test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Automated defense turrets.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2012 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
I would like to see this item for sale on the C-Store as, I was never given any opportunity to buy the original item because I didn't know Star Trek Online existed until a few months ago. I like the idea of the automated defense turret and would definitely purchase it if I were able to do so. I've been told to post here to get other feedback from people.

Would you guys like to see it on sale?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    the point defense console from the thunderchild ship in the c-store does the same thing. the ship costs 800 but you can claim,dismiss,claim the ship enough to put this console on every one of your ships.
    edited April 2012
    Interesting point and thought :) Thanks a lot
    edited April 2012
    nottinfoil wrote:
    Interesting point and thought :) Thanks a lot

It does not do the same thing at all. Take it from someone who has both and has been around the block since BETA. The Deluxe Edition Automated Defense Turret is a plasma turret. It fires automatically at all objects but puts a priority on destructible incoming projectiles.

The Thunder-child turret is a Phaser Turret that is useable, but with a 3 minute cool-down. It shoots at everything within its range and can dish out some decent DPS against smaller vessels.

In my opinion, neither one of these turrets are overpowered or overall extremely useful. I have found that the Automated Defense Turret from the Deluxe Edition has saved my butt a good many times against Romulan High Yield Plasma Torpedo’s during PVE. Otherwise, it is not worth taking up a tactical console other than having a bit of fun.
    edited April 2012
    I'd still like to have that capability though. It may not be particularly great to you, but I'd like to be able to find out whether it works for me or not and so the ADT should be available.
    edited April 2012
    Teleon wrote: »
    I have found that the Automated Defense Turret from the Deluxe Edition has saved my butt a good many times against Romulan High Yield Plasma Torpedo’s during PVE. Otherwise, it is not worth taking up a tactical console other than having a bit of fun.

Did you play pve lately? Elite or normal? It didn't save my butt against invisble plasma toprpedoes from borg Tac Cube in Elite STF. And in normal STF I have no idea if it did something useful because I didn't notice anything between have it or not in normal STF.
    Point Defense System helped me a lot in KASE. Because it can shot 4 probes at the same time. It's helpful when suddenly probes come by 4 and your teammates are coming to give support.
    edited April 2012
    feistyfawn wrote: »
    Did you play pve lately? Elite or normal? It didn't save my butt against invisble plasma toprpedoes from borg Tac Cube in Elite STF. And in normal STF I have no idea if it did something useful because I didn't notice anything between have it or not in normal STF.
    Point Defense System helped me a lot in KASE. Because it can shot 4 probes at the same time. It's helpful when suddenly probes come by 4 and your teammates are coming to give support.

I would never use either of them in the STF PVE. Although, the thunderchild one is good verses probes. :cool:
    edited April 2012
    I'd still like the option to find out for myself though. I think it would be useful to the way I play and it would be useful to have an extra weapon on board. So far I haven't found any other useful tactical consoles, other than the one that increases my phaser power somewhat.
    edited April 2012
    nottinfoil wrote:
    I'd still like the option to find out for myself though. I think it would be useful to the way I play and it would be useful to have an extra weapon on board. So far I haven't found any other useful tactical consoles, other than the one that increases my phaser power somewhat.

The passive consistant increase to damage type X or Y is way better in any fight than the temporary damage inflicted by the console stuff. FYI.

But yes, it is fun to toy with options! :p
    edited April 2012
    Heck yes :D Which is why I want to put as many weapons on my ships as possible. When I fire at the enemy, I want the side of my ships to light up like a Christmas tree.
    edited May 2012
    Hey bumping this thread.

I like the thunderchild auto defense turret, but it's cooldown time is far too long compared to it's useage time. I recommend either increasing the usage time for a while or bring back the Automated defense turret. I had a case where I was attacking some Romulans and about 7 ships were firing torpedos at me from close range. I didn't have time to stop them all and so I got hit by like 4 of them.

So yeah, any cryptic guys watching this... Please bring out Automated defense turret in c-store please.
  • xiquatlexiquatle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The ADT is designed to be a low level boost and replaced later. I loved it but have not needed it in a year.

The advantage is it does 45 plasma damage regardless of level. That will blow up all types of things at low level but useless at high level.
    Starting out in a noob ship with an extra 360 turret that has 100% accurate is great and it fits on small craft no recharge time and no power drain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool: You lose!
  • bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited December 2012
    I'm VA and have been for some time, and I still use the ADT. I find it really helpful for incoming plasma torpedoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]