test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boldly they Rode - Black Ops - Hatch to Promenade wont open

falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is not an error on my part. I've played this quest 3 times on 2 different characters. 2 out of 3 times you go through all the tedious time wasting EV suit jumping and puzzle solving and get to the final hatch to the promenade, you disable the security panel and the hatch DOES NOT GLOW and you cannot enter it.

Please PLEASE take a look at this. it would be forgivable if this part of the quest didn't require doing ALL the grunt work ev suit lame puzzle solving busywork over and over again just to see if the stupid hatch will glow like it's supposed to.

Seriously just play test this quest a few times and you'll reproduce the bug there's nothing special about it!

Grr.
Post edited by falkor2010 on

Comments

• chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    falkor2010 wrote: »
    This is not an error on my part. I've played this quest 3 times on 2 different characters. 2 out of 3 times you go through all the tedious time wasting EV suit jumping and puzzle solving and get to the final hatch to the promenade, you disable the security panel and the hatch DOES NOT GLOW and you cannot enter it.

Please PLEASE take a look at this. it would be forgivable if this part of the quest didn't require doing ALL the grunt work ev suit lame puzzle solving busywork over and over again just to see if the stupid hatch will glow like it's supposed to.

Seriously just play test this quest a few times and you'll reproduce the bug there's nothing special about it!

Grr.

same problem here, they better fix thius before the episode replay event lolo
  • garvy2012garvy2012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having the same problem with this, the hatch won't open! Gutted I haven't had to drop a main mission yet but now I have to!
  • rhazael1984rhazael1984 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    exact same problem, also having the problem the other ppl had on the second wave mission where the promenade can''t be loaded, on top of that, the first undine mission can''t be completed either, the borg as well as the undine suddenly become immortal....

I had played the missions on my engineer just pre S7 :(
  • falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've found you dont have to drop the mission. But you do have to beam out to your ship and give up all your EV suit / Black Ops progress then start the Black Ops portion over from the beginning. Still takes a lot of time but better than totally dropping the quest.
  • whitemaggot1whitemaggot1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it did not work the first time for me, but it did work the 2nd time. Now i have replayed the mission about 5 time and the hatch wont glow and i can't complete the mission.

Confirmed need's fixing.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    same problem here, they better fix thius before the episode replay event lolo

Lol why? The 2800 series was buggy as hell when it went live week by week and was by far the most buggy of all the featured series. So it would just be like old times for none of it to work properly.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Regardless of whether it was buggy when it went live, or not, there is no reason that it should still be buggy. Cryptic should fix it, and all the other screwed up missions but, of course, there is no monetary gain in that so I guess we, the players, take a back seat to the mighty dollar.

Cryptic -- read this and all the other bug reports and fix the damned mission(s) so that your players, the people who help to keep you gainfully employed, will continue to do so.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I did it today and almost threw my computer out of the window when after the 4th time it did not work for me either ... and then i had an idea: why not use the standard EV suit given to you at the start of the mission instead of my First Contact or Tholian Crystal EV suit?

And ... it worked like a charm. Strange things happen at STO ... :D

But I still could not get myself to replay the 2800 missions for the complete Jem'Hadar gear ... starting with Second Wave, there were so many bugs I can't even begin to list.
  • rsciwrsciw Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    frakr wrote: »
    and then i had an idea: why not use the standard EV suit given to you at the start of the mission instead of my First Contact or Tholian Crystal EV suit?

And ... it worked like a charm. Strange things happen at STO ... :D

After my first attempt failed for the same reasons, hatch not lighting up, I saw your post and tried it, but that failed for me too :(

Not going to do it a third time, guess I'll have to wait for a fix, same with the Second Wave problem... meh :|
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    great, so i cant progress in the game now cause of a stupid bug? i been trying for the last 4 hrs to get past this.

correction, i thought i would try the above post, use the ev suit i got from the mining asteroid, it worked.....thankfully......but for how long?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • thewhisperedthewhispered Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I too have this bug. Hey wouldn't you know something new a bug in STO wow who would have thought. I had to replay twice before it worked, lucky I only needed the last piece of the set it gave you [for the life of me cannot remember what piece set it gave]. At first I though I was doing something wrong, so I went back and did it again and it still didn't work then 3rd time was a charm as they say.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heh, my first play thru I jumped thru the blasted hole in the ceiling to the premenade thinking it must be the way thru. After killing off all the guys on the upper level I jump over the rail to the lower deck and kill them guys too.

Problem was the mission couldn't be completed.
    :confused:

...Then I learned of that stupid (semi-hidden) hatch.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, what I ended up doing was, when I got to the non-sparkling Hatch to the Promenade I beamed back to my ship (the Vorta's ship) and exited the airlock again. It sets you right back at the beginning and you have to go all the way through it again, but the hatch was there this time.

Only, don't drop the mission, just beam back and re-exit airlock if the Promenade hatch is glitching.

Hope this works for others. Good luck
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • adz21cadz21c Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, what I ended up doing was, when I got to the non-sparkling Hatch to the Promenade I beamed back to my ship (the Vorta's ship) and exited the airlock again. It sets you right back at the beginning and you have to go all the way through it again, but the hatch was there this time.

Only, don't drop the mission, just beam back and re-exit airlock if the Promenade hatch is glitching.

Hope this works for others. Good luck

This works for me too, and consistently.

However, you can save yourself some more effort by beaming out at the start of black ops. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but when the hatch doesn't open the "Black Ops" text in the mission objectives window is red, as if the objective has failed. I noticed it is red as soon as you start Black Ops. If you beam out and "Continue: Black Ops" (as described above) as soon as you first exit the airlock the "Black Ops" text goes from red to gold and I have found the hatch opens every time. This saves doing black ops twice.
  • falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    adz21c wrote: »
    This works for me too, and consistently.

However, you can save yourself some more effort by beaming out at the start of black ops. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but when the hatch doesn't open the "Black Ops" text in the mission objectives window is red, as if the objective has failed. I noticed it is red as soon as you start Black Ops. If you beam out and "Continue: Black Ops" (as described above) as soon as you first exit the airlock the "Black Ops" text goes from red to gold and I have found the hatch opens every time. This saves doing black ops twice.

Nice catch. I will look out for this next time I try the mission on my 4th character. Cryptic please do fix these missions. Our time is valuable, some people only have an hour to play and to spend it banging your head against the wall cause a mission won't progress isn't good for business and retaining that player.