate last night i sold 148000 [email]dilithum @110...free vesta comming my way soon.

Squadron Commander
    Kraven A Moorhead
    Skull Squadron
    [/email]http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=463615&TabID=3999923
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I for one am looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing your contributions to Boot Camp.

The forums are a cruel battleground. People tend not to forgive easily or forget. Take me for example. Probably still frowned upon by certain folks since beta because of my "premade" bashing.

So I will leave you with this, one of my favorite quotes by Joss Whedon:

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us. Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we'd be truly dead."