test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D.Stahl Listened and reacted; im really impress.

yousuckashellyousuckashell Member Posts: 11 Arc User
After all the complaint; all the insatisfaction; i just read a letter from the GUY....

It look Promissing; i sincerely hope that all mentioned change; will be in place for new patch; november 29; i would like to mention the fact that when you take a step back; your reaction time to this crisis was quite good; ive's seen some other MMORPG waited for months before adjusting their vision to conssumer; no actually i will congratulate you .... some will say i sell the skin of the animal before seing the change but hey; i have confidence in the longevity of this game; after all .... you guys have in your hand the biggest franchise ever to be created; the responsability of the legacy of mr.rodenberry is in your hand ....

good job so far ....
Post edited by yousuckashell on

Comments

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After all the complaint; all the insatisfaction; i just read a letter from the GUY....

It look Promissing; i sincerely hope that all mentioned change; will be in place for new patch; november 29; i would like to mention the fact that when you take a step back; your reaction time to this crisis was quite good; ive's seen some other MMORPG waited for months before adjusting their vision to conssumer; no actually i will congratulate you .... some will say i sell the skin of the animal before seing the change but hey; i have confidence in the longevity of this game; after all .... you guys have in your hand the biggest franchise ever to be created; the responsability of the legacy of mr.rodenberry is in your hand ....

good job so far ....

So...what?

He disappointed the people who pay the bills and we should be glad he listened to us?

:rolleyes:
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's disappointing they even tried to squeeze us this hard, just to see if and how much of it we'd accept.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    It's disappointing they even tried to squeeze us this hard, just to see if and how much of it we'd accept.
    Disappointing hardly describes how I feel toward Cryptic (y=a), if it were just one thing it'd be easy to list.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey, give the guy a break, you never know your limits until you push them, he pushed the limit and we pushed back harder, he learned his lesson, give him credit for that if nothing else
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    He hasn't reacted enough.. I sit here on all my toons and watch my dilithium ore fall. I COULD keep it up if I spent every waking hour of every day doing nothing but dilithium missions.

While there may be more dilithium on the whole, it takes more time to visit each of those missions to collect it. I mean, they couldn't even give us 1000 even dilithium on the STFs.. you know what that means? That means, with cooldown timers, that it will take a minimum of 2.25 hours per toon to get your 8K per day.

Now, just how many of you have that kind of time to put into this game? And when you can't, that means some toons deplete their supply of ore after a period of time. Then, when you are completely out of dilthium, then you get to pay 2 times the amount for some reputation store item.. 1 for the unlock and 2 for the item itself..

so you aren't even advancing your projects (especially romulan whose marks are so hard to come by) because you are busy doing dilthium missions to buy the stuff and can't do the mark missions.

Cryptic keeps your poor in game so that you may have to spend RL money to get zen that can be converted to dilithium.. thereby making you poor IRL too.

I absolutely HATE (with a passion) season 7!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You have to remember that Stahl works for PWE. He has to follow what THEY put down.

If he chooses to fight for us, and push them to treat us better... GO D!!! The more HE listens to us, the more PWE hears us. They don't read these boards. Dan and Brandon do. THEY go to PWE for us. They are the ones who get us fair treatment.

Being one of the 'older' players here, and having run my own business, I know how things work. Blame Dan and Brandon all you want.

Just remember that THEY are the ones who go to bat for us.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    Cryptic keeps your poor in game so that you may have to spend RL money to get zen that can be converted to dilithium.. thereby making you poor IRL too.

False. Cryptic made a system that makes people *play the game*. That's their goal because they are a game company.

They are not keeping people poor. That is a perception. If anything they admitted to trying to make Dilithium earning a level playing field for everyone - from farmers to casual players - to make and earn the same amount between each other.

No one *has* to spend real money on the game. Buying Zen is a choice the player makes for their own reasons, but no way can the company force anyone to buy Zen.

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No one *has* to spend real money on the game. Buying Zen is a choice the player makes for their own reasons, but no way can the company force anyone to buy Zen.

It is true that they can encourage players to buy Zen, but until it's legal to fling Taco wrapped bricks through your windows their's nothing they can do to force you. :P :D
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    I do not agree with the way season seven
    Was pushed out without proper testing, the tier
    System is a joke and insult to veteran players

The false statements about how it was to
    Correct peoPle not getting loot drops on elite STF
    Gear, that could have been fixed I'n 1 day I'n
    The old system

However

I will give the man a Bravo and a well done on
    His positive attitude and response to his customers
    Reservations and complaints and his willingness to
    Make adjustments.

