test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't set autofire

psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I can't set autofire on my new ship. Nothing happens when I right-click on the weapon icons, and I can't find any other way to do it. Help!
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rarianrakistararianrakista Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same thing is happening to me.
  • Options
    gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You have to set your power tray layout to "1" then you can select the autofire option...then just reset your tray back to 3 or whatever...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You have to set your power tray layout to "1" then you can select the autofire option...then just reset your tray back to 3 or whatever...

Didn't work. :(
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    thetholosthetholos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same issue here, new ship, can't set autofire.

Also the former workaround (right click on weapons and enter /defaultautoattack 1) is not working.
  • Options
    xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi. there is a workaround for this. if you set your skills tray to setting 1, you can enable autofire by right clicking on the weapons on the weapons display panel. please see the attached image.

http://i.imgur.com/8WoL3.jpg

please, next time search the forums before posting a new thread. this has been covered multiple times over the past week =x
  • Options
    beefydegreebeefydegree Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It tooken me awhile, to even find a Thread, that has any infomation, about this problem. Alot of people have been wondering how to solve this issue. I think this has helped, more than just posted another Thread, And I have used the search, and very greatful i did come across this solution to my auto fire aswell.
  • Options
    nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait, they broke autofire *again*?
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The "1" setting DOES NOT WORK It did BEFORE the patch, but since it DOES NOT WORK And I KNOW I am doing it right because IU did it before the patch when it broke the first time!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xsharpex wrote: »
    hi. there is a workaround for this. if you set your skills tray to setting 1, you can enable autofire by right clicking on the weapons on the weapons display panel. please see the attached image.

please, next time search the forums before posting a new thread. this has been covered multiple times over the past week =x

This seemed to do the trick. Thanks. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xsharpex wrote: »

Thank You Very Much... :)

I was having this problem with the Vesta and your solution worked just fine.

Again, I Thank You.

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have tried the above method and neither has worked with my new Mirror Qin or Shuttle.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dumb question but are the people having problems setting autofire making sure they are setting it to "Maintain", "Toggle: Change cancels" or "Toggle: non-combat cancels"?
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    focslainfocslain Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you, the trick worked.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for posting that work around, my Excelsior just got a whole lot funner to play.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have tried the above method and neither has worked with my new Mirror Qin or Shuttle.

Don't say that, my mirror Qin will be coming out of it's crate any day now.

Didn't have any problems setting autofire on my new To'Duj fighter this weekend, but autofire refuses to set on the type 8 shuttle I got for fed toon.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have tried all the suggested solutions, but Auto-fire is still broken. Changing my tray from 3 to 1 didn't change the fact that Auto-fire would not activate. :(
  • Options
    riddack12riddack12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ty you for the info it helped!!!!
  • Options
    steppenrazorsteppenrazor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Dumb question but are the people having problems setting autofire making sure they are setting it to "Maintain", "Toggle: Change cancels" or "Toggle: non-combat cancels"?

Thank you chuckwolf.... I feel like an idiot. -_-