What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappearing NPC Contact

2»

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    This is still broken. My npcs disappear post patch.

Example "The Needs of the Few" Project id posted earlier in the thread.

Thanks for the report, KF. The team is investigating and working on another fix.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm that the patch did not work. NPCs still disappear, rendering missions incompletable. Perhaps missions just need to be republished... but Foundry editing is still down, so we can't get in to make changes and republish. :confused:
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, after testing on tribble.

The fix is working for a new project after hitting the publish button. The npcs are still disappearing on a ported version of my "Relics" on tribble. (and my Renaissance dude is missing on the alien ship).

I don't have any other missions on tribble.

"Coldsnapped" has access to that port, and could republish it to see if it fixes it for the old mission.

So, it looks like republishing may fix the issue.

Devs, if that is the case, you should really think about another auto-republish. This bug affects so many, many missions that relying on the authors (who are still here) will still leave a huge number of missions broken.

Authors, if you have a mission published on tribble, can you (just to confirm):

1. Play your already published mission and see if you can make an npc disappear.
    2. Republish it to fix the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • commanderleetacommanderleeta Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I vote against another auto-republish. That would mean the Foundry would be down for another week, probably. I'd rather they just put the Foundry editor back online, and let us edit/republish our missions manually. As in, right away. Let us get to work.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah.. just turn it on so we can fix / republish our missions please.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited November 2012
    I vote against another auto-republish. That would mean the Foundry would be down for another week, probably. I'd rather they just put the Foundry editor back online, and let us edit/republish our missions manually. As in, right away. Let us get to work.

You know, I change my mind. You're probably right. There will be a huge number that will never be manually republished by authors who are no longer here. But, they'll eventually get fixed next season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asassinx0asassinx0 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok so I am glad that the foundry missions are back online. We have been waiting to run my scenario I made just before the release of the season 7 that took out the foundry missions for fixing......

The mission worked perfectly before on accepting it. However since foundry was withdrawn and then opened back up...I select this mission and its like the first 5 steps of the quest are gone.

And the foundry editor still is not usable so I cannot heck what the issue is either.

This mission I made DID work...DID activate properly and have like 5 more steps at the start which tells you where to go to kick off the mission....just doesnt since they came back....

Also spawns keep dissapearing from the instance making it uncompletable
    edited December 2012
    asassinx0 wrote: »
    Ok so I am glad that the foundry missions are back online. We have been waiting to run my scenario I made just before the release of the season 7 that took out the foundry missions for fixing......

The mission worked perfectly before on accepting it. However since foundry was withdrawn and then opened back up...I select this mission and its like the first 5 steps of the quest are gone.

And the foundry editor still is not usable so I cannot heck what the issue is either.

This mission I made DID work...DID activate properly and have like 5 more steps at the start which tells you where to go to kick off the mission....just doesnt since they came back....

Also spawns keep dissapearing from the instance making it uncompletable

What do you mean about the "first 5 steps?" If you have the mission in your journal as "in progress" and you re-hail the mission, it won't show you the full set of popups between the hail and the door.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallantskepticgallantskeptic Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just tried to run "Checks and Balances" and the Preservers don't appear at the end after defeating the soldiers at the obelisk.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nope, my mission is still messed up (more than usual).

On the bright side: Its so unknown and unpopular that it cannot be bombed with 1 Stars :P
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Reviewing is off right now anyways so no one is getting bombed
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    FYI, Cryptic/PWE has started another round of republishing foundry missions as announced earlier today in this post. That post indicates that the republishing may fix the disappearing NPC contact bug.

They seem to have left the "playing" part of the Foundry system up. However, a whole lot of foundry missions were no longer available to play as of my search earlier today. My guess is that more and more missions will become available as the republishing process continues.

There has been no indication on how long this republishing round will take so if you find your Foundry mission suddenly missing from the Foundry search, keep in mind that republishing may be the reason for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nope, not fixed. Testing my foundry mission, the npcs don't seem to disapear. However, the 5 enemy groups on my ground map only, do. Some will just fade away in the middle of combat, some will beam in and then out again and in again as a new group, and others will just appear as 1 character who runs at me and then fades away to nothing. In all of these cases, once the ALERT passes me by, they count as kills. While this is kind of cool, it doesn't work with a "repel invaders" mission aspect.
This discussion has been closed.