test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus rep projects timer back to 40 hours?

lucentbleedlucentbleed Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just started 2 projects on the New Romulus side and both timers are counting down from 1d 16hours. I thought 20 hour is the new timer now. Are we back to 40?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just started 2 projects on the New Romulus side and both timers are counting down from 1d 16hours. I thought 20 hour is the new timer now. Are we back to 40?

I too have this problem. I just tonight unlocked tier2 and claimed my tier2 bonuses. I started up the rep grinding missions again, and they're at 1d16h again...
  • xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not all the changes posted by dastahl have been implemented yet. he stated that some of the changes were going to be in this week's patch but all of them should be online by next week.
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, but the shortened reputation timers were implemented last patch. What I'm wondering is, were 20 hour timers only for tiers 0/1 or is there a bug where tier 2 and up have 40 hour timers?
  • xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patch notes said only for tier 1 and 2. so tiers 3, 4 and 5 have yet to be addressed.
  • vayranovayrano Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Reached T2 in Omega today and saw projects with the old times of 40 hours. Not the new reduced 20 hours as it was claimed in the patch notes.

Thinking of not starting them until it is fixed in the next patch.
  • lucentbleedlucentbleed Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just to clarify, here's the quote from authorities: "Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project."
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And according to the Release Notes:
    Omega Reputation Updated:
    Duration of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
    Energy Credit cost of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced to 50% of prior cost.
    Romulan Reputation Updated:
    Renamed from "Romulan Star Empire" to "New Romulus"
    Duration of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
    Energy Credit cost of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced to 50% of prior cost.

So they've only done T1 and T2 so far. T3-T5 will be coming soon.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder if slashing the timer to one second would still be considered too long to wait by some? Think about what a reputation is and how it is supposed to work. It is an amalgamation of what others think of you, based on your actions and character, and the way people perceive and react to the stories told about your actions and character. Perhaps Reputation is not the best word to call this. Fame or Notoriety might have been better choices. It should take some time for this to fully develop rather than occur instantly upon your completion of the deed. Forty hours may be too long. Twenty hours may be too long based upon the current rewards secured by successfully filling all of the Resource slots. I think I'd like to see a variance between how the Klinks and the Feds go about making a Romulan Reputation. I think the Fed side should focus more on nation building tasks and the Klink side should focus more on tasks which a warrior must accomplish.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have this problem with T2 as well. I'm only halfway through T2 and when I started new projects I noticed that the timer was back to 1D 16H...:confused:
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • trekdork1701trekdork1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They changed it back to 40 hours again. You know that is WAY beyond unreasonable. 40 hours is OVER 1 1/2 days. 20 hours was great but I can understand if they thought it was too fast but 40 hours?! who wants to stay on all day just to wait for their projects to start up and then wait another 40 hours? 32 hours would be a bit more reasonable but I really do not feel like waiting forever just to get to tier 5. What I find more unreasonable is the fact that we have to wait ANOTHER 40 hours to complete an item project just to have a single item in the store. Also special items cost way too much on dilithium especially with their little cut back. Now people are stocking up on dilithium for themselves the hard way or have to use RL money to gain dilithium and people barely contribute enough dilithium to fleet projects so those are slowed down. This has become a very irritating game to play and now I am beginning to lose interest in Season 7, as well as the whole game, all together. I was really hopeful about Season 7 before it had come out, but now I cannot stand it.
  • lucentbleedlucentbleed Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder if slashing the timer to one second would still be considered too long to wait by some? ......

The original post appeared in this forum instead of General Discussion was because I suspected it was bug or ill-implemented feature. It had nothing to do with how I personally felt about the amount of time that should be spent on this particular part of game play. And please remember, this IS a game.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Easy there! Steady. My comment wasn't directed at anyone personally. Least of all you.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.