test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why no word on the Foundry?

I'm rather shocked that we've heard nothing from the devs about this. We were told that last week's patch would bring all sorts of new Foundry editing features... and then the patch didn't do so. Foundry editing's still down after weeks, and missions are broken.

Yet there hasn't been a peep from any of the devs about this. Not a word. No "Sorry, there was a screwup, we'll get the Foundry back up asap" on the dev blogs, or the forums, or ANYTHING. Just total silence.

This is unlike them... I don't understand it. I can't remember any time when a fix was promised with a patch, and then the fix failed, but they then completely ignored the failure and didn't offer any explanation to the players.

:(
Post edited by commanderleeta on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    They discovered Friday that missions have to be republished for the NPC disappearing bug fix to be applied. It was discussed in one of these threads. What decision they made or will make with that info I couldn't tell you. I asked BranFlakes on Twitter if he could make a dev post update, since not everyone here is on Twitter. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind an update on where things stand. At the moment though we're still well under the average Season update Foundry downtime (avg is about 4 weeks).
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I understand what happened; I'm just expressing shock that they're not talking about it. And when you think about it, there's really no reason why they can't turn editing back on and let us republish our missions.

As for the timetable -- we're now at 3 weeks downtime, so I'm not sure if that's really "well under" the average of 4 weeks any more. Especially since they told us this downtime would be much shorter.
    edited December 2012
    Sorry, when I read that post it sounded like you hadn't kept up with the conversation. My bad. I wonder if not turning on editing has to do with the fact that a lot of Foundry authors have left and have missions still up that wouldn't get published and would remain bugged. Pure speculation though.

And we're at 2 weeks and four days to be precise. I would very subjectively call that "well" under 4 weeks. But I suppose downtime is downtime, it all feels like years.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I could've sworn the Foundry went down on November 13 with the season 7 patch, which was three weeks ago tomorrow.
    edited December 2012
    Wasn't it a Thursday patch? On the 15th?

Ok, we really need the Foundry back, lol, cause this is now an utterly silly conversation.

This reminds me of the early days of STO, like open beta and just after launch when there was all kinds of downtime and my fleet at the time would just get up to the absolute silliest stuff during the downtime just cause we wanted to play and couldn't.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can live with delays and bugs and unintended consequences. What I can't believe is a willingness to let players play ugc knowing that almost every mission is broken. You devs need to care about the player experience here.

If PVP had the same issues, it would be turned off until it could be fixed. It doesn't help the foundry or the authors when players have spent how many days now trying to do a foundry mission only to discover that it's broken.

If you can't fix it, please turn it off so that it doesn't create even more unwillingness of the part of the players to give our missions a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tweeted BF on thanksgiving about the missions being broken, day after Foundry was turned on after days of auto publishing. Foundry was off for how many days prior to being turned on? That's the count, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    I'd agree. The whole purpose of turning on playing was to playTEST and look for bugs rather than normal, every-day Foundry playing. Well, bug found, so turn off playing while it gets fixed. Not so unreasonable, especially since our rep with the general community is sinking lower and lower each time someone plays a bugged mission then comes on here to rant about it.
    edited December 2012
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree it would be better for the Foundry to be down than up and not working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]