test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D.Stahl Listened and reacted; im really impress.

Comments

• Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    perhaps Zen would go up if there was actually something to spend it on..

i have every single ship i want, every bundle, every uniform on FED side i wanted.

i can imagine some new haristyles, uniforms and off-duty stuff for KDF (orions, aliens, ... new ships for KDF... etc would help a bit..

another thing i've been saying a DAY after the update - Fleet Marks, Romulan Marks.. both are TOO RARE.

sinking the dill. requirements on the reputation projects by at least a half (together with the completion time) is a necessity too.. or perhaps open more slots. IDK.

10k Dill for a CONSUMABLE??? lol
  • Options
    pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You don't get how it works. Of course PWE aren't involved in the design process. They are however, involved in giving Cryptic this directive:

"Make players grind until their eyes bleed or make them pay through the urethra. We don't care how you milk them dry, just make sure that milking them dry until their nipples petrify and fall off is your only goal. Don't deviate from this goal unless you'd rather be on the bread line."

I don't believe it's even that specific. I think PWE is more of a "Profit! Make it bigger!".

I'd be surprised if anyone involved in that decision even knows what STO is. After all, STO is one many little games from one of the many little studios PWE own. The only thing they want to hear from Cryptic is "Yes, we made more profit" or "No, we couldn't make more profit".
    (Then they analyze the numbers in relation to the market in general and say either "Good!" or "It's OK" or "Someone must be fired" or "this game must be shut down".)

They're not interrested in excuses, and they sure won't tell the management in Cryptic how they should do their job. At most, they'll give directions as to wich business model should be implemented. Making it succeed is entirely Cryptics responsibility. If PWE got involved in the development of the game, they would no longer be able to hold the Cryptic management responsible for the results.

Results. The motivation. The Why behind the What. The reson why the changes are reverted. When finally Cryptic understood it's not just about making each player leave as much money as possible, the formula is actually (Numberofplayers*Zenboughtperplayer=Profit).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not my problem anymore.

after that last fiasco, i uninstalled it and moved on. Waste of time. So has about 42 other folks I know. 27 more have walked away from the game and may check back in about 30 days.

me? nope...
    • poor management
    • mistrust of client base
    • unprofessionalism by staff
    • disregard of client advice, which in the end they turned back too after they see a major drop in the dilithium price of the in Game Zen, and drop in those logging into the game.

They had a good thing, but folks, lets face it. They are completely clueless and Dan stated it himself. The average lifespan of a STO subscriber is only 38 days. This shows a HUGE turn over rate...

They are, and always will attempt to get the most money out of that group vs ever truly caring for the overall economy of the game they have created. Why? they do not play it, its very evident they want to do high level management, but how can you manage something when you do not understand how or where that number your looking at really gets there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bludagger wrote: »
    Not my problem anymore.

after that last fiasco, i uninstalled it and moved on. Waste of time. So has about 42 other folks I know. 27 more have walked away from the game and may check back in about 30 days.

I understand that you've uninstalled but I'm not sure if you've moved on. If you had you wouldn't be here in the forums. Moving on is deleting your account and never coming back.

Sounds like you've uninstalled so that you feel you've made a statement (which nobody but you can actually see) and now you're waiting for some changes so that you can reinstall and come back.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I understand that you've uninstalled but I'm not sure if you've moved on. If you had you wouldn't be here in the forums. Moving on is deleting your account and never coming back.

Sounds like you've uninstalled so that you feel you've made a statement (which nobody but you can actually see) and now you're waiting for some changes so that you can reinstall and come back.

I understand that you've made a post about this, but I'm not sure what your point was.:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I understand that you've made a post about this, but I'm not sure what your point was.:o

I suppose I'm tired of people rehashing stuff ad nauseum. People wanted change and got a large part of it. Instead of recognising that a compromise was made (something that civilised and rational people arrive at) people are still on about the changes.

