Options

Reality Check for the STO PvPer

2»

Comments

• Options
    keisyeakeisyea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    Too much invested time wise to leave it.
    Love the way STO is right now.
    I believe what the devs are promising will happen.
    No other alternate out there.
    Most enjoyable game out there.
    Friends in game.

And as Soph said, sure it could be better but so could any game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In a couple of years you will have star citizen. Least you can pick up sto pretty cheap on eBay and steam. ;)
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Believe it or not, I pvp in STO because I really enjoy it. Even with all of its faults, it's the most enjoyable pvp game I've played since StarCraft: BroodWar, and that's saying a lot considering that game was pretty much perfect. This game may be far from perfect, but it's still super fun! :D
  • Options
    joestylesjoestyles Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I pvp in STO because I really enjoy it. Even with all of its faults, it's the most enjoyable pvp game I've played since StarCraft: BroodWar, and that's saying a lot considering that game was pretty much perfect. This game may be far from perfect, but it's still super fun! :D

Honestly, that game may look pretty, but it certainly doesn't look like it's going very far with the pricing levels they have now. If I'm spending $10 a month it better not take me more than 10 months of casual play to earn what the dude that paid 100 up front got day 1. That is the major problem with STO. This whole P2W thing doesn't work for increasing the number of customers.

There were easily twice the number of players when I left just after Season 1 came out two years ago. There's a reason why, and it isn't just because of the bugs in the game. If they listened to some of the veterans, their income would increase.
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    What makes you stay in STO for pvp?

Possible answers:
    Too much invested financially in it to leave. Certainly true.
    Too much invested time wise to leave it. Yep, totally.
    Love the way STO is right now. No, but as i havent had to grind a SINGLE time since S7 came out in order to have enough marks to be half way through both Rep Systems, it could be much worse.
    I believe what the devs are promising will happen. I don't think anyones that daft.
    No other alternate out there. I think you, MT, Mav & Co have made it all too clear on choice.
    PvP is only 1 part of the game I enjoy. PVP is the only thing in STO that excites me, but i enjoy the new PVE missions, i enjoy the old ones, and i enjoy doing them with friends and fleetmates.
    Most enjoyable game out there. No, its not for me. But its a love/hate relationship.
    Friends in game. All the way. Lake a any social connection was why i got bored and went to other games in 2010, friendships are what keep me here now.

/10charrrrrrrrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Friends and Time, my motivation to pew is at an all time low, even when i m in game.

I came here for the IP and the mix of IP and friendships is what keeps me here, to a certain extend.

I have zero trust in Crytpic to improve PvP without them firing and hiring a number of people pretty high up in chain. Their records are abysmal....it won't happen.

At this point in time, hearing Cryptic representatives talk about anything PvP related, is simply infuriating. Never thought i could feel that way about a company and its staff.

• Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joestyles wrote: »
    I came back for the PvP only to find out that the new owners have butchered it...

:rolleyes:

To be fair, it's the same people that have been butchering it all along.
  • Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know why naz is still in this game

|
    |
    |
    V

****ˏˍˍˍˍˍ,^.,
    **c-(___,/˘
    ***,/***\,

He misses the Ponycor!!!!
  • Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    havam wrote: »
    Friends and Time, my motivation to pew is at an all time low, even when i m in game.

I came here for the IP and the mix of IP and friendships is what keeps me here, to a certain extend.

I have zero trust in Crytpic to improve PvP without them firing and hiring a number of people pretty high up in chain. Their records are abysmal....it won't happen.

At this point in time, hearing Cryptic representatives talk about anything PvP related, is simply infuriating. Never thought i could feel that way about a company and its staff.

Seriously I have no idea why people are still optimistic about a possible bright star in the future of this game related to PvP, as seeing how they actually act on the latest game breaking exploit that has been taking place in the game which affects PvP'ers the most, its not really a sign of Cryptic finally changing the tide and finally do something.

Like any other decent MMO would have brought out a hotfix the next day, it takes weeks if not months to fix it here, if ever. (Double shield exploit +1 year anyone?)

****ˏˍˍˍˍˍ,^.,
    **c-(___,/˘ Says No.
    ***,/***\,
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012

****ˏˍˍˍˍˍ,^.,
    **c-(___,/˘
    ***,/***\,

He misses the Ponycor!!!!

Are you sure that is a pony? Looks more like purple dog.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When it is fun, it is really fun.