test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The difference between normal and mirror?

redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
It sounds like the mirror variant is supposed to be more of a warship than the normal counterpart, yet the only difference is slightly better shields, a bit more crew and a bit more hull. I would have thought the BO-seating would be different at least, or one more tac console.

Normal: http://www.stowiki.org/Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel

Mirror: http://www.stowiki.org/Mirror_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Post edited by redstarswe on

Comments

• trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually its just a flipped skin, so you get the Luna with Trident seating/stats and vice versa, just like with the first run of cruisers.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually its just a flipped skin, so you get the Luna with Trident seating/stats and vice versa, just like with the first run of cruisers.

Not quite true... The movement stats are slightly diffrent.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited October 2012
    Regardless, PWE missed the boat with "Mirror ships". They should have made them vastly different than the cookie-cutter ones already in-game.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you go by the 'Dark Mirror' novel, they should have higher shields and a lower sensor capability, at least on the mirror Sovereign released last time.

As for the mirror Sci ships, in game, they have the BOff and console layout of their prime-
    universe namesakes, but turnrate and HP of their opposite (I.E. what they look like).
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    redstarswe wrote: »
    It sounds like the mirror variant is supposed to be more of a warship than the normal counterpart, yet the only difference is slightly better shields, a bit more crew and a bit more hull. I would have thought the BO-seating would be different at least, or one more tac console.

Normal: http://www.stowiki.org/Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel

Mirror: http://www.stowiki.org/Mirror_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel

Generally the mirror ships are marginally more combat focused, but especially for the blue quality lockbox stuff I think they are deliberately only marginal upgrades if not side grades at best.

You don't want to force people to choose the mirror ships because they're the best, especially not at an inexpensive tier of 100k ish ships, so they seem like they're really just an excuse to sell you a skin for 100k and some minor choice in how the ship behaves.
  • joemass39joemass39 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sirsri wrote: »
    Generally the mirror ships are marginally more combat focused, but especially for the blue quality lockbox stuff I think they are deliberately only marginal upgrades if not side grades at best.

You don't want to force people to choose the mirror ships because they're the best, especially not at an inexpensive tier of 100k ish ships, so they seem like they're really just an excuse to sell you a skin for 100k and some minor choice in how the ship behaves.

All good points. Maybe at some time in the future they will have mirror ships you pay actual Zen for or are harder to get and have a beefier profile.
  • theorictheoric Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joemass39 wrote: »
    All good points. Maybe at some time in the future they will have mirror ships you pay actual Zen for or are harder to get and have a beefier profile.

Actually there is one ship which is drastically different.
    The wells science timeship and the mirror variant the mobius
    destroyer.