People may harp on about the changes in the forums, but PWE is only ever going to make decisions based on their profits. Not the forums, but how many people are spending money and how much of it they're spending.

Yes, they read the forums, but if everyone is complaining on the forum but the same amount of people are spending the same amount of, if not more, money, then they won't change anything. If you people want change, adjust your spending habits and hope others do the same.

Since this so-called mass exodus I've read about in the forums I have to say that I've NOT noticed a drop in the number of people I see. In fact, I see more. Yes, some have shifted location (less at DS9, more at New Romulus) but it appears that Season 7, combined with the compromise they made has struck the balance of progression and player wants/needs that seems to attract existing/new players and give PWE the profit it's seeking.

People, please vote with your wallets/purses and by the times you log on. There's nothing more to say about the changes that haven't been said. We've read it all. So has PWE. If you REALLY feel that there's nothing left then voice your cause in the most applicable manner you can; your spending habits.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,804 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darimund wrote: »
    the trend on these forums is for every 1 person that approves of pwe/cryptic, there's 20 that are less than satisfied. Calculate them metrics, overlord Stahl, and get back to us.

Well said! Dan doesn't seem to be listening now to the hundreds of posts in the "Season 7 Update! More Changes Inbound! Posted Nov 20, 2012" thread pleading to have some thing in this game, especially bugs that have been around for ages and continue to go ignored by Dan and his staff to actually get fixed!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I suppose I'm tired of people rehashing stuff ad nauseum. People wanted change and got a large part of it. Instead of recognising that a compromise was made (something that civilised and rational people arrive at) people are still on about the changes.

People may harp on about the changes in the forums, but PWE is only ever going to make decisions based on their profits. Not the forums, but how many people are spending money and how much of it they're spending.

Yes, they read the forums, but if everyone is complaining on the forum but the same amount of people are spending the same amount of, if not more, money, then they won't change anything. If you people want change, adjust your spending habits and hope others do the same.

Since this so-called mass exodus I've read about in the forums I have to say that I've NOT noticed a drop in the number of people I see. In fact, I see more. Yes, some have shifted location (less at DS9, more at New Romulus) but it appears that Season 7, combined with the compromise they made has struck the balance of progression and player wants/needs that seems to attract existing/new players and give PWE the profit it's seeking.

People, please vote with your wallets/purses and by the times you log on. There's nothing more to say about the changes that haven't been said. We've read it all. So has PWE. If you REALLY feel that there's nothing left then voice your cause in the most applicable manner you can; your spending habits.

Indeed and from what I see all the major chat channels are deserted or severely depleted from Season 6, there is hardly anyone on New Romulus, considering this is a new area I would expect a lot more instances and players than there are. ESD and Qonos are both far less populated than before.

People are spending less, people are playing less, people are refining less (this last point is one that has been self evidently proven).

The problem is the developers lied about a number of things, they destroyed the trust of the playerbase, they produced an update that damaged the games economy system and ruined a number of communities including the STF community and Small to Medium fleet communities.

The changes have not as of yet had any impact on that because they have been tweaks to the systems but not any kind of real attempt to deal with the basic truth that they've got too many systems that have made the game too grindy.

I doubt you see more people playing, you just want to say you see more to back up your line of thinking.

As has already be said here a number of time for every 1 poster on here or on the major chat channels in game that tolerate Season 7, there are at least 10-20 who do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Indeed and from what I see all the major chat channels are deserted or severely depleted from Season 6, there is hardly anyone on New Romulus, considering this is a new area I would expect a lot more instances and players than there are. ESD and Qonos are both far less populated than before.

People are spending less, people are playing less, people are refining less (this last point is one that has been self evidently proven).

The problem is the developers lied about a number of things, they destroyed the trust of the playerbase, they produced an update that damaged the games economy system and ruined a number of communities including the STF community and Small to Medium fleet communities.

The changes have not as of yet had any impact on that because they have been tweaks to the systems but not any kind of real attempt to deal with the basic truth that they've got too many systems that have made the game too grindy.

