What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Wallpaper Available

2»

Comments

• mwgacy1mwgacy1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Oh , and of course, the whole she doesn't look where she fires thing.

There's much, much, much worse in RL, and those guys are carrying AK's. I mean, even the guy in the wedding dress isn't looking where he's pointing his weapon and it's his party....

AfricanInfantrymanoftheYear2.jpg

Bad taste I know but I find this picture hilarious.
  • endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will pay $20 to anyone who photoshops this phaser ***** out of the wallpaper and adds in a spectacular fly-by of the new Vesta ship and perhaps an artistic rendition of what the new 'Ambassador' ship may look like. Post it to the forums along with your paypal info and you'll receive the money shortly thereafter, now GO!

STO = all about the ships.

PWE, you can take your space elves and shove em back into Gre'thor!
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To all those who hate this kind of fanservice.

You do realize Gene would have loved this wallpaper?:D
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

Get that made in a wallpaper, it will be far better than T'Bossom on the front page.

And btw, shower would imply showing some skin, fighting is usually about the opposite. As well as it is about making an effort to win (as in: not looking haplessly around, not trying to fly,...).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • stovaliasstovalias Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think that's what really bugs me, it doesn't match the game.
    Considering what I see the majority of female characters wearing, I would have to say that it is actually very close to the game...

Whether that is good or bad is another question. ;)

Artistically, I really like the picture. I will have to agree that it is obviously fanservice, however.
    If it would have at least been a human it would still be somewhat easier to justify - but making her a Vulcan just for the "sexy elf girl" cliche really tops it off, and the "I don't need to look where I'm shooting!" pose does not help to dispell the impression of objectification either.

We can probably be fortunate (or not, depending on who you are) that we do not see her panties below the skirt. :P

I certainly have nothing against Rule #34 per se, but it feels a bit strange to see it embraced so openly and officially - at least for this franchise and the progressive values it used to convey.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012

Yeah that was used as the front cover for the Series One DVD wasn't it.... Oh no it wasn't;)
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What Uniform is this? Looks like a collarless version of the Fleet one.
    What is that main colour on the ingame Pallette, anyone know?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It's time to play: Star Trek or TRIBBLE? :P:D

Seriously, that scene made me throw up a little in the mouth.

||||||| ............................................................................. |||||||||
    vvvvvv AND LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE IN MY SIGNATURE! vvvvvvvv

As for the art, bad foreshortening is bad, and the artist should feel bad.