test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Special Reputation Mark

bandit2338bandit2338 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
SPECIAL REPUTATION MARK!!!! NEW NEEDED/REQUESTED CONTENT

ok i am writing this in hope to get some responce from cryptic...already wrote my ideas in the german forum but i think here i will get a faster feedback!

ok facts are the projects to get maco XII set are incredible long taking......untill u get that set u have to spend 2 month....on where u are evertime on the perfect time online to start the next one....

where is the skill??? where is my reward for being a good player?
now my suggestion!:

stfs.....should be worth our time again! right now u get some dilithium and marks which are enough for the next 2 projects....so you only have to do another stf after a week....the optional just gives some more marks....thats useless!

skill has to be rewarded again!!!!

so if players reach the optional they should receive a mark! a special reputation mark! with which u can choose where to add 1000 reputation points. after receiving it u click on it and it comes up: omega or romulan if u choose omega, then 1000 reputation points will be added instantly to the fraction! to avoid abuse just add a limit! so u can max use 10 marks per day! so there wont be the case that u can get the full reputation within one day....and also its only a reputation boost.....u still have to development for the projects so u can get that item

u really have to think....for hardcore gamers it still are 2month.....for normal players...guys with family....with childs.....it will be like a half year! we got players in our fleet which can because of their life only be online every 4days or something......why u have to punish them so hard???

i really beg u add that mark!!!! we need it! it will be only fair! its really unfair to those which have a life! and also for guys which are skilled and have like me almost the full maco set....only the engine is left....and know i have to wait soo long to get the last part?? we already got the base to build.....and the ambassy.....pls add that mark!!!

UPDATE!!!!! ZENI WAY

i know its not the best way.....but ohwell:

ok anyway! even the Zeni way would be better than keeping the current.......if they make it fair.....like 100zen(more would be really unfair) for 1000 or 2000 reputation! then a restriction so you cant abuse it by buying like 100 of them and finish the whole thing after some clicks.....

then u click on the item and choose fraction u wanna spend rep to.but u still have to wait the time for researching the items and stuff.

even that would be better than nothing. and i think the main former for that idea really deserve a zeni bonus:P

still hope for stf optional rewards...........maybe they gonna do it twice? what about adding that mark to the zeni store and then add that events or missions which give omega marks give 100 extra reputation to the omega fraction and missions which give romulan marks give 100 extra reputaton to the romulan fraction

so doing stfs and events are worth it to be done again! right now its enough to do them once per 2 days for the marks....

give us some motivation to do the missions u guys added!

TURN IN OPTION: (best idea so far)

idea is simple! we got because of our missions we were doing and because of the crate A LOT of marks which we never gonna use.SO what about u simple can turn them in for reputation? that way old players which had a lot of prototypes and stuff which has been converted into the crate will be rewarded for their archivments!

add a new project like the one where u can turn in the neural processor!
that would be really awesome! all the marks we got spare would be usefull!

PLS ADD THAT!!!!!

PLS GUYS reply to the petition and ADD YOUR YES I WANT THAT MARK!!!!
pls u guys from cryptic! responce!
Post edited by bandit2338 on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    good idea....but the limit should only be 1 a day for each branch, or else there would be no reason for the 2 projects for tiers....especially if some one could, based off your limits, get 10k rep in either branch and get to t5 in far less time than someone who doesnt run stfs, or always missed the optional in elite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    one is way to less......maybe 5 per day .....u really have to think on the guys which have family or limited time!
    guys which almost had full maco set......those shouldnt have to wait like half a year or something...

u can also do a mark which provides 5000 reputation and u can do that once per day....
    i also belong to the guys,which have not time to be every day ingame.....so it shall be a boost which u can feel....then u really wanna do again stfs and those missions are again usefull!

maybe even a daily quest..... "reach optional in a stf" then they could also add dilithium or fleet marks or something if they want to

I WANT UR YES!
  • Options
    carbonik87carbonik87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As someone who can spend very little time on the game, I think it'd be a good idea to at least look at ways for allowing players that can't spend much time on the game to enjoy similar rewards to players that can spend entire days in the game. They would also benefit from a system proposed above, and then limiting it to prevent people abusing it.

The game would just be more rewarding overall by implementing some sort of system as suggested by bandit2338.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I like this idea. I only need one last piece of MK XII set to complete my MACO space set so I'm pretty annoyed, like a lot of others, that I now have to slowly progress to a point where in a couple of months I can buy that one last bit of kit.