I doubt you see more people playing, you just want to say you see more to back up your line of thinking.

As has already be said here a number of time for every 1 poster on here or on the major chat channels in game that tolerate Season 7, there are at least 10-20 who do not.

I understand your points, however people must understand that it's human nature to voice your opinion more often when you're not happy. As an example, compare how many rallies people hold when they want change as opposed to when they're happy with the status quo. I've Never seen people rallying that they're happy.

Person on megaphone - "What do we want?"

Crowd - "Status quo!!"

Person on megaphone - "When do we want it?"

Crowd - "It's already happening!!"

Still, back to my original point, don't you think that everything that can be said has been said? If people want change then they need to act, not talk. Refraining from logging on and refraining from spending is what will make PWE change, not more endless chat.

Remember though, if those who are unhappy do stop logging on and spending but PWE is still seeing profitability then you know you're on the minority, regardless of what the forum says!!

As for seeing more or less people, I believe I see more. It's not what I want to see. Quite frankly I don't care how many I see. And in regards to dilithium, I'm still making 8,000 for all my 7 toons on a daily basis.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

As for seeing more or less people, I believe I see more. It's not what I want to see. Quite frankly I don't care how many I see. And in regards to dilithium, I'm still making 8,000 for all my 7 toons on a daily basis.

8,000 on all 7 toons, how long does it take you and what is the EXACT process you use?

With regards to people only voicing their opinion when they are unhappy, that is hogwash. If people genuinely loved Season 7, they would be defending it. They aren't.

The idea that people do not celebrate good things or things that make them happy en masse is a joke.

I'm sure everyone hated the war ending and VE Day was just one big bitchfest.:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure everyone hated the war ending and VE Day was just one big bitchfest.:rolleyes:

That was a celebration of change, of the war ending, not supporting the status quo.
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

My silly opinion.... Stahl has probably seen an increase from new accounts with the advertizing campaign and folks returning to check out S7

but, i bet the "daily" player base who have their time invested over months/years has decreased their activity. Their (PWE) data probably supports the above and the resulting panic patch released before Thanksgiving.

"Let them eat cake......"
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    That was a celebration of change, of the war ending, not supporting the status quo.

It was a celebration of returning to normality, to the way things were, to peace.
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    My silly opinion.... Stahl has probably seen an increase from new accounts with the advertizing campaign and folks returning to check out S7

but, i bet the "daily" player base who have their time invested over months/years has decreased their activity. Their (PWE) data probably supports the above and the resulting panic patch released before Thanksgiving.

Indeed, he also admitted that the average user account only stays active for 38 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It was a celebration of returning to normality, to the way things were, to peace.

Returning to normality is still a change.

I've worked in enough industries to see that people are more likely to send in negative feedback. I've even worked in a job where not one single person in my department received positive feedback for the entire 8 years I worked there. Granted I was a governmental fraud investigator and sending people large bills with court dates attached, but I'm sure you can see my point.

People write when they're not happy and people don't like change. Two facts of life.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Returning to normality is still a change.

I've worked in enough industries to see that people are more likely to send in negative feedback. I've even worked in a job where not one single person in my department received positive feedback for the entire 8 years I worked there. Granted I was a governmental fraud investigator and sending people large bills with court dates attached, but I'm sure you can see my point.

People write when they're not happy and people don't like change. Two facts of life.

You obviously haven't worked in enough industries at all.

I used to work in the finance industry and believe me people not only send you letters but gifts and all kinds of praise if you offer great customer care, I still have a folder full of letters from people.

In my current business I get glowing reviews and testimonials all the time and it's in the IT industry.

If you do a good job people will not only praise you, they will tell their friends, that's how I built my business, reputation.

That's also how a lot of businesses fail by losing that reputation.

That is not only a fact of life but a fact of business... so no you're wrong, people complain yes, but people also praise when you do something right. Your rather absolutist view is simply wrong.