You have a golden goose cryptic don't let it go !
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Being a game dev has to be the most grating customer service experience in existence, right up there with running a return counter.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    False. Cryptic made a system that makes people *play the game*. That's their goal because they are a game company.

They are not keeping people poor. That is a perception. If anything they admitted to trying to make Dilithium earning a level playing field for everyone - from farmers to casual players - to make and earn the same amount between each other.

No.
    PWE is a BUSINESS.
    A business' sole purpose is to make money.
    If we stopped buying Zen because we want Klingons to wear bright, polka dot clown shoes that make a honking sound with every step THEN THERE WILL BE A LOT OF HONKING ON QO'NOS in the next patch.
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    No.
    PWE is a BUSINESS.
    If we stopped buying Zen because we want federation to wear bright, polka dot clown shoes that make a honking sound with every step THEN THERE WILL BE A LOT OF HONKING ON ESD in the next patch.

sorry had to fix that for ya there ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    No.
    PWE is a BUSINESS.
    If we stopped buying Zen because we want federation to wear bright, polka dot clown shoes that make a honking sound with every step THEN THERE WILL BE A LOT OF HONKING ON ESD in the next patch.
    daan2006 wrote: »
    sorry had to fix that for ya there ;)

I stand corrected.
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No.
    PWE is a BUSINESS.
    If we stopped buying Zen because we want Klingons to wear bright, polka dot clown shoes that make a honking sound with every step THEN THERE WILL BE A LOT OF HONKING ON QO'NOS in the next patch.

Hey Daan... if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »

something tells me you dont know how the KDF work in this game compared to the federation even the OP of what i fixed knows :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like all change give it time

once you cap starbase and doff and embassy oh and 2 reputation
    it will be fine
    give it a month
    most large fleets are now 4
    won't take long on reputation
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just remember that THEY are the ones who go to bat for us.

Do they? Do we have any evidence for this? Dan worked for Zynga, he could very well be on the same page as PWE as far as exploiting the playerbase goes (which is all Zynga does).
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The problem is........EVERYTHING is broke. Especially after season 7 launched. So much broken stuff I'm running out of super glue. I might need to use dog poo to hold it together until the devs can fix it properly.
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait, Stahl is writing us all letters now? I hope he's got an intern to lick all those stamps...
  • Options
    ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is not enough.

Their stated goal was to "put more dilithium into players' hands", but since the introduction of Season seven, dilithium exchange rates have CRASHED from around 154 dil/zen down to 132 dil/zen. At times it was at 124! dil/zen.

This is called deflation, and a massive one at that, and what that means is that cryptic have achieved the exact opposite of what they wanted to achieve: Players now have a lot LESS dilithium.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ragingloli wrote: »
    It is not enough.

Their stated goal was to "put more dilithium into players' hands", but since the introduction of Season seven, dilithium exchange rates have CRASHED from around 154 dil/zen down to 132 dil/zen. At times it was at 124! dil/zen.

This is called deflation, and a massive one at that, and what that means is that cryptic have achieved the exact opposite of what they wanted to achieve: Players now have a lot LESS dilithium.

^^this

Which goes to the point I tried to make earlier but fell on deaf ears.. we are being "pushed" towards buying more zen because we are poor in game. Whether we choose to buckle down and buy Zen is a completely different story, but we are definitely being "herded" towards that direction.

The math and proof that this is occuring??

supply and demand.. when there isn't a demand for buying/selling zen, the price drops. It is dropping because people are not making enough dilithium to be able to dump into the dilithium exchange because their personal dilithium expenses are taking priority. It is now down to 132 dilithium/zen.

it is true that it is christmas time in the US, so perhaps people are not buying zen with real life dollars and this is affecting the dilithium exchange. However, I also think that it would plummet even further even if it wasn't christmas time because everyone's dilithium stockpiles are dwindling down to nothing given things like having to buy an unlock for a reputation item (15K dilithium) just to turn around and spend more dilithium for the item itself.

I think it is going to get much worse as people's stockpiles and savings of dilithium are depleted. Remember, everyone cashed in before S7 hit (based upon the general communities' advice) and once that stockpile is gone, prices on the dilithium exchange will plummet.

• Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is not enough.

