test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NWS beaten

therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
On stardate 66352.2, the House of Kobayashi, together with two other brave Klingon warriors, finally beat the No-Win Scenario. Afterwards we went to New Romulus and celebrated with our new titles by the waterfall.

http://i.imgur.com/JyfSY.jpg

I'd like to extend my thanks to YetAnotherCaptain, Dukedom, mik1 and especially V_Silverwings. Without Silver's methodical survey of the mission and his constant nagging at the rest of us over the past couple of months, this would never had happened. ;)

And to Gozer I just have one thing to say: UP YOURS! :D
Post edited by therealfluffy on

Comments

• Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ::Hands them all a bunch of apples:::: Wow.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice one :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    mikt1mikt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Log Quote:

[10:03] [System] [CombatAlert] Captain, our enemy's facing shields are down!
    [10:03] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 116 Expertise
    [10:03] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 100 Expertise
    [10:03] [NPC] Holodeck Message: The Civilian Transport has been secured. Ending simulation.
    [10:03] [System] [ItemReceived] You received a new title choice: Kirk's Protege
    [10:03] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] K'Fluffy@transpetaflops does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".
    [10:03] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] Dark Digits@YetAnotherCaptain does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".
    [10:03] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] Neisa@Dukedom does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".
    [10:03] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] Waka@mik1 does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".
    [10:03] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] HaDI'baH tIq@V_Silverwings does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".
    [10:03] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 100 Expertise
    [10:03] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 86 Expertise
    [10:03] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 173 Fleet Marks
  • Options
    avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congratulations :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congratulations! Now tell us how you did it, you slimy Targ-fondlers! I can't get past wave 6!
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I really was hoping to beat it with you guys as part of the First legitimate team, but Season 7 burnt me out so bad that it was just painful to play........

Well, grats nonetheless.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congrats, that's impressive work.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What can I say? I don't believe in a No win Scenario and I wasn't going to give up.

From the moment people started achieving in it (found out later using the foundry) I saw it was time to put a team together with the intention to beat it.

With the help of the realelitenws team, I put together a comprehensive goggledoc charting all the waves, and builds/tactics etc, what was working for us and what wasn't. After finding out about the next wave we prepared for it and beat it to reach the next one until we got stuck at 10. After what felt like several tries, sometimes being so very close, we've finally nailed it, though the fed side we're still falling short on wave 10.

I'd personally like to take the chance to thank not only the other 4 on the team listed above but also the others who contributed on previous runs (sadly they have yet to get the official credit but we'll be running nws again to try and rectify that;

@V_Silverwings (myself, duh)
    @transpetaflops
    @mik1
    @YetAnotherCaptain/@The_Epsilonian
    @Dukedom

@PhyrexianHero
    @Atheonyirh
    @Azurian
    @johntherussian
    @Pinoir
    @Shimmerless
    @The_Tholos
    @Void-VectorX

(think that's everyone apologises if I missed anyone off I double and triple checked).

Without their contributions, efforts and patience (with me especially) none of us would have been able to achieve what the 5 of us have when we did (and ther was competition to see who'd beat it first so the pressure was on).

As for how we beat it we'll share all in the near future when time allows us and I'll see if we can find the time to write a guide for stowiki.

Upon killing all the ships in wave 10 the event just ends like the STFs do, except for the splashing of achievements across the server :P
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/Silverwings100/STO%20public/GameClient2012-11-1921-03-27-23a.jpg

I did fraps the thing but I perma deleted the file by accident and cannot recover the data so I'll have to fraps the next run.

I wonder if Cryptic will honour our achievement:P? Maybe statues in the Great Hall...(just saying ;)).
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Interesting, two people on your list of contributors are on my list of Fleet Action, repeat offender leechers. This must be what the Conscientious Objectors do when they're not TRIBBLE over pugs in Colony Invasion fed-side, etc.

Congrats to the rest of you though.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Holy cow, you got the Waterfall accolade on New Romulus! That's amazing! :eek:

Oh, and yeah, congrats on beating the NWS.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :: clap clap clap ::

Congratulations!
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Awesome!!! Congratulations :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congratz... that's very sweet.

I'd love to see what configuration of ships with what equipment you ran. I'm sure everyone reading this thread is, actually ;)

Great work!
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    towani wrote: »
    [...]
    I'd love to see what configuration of ships with what equipment you ran.[...]

I ran:

Krenn Temporal Destroyer.

Aceton Assimilator, Tipler Cylinder + Mannheim Device, the other temporal set.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    We just sooo nearly beat fed nws vs the Klingons which we weren't prepared for. 4 or so ships remaining all dreadnaught class type but we all died and the bios whooped the transport in no time :(.

Oh well there's always next time:D and @pinoir got his wave 9 accolade.

I was flying a hegta bop though I've got to wave 10 with the bop retrofit and karfi each having their pros and cons and really any one of those ships could have done it.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With cheats and multiple commander level boff abilities (thank you, season 7 and your wonderous shuttles), this is very achievable. Just get a couple of tractor beam repulsors, some high level heals, and enemies who can't SNB and you're done. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    With cheats and multiple commander level boff abilities (thank you, season 7 and your wonderous shuttles), this is very achievable. Just get a couple of tractor beam repulsors, some high level heals, and enemies who can't SNB and you're done. :D

I don't doubt that this current bug had something to do with their success.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Yeah... I'm not going to count this as a victory until they remove the voldemort exploit. (No offence, I know people dont want to reveal their powertray layout, but I cant make up my mind due to it being hidden in the picture).

