test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mountain Pass instance difficulty bugged or just increased???

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
WTF dude? I get to the end and Commander Ruul and the Hirogen kept using holo projectors which created even MORE enemies to fight! I got wiped about 5 times before I could defeat everything. Yes I was on NORMAL mode. I never increase my mission difficulty and I even checked to see if I somehow accidently changed it and I didn't. This mission was hard enough before the Nov. 30 patch and now it's even harder.

The only good to come out of this is the mission didn't bug and I was able to complete it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    WTF dude? I get to the end and Commander Ruul and the Hirogen kept using holo projectors which created even MORE enemies to fight! I got wiped about 5 times before I could defeat everything. Yes I was on NORMAL mode. I never increase my mission difficulty and I even checked to see if I somehow accidently changed it and I didn't. This mission was hard enough before the Nov. 30 patch and now it's even harder.

The only good to come out of this is the mission didn't bug and I was able to complete it.

Yesterday tried it first time and on Elite, lol. Died so many times i can't even count on hirogen mob. But i finished it.
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, this one's insane. The Hirogen Alphas either have enormous regen or each has a dedicated healer, as I've seen my entire team hit them and their health barely drop. This wouldn't be so bad but for the holoprojected reinforcements.

Sci captain but focused on AoE damage/debuff rather than healing. Swapping out one Sci BOFF for an extra Tac helped a bit.
  • Options
    borg4827borg4827 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i just tried it for the first time after the patch and i get to the end and get everything done then i'm stuck.:confused:
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    matth431 wrote: »
    Yeah, this one's insane. The Hirogen Alphas either have enormous regen or each has a dedicated healer, as I've seen my entire team hit them and their health barely drop. This wouldn't be so bad but for the holoprojected reinforcements.

Sci captain but focused on AoE damage/debuff rather than healing. Swapping out one Sci BOFF for an extra Tac helped a bit.

Actually, changed my mind. Use rally points (I loathe these normally, they only seem to work for me in Shooter mode) to keep your BOFFs back at the penultimate campsite, then pull enemies down towards you. The Hirogen Alpha was still a pain, but he went down without too much trouble (wandered into my Engineer's minefield). Didn't die once, none of my BOFFs did either.