I agree with the second poster who said 10 in a day would be too much, but even 2 or 3 a day could make a big difference. It would also give a reason to playing STFs again. Right now, I don't see the point in them, I can do one or two and I get enough marks to keep the projects going, I don't need any of the items I can unlock at the lower tiers so no point in stockpiling them.

It would also make the optional tasks a little more meaningful. I didn't like them much before to be fair simply because it takes a full team of 5 to work them right, and then with need or greed loot, all but one could end up getting nothing. Having a fixed reward per player does work better, but normal marks are pointless.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    xtron44xtron44 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bandit2338 wrote: »

ok i am writing this in hope to get some responce from cryptic...already wrote my ideas in the german forum but i think here i will get a faster feedback!

ok facts are the projects to get maco XII set are incredible long taking......untill u get that set u have to spend 2 month....on where u are evertime on the perfect time online to start the next one....

now my suggestion!:

stfs.....should be worth our time again! right now u get some dilithium and marks which are enough for the next 2 projects....so you only have to do another stf after a week....the optional just gives some more marks....thats useless!

so if players reach the optional they should receive a mark! a special reputation mark! with which u can choose where to add 1000 reputation points. after receiving it u click on it and it comes up: omega or romulan if u choose omega, then 1000 reputation points will be added instantly to the fraction! to avoid abuse just add a limit! so u can max use 10 marks per day! so there wont be the case that u can get the full reputation within one day....and also its only a reputation boost.....u still have to development for the projects so u can get that item

u really have to think....for hardcore gamers it still are 2month.....for normal players...guys with family....with childs.....it will be like a half year! we got players in our fleet which can because of their life only be online every 4days or something......why u have to punish them so hard???

i really beg u add that mark!!!! we need it! it will be only fair! its really unfair to those which have a life! and also for guys which are skilled and have like me almost the full maco set....only the engine is left....and know i have to wait soo long to get the last part?? we already got the base to build.....and the ambassy.....pls add that mark!!!

I'd rather the elite optional drop Mk XI-XII purple gear. The reputation time gate in no way increases the amount of time a person that "has a life" needs to play. If anything, it makes grinding out the STFs a far more casual affair,
  • Options
    badmax369badmax369 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i support the request, a very good Idea!
  • Options
    wolfpack12cwolfpack12c Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would say make it like the exp or fleet cred marks boost so instead of getting 1000 rep you get a +25% to reputation up to 1000 rep so you would get 1250 rep each time that way you get more bang for your buck it can't be exploited and it makes it still a challenge.
    -"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
  • Options
    korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YES, I support... :)
  • Options
    herian111herian111 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i support the request, a very good Idea!
  • Options
    xsirodin1988xsirodin1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thats a great idea! pls do it!!!!
  • Options
    coldemorcoldemor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I support it.
  • Options
    meedegi321meedegi321 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes this idea is worth some support
  • Options
    starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As someone who already has the Elite MACO & OMEGA Space set I don't particularly want months of grinding projects and STFS to get the Ground set esspecilay after being so close to haveing them a week or so ago.

I SUPPORT THIS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • Options
    zinntosszinntoss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anything in this direction is good. Like the others already said: STF isn?t that what it was. It dosn?t make fun waiting so long. And if you just get level 50 its very hard to fight against the Borg without any good weapons or equipment (exchange very expensive).

I support the request.
  • Options
    dragon131180dragon131180 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes i support it ... :)
  • Options
    thunder3288thunder3288 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bandit2338 wrote: »

now my suggestion!:

Great idea and YES I support as well:D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay, so on page 2 alone we have 5 people with 1 post who signed up in November 2012 supporting the idea.

Instant disqualification!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Okay, so on page 2 alone we have 5 people with 1 post who signed up in November 2012 supporting the idea.

Instant disqualification!

no NOT REALLY!!!!!

it only means they used their post right here for the first time!
    if cryptic checks their accounts they will see that a few are player of my fleet which play since that game is out.......that date only depends on the date of the first board/forum use.....
    that date only shall show how long they are activ here in the forum but not activ ingame.

and u sure agree with me that those also have the right to speak

just for you to notice;) i play that game since febuar(since F2P) and my join date says sep2012.......by that time i wrote my first post here. so after that useless post pls do something usefull and support that idea
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2012
    Yes like the idea with this addition:

Get the optional get your choice (like borg alerts u pick your reward)
    1. 1000 pt reputation bonus mark ( max of 5 per character then 20hr cd)
    2. Random Rare/V. Rare box drop (console, weapons, etc.)
    3. 2 Additional Borg Neural Processors ( assume these are needed for gear unlocks)
    4. Additional dilithium crate (value same as normal/elite payout your playing)
    5. Mark bonus token (additional 20% mark increase for X time applies to all marks earned)

Think this would help people who can't play everyday and encourage team play

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If the mods don't step in, meaning that all those posts came from different IPs... sure. It all looks a little fishy, five apparently new accounts across a span of thirty minutes, but I suppose it's not impossible.