I apologise for doubting that people can beat it, this bug has me suspecting people of doing bad things though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kirk's protegee? For real do you honestly think Kirk would protegee a klingon? Stay with the plan people Kirk "hates" klings to death :)
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kirk's protegee? For real do you honestly think Kirk would protegee a klingon? Stay with the plan people Kirk "hates" klings to death :)

Kirk hated Klingons.

And Klingons respected Kirk.
    Yeah... I'm not going to count this as a victory until they remove the voldemort exploit. (No offence, I know people dont want to reveal their powertray layout, but I cant make up my mind due to it being hidden in the picture).

I apologise for doubting that people can beat it, this bug has me suspecting people of doing bad things though.

Sorry, but we been getting to Wave 10 for a long time now, same with our competitors, all without any need for cheats.

I know Silver sometimes recorded the Wave 10 attempts, and didn't ask him if he did this time. But if he did, it will reveal if they cheated or not.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Circumstances are indeed unfavorable atm with the existing bugs and past foundry bugs, and tends to throw our efforts into a trivial state. I know some players will whine about it and call us cheaters, just bcs the trend points that way.

Non the less, we are working on the NWS for more than 3 months.
    We have done our homework and we have an extensive documentation on everything that each wave throws @ us.

Up until wave 10 everything is clear to us, and we can get there on both sides in a way for most would look like a walk in the park. We did alot of practice and only documenting wave 10 to the pixel took us more than a month.

We beat it on KDF side, not bcs of some bug, this was a team effort, coordination, months of trial and error, and ofc luck. Also bcs KDF has a special item that feds don't have, improved our chances of success.

We still have to achieve it on FED side, after which we will disclose to the public our full documentation... but until then, we want to be the 1st to beat it on FED side too.

Thank you to all that appreciated our efforts, and to the trolls, for making us popular :)
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, but we been getting to Wave 10 for a long time now, same with our competitors, all without any need for cheats.

I know Silver sometimes recorded the Wave 10 attempts, and didn't ask him if he did this time. But if he did, it will reveal if they cheated or not.

mikt1 wrote: »
    Circumstances are indeed unfavorable atm with the existing bugs and past foundry bugs, and tends to throw our efforts into a trivial state. I know some players will whine about it and call us cheaters, just bcs the trend points that way.

Non the less, we are working on the NWS for more than 3 months.
    We have done our homework and we have an extensive documentation on everything that each wave throws @ us.

Up until wave 10 everything is clear to us, and we can get there on both sides in a way for most would look like a walk in the park. We did alot of practice and only documenting wave 10 to the pixel took us more than a month.

We beat it on KDF side, not bcs of some bug, this was a team effort, coordination, months of trial and error, and ofc luck. Also bcs KDF has a special item that feds don't have, improved our chances of success.

We still have to achieve it on FED side, after which we will disclose to the public our full documentation... but until then, we want to be the 1st to beat it on FED side too.

Thank you to all that appreciated our efforts, and to the trolls, for making us popular :)

Like I said before, no offence to you guys. Either way congrats, it would be cool if the first group of people who beat NWS got a front page mention on the STO website :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Considering we were close to beating 10 on kdf well before season 7 hit holodeck it was only a matter of time before we beat it regardless of what season 7 had planned although we were looking at the new consoles and elite weapons and figuring out how they'd help us.

The biggest problem was the bioneurals killing us and sometimes lack of dps coming out of wave 10 but we came up with an ingenious way of dealing with them and it was a matter of practise, practise, practise removing any chance of slipping up. In this case we did it but that's not any indictation we'll beat it consistently every time.

It's to be expected when we did beat it people would jump to exploits and cheats so it's no surprise but actually when we do publish our methods you'll find that actually nws is beatable without the use of exploits.

Sadly I've lost the fraps showing our attempt because I saved the wrong file (and I've tried several recovery softwares none of which could save such a massive file). I'll be sure to fraps other runs and all going well we can show proof that nws is beatable without exploits. The other option is to wait until Cryptic fix all benefitical bugs and then roll again.
  • Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lets try it on Fed this time, without pay2win consoles, and wait until they fix the voldemort exploit,

Thats a real win. Unless this exploit is gone and pay2win is used, i dont see it as a win, sorry.

A no pay2win console team made fed to wave 10 couple of times, a full team of bots without using p2w consoles got to mid wave 9.

:)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    As for not showing my powertray, even if I did people will say 'oh you must have hidden the extra boffs on another row so I cannot prove our innocence or of anyone else on the team. If we had such a n epic exploit we'd have rocked the fed side in quick succession and I'm sure others would be all over nws like they were with SB24. Rest assured we have legit ways that I could argue achieve the same effect as this boff 'exploit' everyone seems to be talking about and this will be covered in our walkthrough.
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The team I was with had reached 10 Fedside without any "Pay2Win consoles" (not really sure what qualifies here, but from what we could tell the overwhelming majority of toy consoles were mediocre to detrimental anyway). In fact the talk I last heard was that everyone was going to push over Klinkside for the slight advantage and wrap things up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    /genuflects Kirk's Protege's

Congratulations on your team effort. And thanks for sharing it.
    :cool:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lets try it on Fed this time, without pay2win consoles, and wait until they fix the voldemort exploit,

Thats a real win. Unless this exploit is gone and pay2win is used, i dont see it as a win, sorry.

A no pay2win console team made fed to wave 10 couple of times, a full team of bots without using p2w consoles got to mid wave 9.

:)

:D /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    thinking of how Kirk actually beat the test... :D

might be working as intended