Options

Season 7 REVIEW DEVS READ THIS!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    thef0xguythef0xguy Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    no my post has a point bad changes can kill a game now if you did get that im sorry for you ;)

If you consider a game lasting for 6 whole years after the changes take place "killing it", then hopefully Cryptic "kills" STO too ;)
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thef0xguy wrote: »
    If you consider a game lasting for 6 whole years after the changes take place "killing it", then hopefully Cryptic "kills" STO too ;)

just because it lasted 6 year dont mean much only it had a big player base and slowly did what ????? DIED

wow is slowly dieing look at its sub base from 3 years ago to now

sto player base luckly if its in the 500k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This just in change is bad! Now to our field report. Bob? Bob are you there?

http://i.imgur.com/wM560.png
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    Lol. Such arrogance.

No, no. He's quite right.

If Season Seven wasn't such a piece of TRIBBLE, I wouldn't have dropped $95 on Arenanet and having a blast with another STO "refugee" in GW2. The weekend event they have is awesome. Sure beats the hell out of grinding numbers. I'll miss my starships, but I don't need a second job.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    No, no. He's quite right.

If Season Seven wasn't such a piece of TRIBBLE, I wouldn't have dropped $95 on Arenanet and having a blast with another STO "refugee" in GW2. The weekend event they have is awesome. Sure beats the hell out of grinding numbers. I'll miss my starships, but I don't need a second job.

Exactly! And the same goes for the dozens and dozens of players i know are now in MWO. You can't get a single queue there without running into an ex-STO player.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thef0xguythef0xguy Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just because it lasted 6 year dont mean much only it had a big player base and slowly did what ????? DIED

wow is slowly dieing look at its sub base from 3 years ago to now

sto player base luckly if its in the 500k

The fact that SWG lasted 6 years after the NGE means that even in its "new" form there were still enough people who enjoyed it enough to make it profitable operation for those 6 years. And just FYI, SWG was losing 10,000 subs a month BEFORE the NGE:
    When we were asked, we were bleeding subscribers.

If I remember correctly, somewhere around 10k a month. LOSING 10,000
    subs a month.

http://rubenfield.com/?p=86

Who is that guy you might wonder? Oh, just one of the Devs who was working on SWG when the NGE happened. Yeah, just some guy who knows exactly what he's talking about.

But anyway, my point is that SWG was not some nirvana of gaming prior to the NGE as many people tend to think. It was a game losing 10,000 players every month.

As far as WoW goes, of course it is losing subs. It is now competing with a bunch of games that are FREE to play. That doesnt reflect badly on WoW, it just means people would rather play a game for free than pay.

But at the end of the day the simple fact is that every game "dies" eventually. You were the one that brought up the NGE in comparison to S7. So now you have to live with the comparison you created. If S7 is STO's NGE, then its got a good 6 years left in it. If you dont like that idea then you need to think of better comparisons next time.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The fact that SWG lasted 6 years after the NGE means that even in its "new" form there were still enough people who enjoyed it enough to make it profitable operation for those 6 years. And just FYI, SWG was losing 10,000 subs a month BEFORE the NGE:.[/COLOR]

FIY sto dont even have that type of playbase so i dont give sto as long as you do before it dies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I give STO 6weeks
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The fact that SWG lasted 6 years after the NGE means that even in its "new" form there were still enough people who enjoyed it enough to make it profitable operation for those 6 years. And just FYI, SWG was losing 10,000 subs a month BEFORE the NGE:

Who is that guy you might wonder? Oh, just one of the Devs who was working on SWG when the NGE happened. Yeah, just some guy who knows exactly what he's talking about.

But anyway, my point is that SWG was not some nirvana of gaming prior to the NGE as many people tend to think. It was a game losing 10,000 players every month.

As far as WoW goes, of course it is losing subs. It is now competing with a bunch of games that are FREE to play. That doesnt reflect badly on WoW, it just means people would rather play a game for free than pay.

But at the end of the day the simple fact is that every game "dies" eventually. You were the one that brought up the NGE in comparison to S7. So now you have to live with the comparison you created. If S7 is STO's NGE, then its got a good 6 years left in it. If you dont like that idea then you need to think of better comparisons next time.

Can you imagine if STO were losing 10k a month? The lights would be off already. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can you imagine if STO were losing 10k a month? The lights would be off already. ;)

it did and why the game is F2P

/cheers!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    kimjongpwekimjongpwe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The big moneyquote that applies to Season 7
    The point, the ****up, the mistake that we made, was answering an
    unasked question.

?Can you change an MMO drastically after it launches??

Categorically, NO.

Congrats, Cryptic.
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 did not change STO in the drastic manner the NGE changed SWG.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kandorous wrote: »
    Season 7 did not change STO in the drastic manner the NGE changed SWG.

i will agree to that only with a but it didnt help it in a game that needs money in the frist place life time sells with new perk doff packs with the hope i get a bug ships ya!!! sto not been helping its self thes past few months

stuff like this show this game is hurting for money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    orcrageorcrage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are already plenty of threads discussing S7, so please post in one of them instead of creating duplicates on the same topic.

dude posting this is a way for me to vent and to see im not alone in this and if you pay attention you would know that im not more people ****ing hate this then like it parden my french. They have completely screwed up a good thing because of all the crybabys. Also its my right to post what i want the fact that you went out of your way to tell me not to post a topic on this makes you a troll kindly go **** yourself.:mad:
  • Options
    orcrageorcrage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    no he has a right to make his own Thread if he likes what would you merged with the CDers again he has the right to make a Review of his own thots like the ppl have been doing on this forums from day one of the game

Hey thank you for your support in my right to post what I want i appreciate it.;)
  • Options
    captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    <
    Get's a bag of popcorn and some s'mores and sits back to watch the show. :cool::D
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wow 5 you say let NEG never happen would they still be here

maybe that sto life span hek who knows you dont or i dont

Um, for the record SWG wasn't closed down because it wasn't doing ok; it was shutdown because EA/Lucas Arts didn't want any competition whatsoever against "Star Wars the Old Republic". SOE would have been perfectly happy to continue the game and word is Lucas Arts made it worth their while to close the game down, and it's also one reason SOE still has the Lucas Arts "Clone Wars Adventures" browser based MMO.

Of course given what has happened with SWToR one has to wonder if Disney/Lucas Arts might consider a relaunch of SWG as TOR didn't live up to expectations (and with it's current F2P implementation, I doubt it'll see the upsurge in revenew Lucas Arts and EA expect; but time will tell.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Venting is fine, but thread duplication and flaming/trolling are not. Since this thread has lots of both, I'm going to go ahead and close it now.

If you have comments about S7, please go look for an existing thread that discusses what you'd like to talk about and post there, without the flaming and trolling. If by some odd miracle you can't find such a thread, feel free to start a new one on the new topic. Again without the flaming and trolling as defined by posts which are insulting or otherwise responding to other posters in a hostile or provocative manner.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).
    2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.
    3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.