Not quite true, there may be more dilithium in the system now, but with all the extra sinks, people are hoarding and waiting. I am, and I am waiting to find out what they are going to fix and what they are not, as I may need it all for doff reassignments or I may need it all for sts rewards. I do not get enough dilithium to spend it on all three.

Till the dust has settled, and their profits are back up (zen sales can not go on forever) no one really knows what is going to happen next. At least they are listening, if only to the balance sheets.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Update: as of the time of this post, the cost of Zen is 126 dilithium so it has gone down by 6 dilithium in the last 4 hours. All time low???

• Options
    edited November 2012
    now down to 123

• Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My penneth worth.

Yes Cryptic/ PW is a business. However their business model is to entertain people. S7 and changes no longer entertain.

The grind is a total chore. I dont have the time to spend grinding for D. Fleet marks for my fleet and Rep marks. Instead of making me more team/ fleet based the changes have made me more mercenary. I press need on every drop for EC to feed the rep system I have little fleet marks any more because I dont have the time to get them. Ive abandoned three of my 6 toons because i dont have the time to look after them all.

The loss of purple rare drops from stf's. The D costs for doffs. My own time constraints. Etc. Thats not entertaining. Thats work. I play this game to get away from the slog of work.

Ever since f2p went live ive spent real money on this game because i loved it.

Armitage. Defiant retro. BOP retro. Regent. Thunderchild. Galaxy X. Plus more bank space. Clothing. More toon boff ship spaces.

This ends with Vesta. I will only spend more money when this game entertains again. Until then... I will stay as a casual player. I will spend not one more penny. S7 is not worth it.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    ^^this

it is true that it is christmas time in the US, so perhaps people are not buying zen with real life dollars and this is affecting the dilithium exchange.

Confirming it's Christmas time in other parts of the world too :)

As someone who actively plays 4 characters my net dilithium intake has dropped significantly due to me having to spend more time doing other things (OM's, RM's, FM's - these eat a significant portion of my time now) and less time making Dilithium. I am not able to earn as much Dilithium as before as i've been forced to spread my time, therefore I have less discretionary dilithium available to drop into the Dilthium market.

Yes there are more sources available, but if I'm off grinding for FM's because the officer daily was changed (not going to spend 45m+ on missions that could either flip to not included for the dailies, or stall due to a bug) I no longer have the time to utilise these sources. Lets face it, the Officer dailies were used by a huge portion of the player base and were proping up the market. Increasing Dilithium sources has not offset this loss and we are seeing this with the prices on the exchange.

Fix the fleet mark sources (including the bugged Gorn minefield) and i'll make more dilithum and help prop up the market for you Mr S. Revert the Fleet actions to 1440 and i'll help prop up the market for you.

So if the goal was to put more dilithium into player hands...it hasn't worked.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium to Zen is now at a ratio of 122:1

Down another point....

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012

(snip)

good job so far ....

Do you work for PWE , or a company employed by PWE ?
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the trend on these forums is for every 1 person that approves of pwe/cryptic, there's 20 that are less than satisfied. Calculate them metrics, overlord Stahl, and get back to us.
  • Options
    pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    (..)
    good job so far ....

So all those changes...
    ...the ones we cried loudly about when we learned of them...
    ...the ones we said would break STO after we got the specs...
    ...the ones we said they'd be idiots to implement, when we tested it on tribble...
    ...the ones that they lied (poorly) about their intentions of...
    ...the ones anyone with half a mind could see was a disaster coming..
    ...that they pushed to live anyway?

Yes, good job reverting it, after seeing half the playerbase suddenly stop playing... GG
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Hey, give the guy a break, you never know your limits until you push them, he pushed the limit and we pushed back harder, he learned his lesson, give him credit for that if nothing else
    Only if you give him credit for scaring away a huge chunk of the playerbase and turning another huge chunk of the playerbase hostile, as the only actual result of this 'experiment'...
    You have to remember that Stahl works for PWE. He has to follow what THEY put down.

If he chooses to fight for us, and push them to treat us better... GO D!!! The more HE listens to us, the more PWE hears us. They don't read these boards. Dan and Brandon do. THEY go to PWE for us. They are the ones who get us fair treatment.
    Completely false! PWE is not involved on that level: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6707881&postcount=50

^^this. LESS dili, not more. And I refuse to believe that the devs were not able to see this coming, as pretty much everyone on the forum could see it a mile away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]