If Cryptic had done a good job on this I would not only have been singing their praises in game or on the this forum I'd be telling my friends top come and try the game out. One of my friends recently asked me about the game I bluntly said to him, 'don't bother'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You obviously haven't worked in enough industries at all.

I used to work in the finance industry and believe me people not only send you letters but gifts and all kinds of praise if you offer great customer care, I still have a folder full of letters from people.

In my current business I get glowing reviews and testimonials all the time and it's in the IT industry.

If you do a good job people will not only praise you, they will tell their friends, that's how I built my business, reputation.

That's also how a lot of businesses fail by losing that reputation.

That is not only a fact of life but a fact of business... so no you're wrong, people complain yes, but people also praise when you do something right. Your rather absolutist view is simply wrong.

If Cryptic had done a good job on this I would not only have been singing their praises in game or on the this forum I'd be telling my friends top come and try the game out. One of my friend recently asked me about the game I bluntly said to him, 'don't bother'.

You can have you opinion and I'll have mine. I'm over all this negativity. Time to make my daily dilithium and then go play Halo 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

nope. one should never guess. A friend of mine told me of the post here and I came to read the fanboi thing, gave me a good laugh. how odd you think you know me.

You do not, so please do not present false statements further by guessing.

I been around for since 2008. A lot of my comrades left over a year ago in the 10 month content drought. I hung on with some others, just this last thing, yeah, straw that broke the camel back.

Who knows what the future will bring, maybe friends will convince me to return one day. Just tired of the poor way this game is run. They believe in creating hardship to those who go out of their way to help. Me, i just stop caring. *shrug* make of it what you will.

Be well all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You can have you opinion and I'll have mine. I'm over all this negativity. Time to make my daily dilithium and then go play Halo 4.

You've still not explained how you make all this dilithium on 7 characters each day, nor how long it takes you...

Also this final line says it all "I'm off to make my daily dilithium"

The game has gone from the promise of "seeking out new worlds and new civilizations" to "acquiring dilithium"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012

That just shows you are a smart person neighbor. the core is diminishing.

I attempt to recognize good reasoning when I read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ratio of dilithium to zen is 114:1 as of this post.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    False. Cryptic made a system that makes people *play the game*. That's their goal because they are a game company.

Wrong. PWE is calling the shots not Cryptic and the goal of any company is not to make people "play the game", but to make money. As much of it as possible. By any means.
    They are not keeping people poor. That is a perception. If anything they admitted to trying to make Dilithium earning a level playing field for everyone - from farmers to casual players - to make and earn the same amount between each other.

A level playing field does not result in all parties getting the same returns. Rather, a level playing field means that everyone gets returns equal to their input of time and skill. That necessarily means unequal earnings.

What you are describing is an uneven playing field.
    No one *has* to spend real money on the game.

No one has to play the game, either. Silly argument is silly.

You are making a point of turning reality on its head. PWE's goal is to drain players of Dil through outrageous costs for everything and force them to buy Zpoints with $$$. If you doubt this is working exactly as intended then go look at the Dil exchange and watch the yield of Dil plummet as Dil is sucked out for projects and Zpoints are pumped in from fewer and fewer players spending more and more $$$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012

This exactly. And your analogy is very clever and right on.

No more bread-and-butter gear for the masses, game is for cake-eating Zpoint buyers only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    ratio of dilithium to zen is 114:1 as of this post.

I play the game because I'm a jobless loser with no life. 114:1 is great for me because I alone don't have to buy Zen, and I have the time and intelligence to farm Dil effectively to buy huge amounts of Zen on the cheap.

Now, obviously, I don't like being a jobless loser with no life. I'm trying to change that. And I don't like the idea of an MMO designed for jobless losers and people whose idea of fun is putting down $$$ for Zpoints.

Which is why although the status quo works well for me, and gives me a reason to log in, all things considered I'd prefer a more well-balanced MMO, which would be more fun anyway. Call me the Warren Buffet of STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    Wrong. PWE is calling the shots not Cryptic and the goal of any company is not to make people "play the game", but to make money. As much of it as possible. By any means.

