test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Point Defense Modules

nikdangernikdanger Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
Does anyone know if you can equip both a Point Defense Photon Torpedo Module and a Point Defense Phaser Module on an Armitage at the same time? Or are you limited to just one?
Post edited by nikdanger on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can use both at the same time on the armitage...

But the torp only goes on the armitage, and nothing else.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It works very well...

Just remember to use the PDS first to soften enemy shields, then let loose the Torpedoes.
  • Options
    nikdangernikdanger Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks!

Mwah, hah, hah, hah! :D
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you can get your hands on a Subspace Jumper, throw that into the mix for a delightful level of carnage.

I always fly with dual beam-banks in addition to my cannon load... So I pop in behind you, unleash a BO, followed by heavy cannons while the PD turret is running then I cut the torpedoes lose.

My friends have come up with several indecent names for this tactic, most of which would be infraction worthy. :D
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you use the point defense console: shuttle missions cry.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neos472 wrote: »
    you use the point defense console: shuttle missions cry.

haha, yeah cryptic apparently never tested this console if it is equipped on shuttles.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    haha, yeah cryptic apparently never tested this console if it is equipped on shuttles.

Seriously? Wow, I may have to plan a Thunderchild for my next stipend buy...
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously? Wow, I may have to plan a Thunderchild for my next stipend buy...

it is a very good versatile console. it stops heavy projectiles, small crafts, and frigates with ease. it also makes shuttle missions and PVP cry long rivers since it is basically a i need to clear the area around me. it only has a 5KM radius but any of the mentioned things will die pretty quickly if they are in that radius.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A must have console for the Vault Shuttle mission.
  • Options
    djezc#0623 djezc Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i own the HEC i have both point defense on it
  • Options
    sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even though I intend not to purchase anymore Fed vessels until they release a real carrier (4 hangar bays and virtually no weapons) acquiring the Thunderchild and Armitage is very tempting now, especially while they are both reduced by 20%
    :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sirricwin wrote: »
    Even though I intend not to purchase anymore Fed vessels until they release a real carrier (4 hangar bays and virtually no weapons) acquiring the Thunderchild and Armitage is very tempting now, especially while they are both reduced by 20%
    :eek:

2 hangers max is likely all you'll ever see carrier wise. 4 would be sily as you'd basically need all fighters to do any damage....

plus i could see people crying its underpwoered if it has less than 6 weapon slots on it. "but all the other carrier class ships have 6 or 7 weapon slots, you think gaining two hanger bays is worth giving us T2 ship weapon slots?
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I used that combo for Infected and KA space missions respectively...

PDT + Scatter Volley + Attack patterns Alpha and Beta For softening Sphere shields in infected, Then TPDT and Quantum Torp Spread... Full set of Spheres gone in 4 seconds.

And lets not even talk about the probe spawn in KA... Usually never saw anything other than explosions from thoose.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just remember it will aggro EVERYONE within range so if you don't kill them all they will be very very cross with you
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I personally prefer Photons instead of Quantums on my Armitage, as P-Torp consoles affect the TPDS. Same reason I run Phasers on any ship I use regular PDS on.