At any rate, considering how big a fuss Cryptic was willing to endure to sweep all the EDC, Salvage and Tech under the rug, I wouldn't get my hopes up about getting through the entire reputation system in 10 days, if I were you. Which would be the effect of using the numbers you described. Cryptic's all about slowing things down right now. But I guess that leaves you room to negotiate.

As for supporting the idea, or whatever watered down form of it actually has a shot at surviving, I can't. I'm not against it either, though. I've no reason to be. I'm just not that invested in the STFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    no they wont step in^^ these posts are from completly different people! they only never posted here. i know it kinda looks that wayXD but after these accounts are some guys from my fleet and they play a real long time this game!

i really hope we get more support here.....over400guys viewed this and there is no reply from them.........whats wrong? u cant tell me u like it the way it is now! its totally unfair the way it is to people which have a family and stuff!

also i am kinda scared that because of other useless threads this will thread will dissapear onto page2.....to bad i cant stick it!

if u think this is right then stop only watching!!! support US! or say that u wont but stop only viewing><

cmon guys!!!
    also would be great to hear something from cryptic......only a little statement
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The idea to boost the progress through the Reputation-System is good, but I wouldn't expect Cryptic/PWE to give it to you for completing the optional. If we get a bonus of any kind, you can expect it to be:
    a) a C-Store-Item (real-money needed),
    b) a loss-deal (like the fleetmark-bonus) or
    c) something that drops from the next lockbox (like the fleetcredit-bonuses).

Nice idea, but the motivation for Cryptic/PWE is to get something out of your wallet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    WHY THE HELL U GIVE THAT KID A GUN???????

dont even give them the idea>< right now they sure think: YES YES YES!!!!!

ok anyway! even the Zeni way would be better than keeping the current.......if they make it fair.....like 100zen(more would be really unfair) for 1000 or 2000 reputation! then a restriction so you cant abuse it by buying like 100 of them and finish the whole thing after some clicks.....

then u click on the item and choose fraction u wanna spend rep to.but u still have to wait the time for researching the items and stuff.

even that would be better than nothing. and i think the main former for that idea really deserve a zeni bonus:P

still hope for stf optional rewards...........maybe they gonna do it twice? what about adding that mark to the zeni store and then add that events or missions which give omega marks give 100 extra reputation to the omega fraction and missions which give romulan marks give 100 extra reputaton to the romulan fraction

so doing stfs and events are worth it to be done again! right now its enough to do them once per 2 days for the marks....

give us some motivation to do the missions u guys added!
    updated first post with new facts

PLS CRYPIC READ THE FIRST POST AND RESPONCE
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    carbonik87 wrote: »
    As someone who can spend very little time on the game, I think it'd be a good idea to at least look at ways for allowing players that can't spend much time on the game to enjoy similar rewards to players that can spend entire days in the game. They would also benefit from a system proposed above, and then limiting it to prevent people abusing it.

The game would just be more rewarding overall by implementing some sort of system as suggested by bandit2338.

... Why should someone who doesn't play for long be rewarded more than someone who does? What other game actively incentivises players to play less?

And why does it matter if the Reputations take six months to complete?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    because it matters><

and the plan is not to reward the guys which enjoy family life. the idea is to fasten everything up a little bit! which besides gives the guys with limited time a little extra chance which we all have
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    ... Why should someone who doesn't play for long be rewarded more than someone who does? What other game actively incentivises players to play less?

And why does it matter if the Reputations take six months to complete?

because this game is financed by people which have families, work and hence do not spend 8 hours a day playing.

and nobody is saying anything about "be rewarded more", just the opportunity to get the time back. So if they play 6 hours on an thursday night, and earn the marks, they can speed the projects so they MUST not play every evening for an hour.
    ;)
  • Options
    eskwaweskwaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    simple ... YES
  • Options
    sternenforschersternenforscher Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A short answer:

!!!YES!!!
    With greetings,
    Fleet Admiral Vice Admiral Paul Alter, Terran Star Empire, and Telo, of Martoks Stammg