I must admit, upon consideration, that is the bottom line.

A level playing field does not result in all parties getting the same returns. Rather, a level playing field means that everyone gets returns equal to their input of time and skill. That necessarily means unequal earnings.

What you are describing is an uneven playing field.

My response was someone blaming Cryptic for their feeling "poor" with Dilithium. I contend that is a perception of the player versus reality. The system IS a level playing field because it is the same for everyone; it's the same set of rules that both casual players and farmers use. I agree with you that more input in time and skill will garner more earnings ... but the rules are the same for everyone. That's a level playing field.
    No one has to play the game, either. Silly argument is silly

Kept in context, it's not silly. The poster I mentioned above blamed the game to force people to spend money to get Zen in order to get Dilithium. Although players *can* do this, they don't have to - that's a matter of choice. The game, or company, can't force anyone to spend money. Again, you are right, they can't force anyone to play the game either ... which is obvious.
    You are making a point of turning reality on its head. PWE's goal is to drain players of Dil through outrageous costs for everything and force them to buy Zpoints with $$$. If you doubt this is working exactly as intended then go look at the Dil exchange and watch the yield of Dil plummet as Dil is sucked out for projects and Zpoints are pumped in from fewer and fewer players spending more and more $$$.

The reality is it is just a game. People are buying code. They are also buying enjoyment, satisfaction and a mean to play by the rules of the game. But again, players are not forced to do anything (like playing the game), that's a choice they make based on a perception.

If a person doesn't want to spend money because they feel coerced in some way, then they must choose not to do it. If they spend money because of that perception (feeling coerced), then the real fault is not with the game or company.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The reality is it is just a game.

This is an effort to write off the faults of the system PWE has implemented for the purpose of selling players a worse deal - more $$$ for less enjoyment.

The fact that the product is just a game does not invalidate how much their decisions about Dil and $$$ are ridiculous any more than if the product in question were any other commodity. What it is, is an effort to bully players into accepting less bang for more buck by trying to argue it doesn't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The reality is it is just a game.

This is a game? Somebody better tell Cryptic/PWE. I thought this was a slave operated Breen Dilithium Mine! :eek:
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't mind doing exploring missions, sending colonists somewhere, reply to distress call, turning over contraband, sending prisoners to labor camps to earn dilithium.
    However, it is understandable that people want to sit somewhere, queue up for STF without handing around in space aka being a space couch potatoes :P
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You've still not explained how you make all this dilithium on 7 characters each day, nor how long it takes you...

I would also like to know this... Not being a dili grinder myself, I have heard that getting to the refine limit takes about 2.2 hours of grinding.

If this holds true, I'm surprised that someone, after spending 15 hours daily grinding dili for 7 toons, still has time to play Halo... :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is an effort to write off the faults of the system PWE has implemented for the purpose of selling players a worse deal - more $$$ for less enjoyment.

The fact that the product is just a game does not invalidate how much their decisions about Dil and $$$ are ridiculous any more than if the product in question were any other commodity. What it is, is an effort to bully players into accepting less bang for more buck by trying to argue it doesn't matter.

Taken out of context, you are right. But I do not believe it's dismissive of the situation, that is a fact. Given that it is just a game, the onus is on the game company to do two things as I understand it all: make profit (thank you for keeping me honest by the way) and at the same time provide an experience players will want to partake in and continue playing.

This thread, among many others, shows that between the two the later is declining because of the attempt to attain the former.

I must be failing to express my opinion: the only thing that forces a player to spend money to play the game is the player's own perception of what they need from the game.

There are plenty of people who don't like various aspect of the game, yet they play anyway. So who is to blame for that decision? Then there are those who stop playing altogether. For them, the game did not *force* them to keep playing. So, to me, it is false that the game forces everyone to spend money in order to play certain parts of the game ... which was the point I was addressing originally.