test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All STF needed was a new function in item roll windows, STFS are now a joke.

randell1randell1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
As far as the new STF changes now as a vet player they are a bit of a joke. I used to love doing them with fleet mates trying to get their gear and sometimes getting a nice dil reward for myself if i got the big drop.

All they had to do was add another function inside of the map mission when items dropped and everyone had to roll on them why not of added another tab that would have allowed you to pass your roll onto another person on the team to increase there chance of getting the item. As far as personnel drops items, add a fuction that would move the item into a team item roll window. I know a many of my mates would have been happy to pass items on to other teammates that worked just as hard in the STF mission.

As far as the 8000 dil daily before the STF change with luck i could have this done in Two STF mission 2200 + drops to be exchanged into dil which i did quite often so dont understands Daniels S commends that this change would make getting dil easier lol. Just think system was better before and a lot less work had to go into changing it to this mess that it is now when a little fuction tab tweak is all it needed.
Post edited by randell1 on

Comments

• Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is the one billionth thread about dilithium in season 7. How about you ad on to another one of those? The forum is getting waaaay to cluttered.
  • Options
    randell1randell1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is the one billionth thread about dilithium in season 7. How about you ad on to another one of those? The forum is getting waaaay to cluttered.

This is general feedback tread so i can post here and start treads as i wish and the more PWE and cyptic see the community is not happy with the changes something good may come out of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    randell1 wrote: »
    This is general feedback tread so i can post here and start treads as i wish and the more PWE and cyptic see the community is not happy with the changes something good may come out of it.

Wow, sorry, your lordship!!
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    those who think they are lords are Cryptic and PWE.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Until every player walks away, whether you like it or not they technically are the lords of the game!!

(Just saying...)
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh good grief...

First it was "Loot is too random! Especially STF gear!"

So Cryptic says "Fine...you'll just have to buy the stuff now."

And the community is angry.

Then it was "There's no Dilithium in STFs anymore!" (a fair argument, as they are some of the most difficult misisons in the game and require teams who know what they're doing)

So Cryptic says "Fine...we'll go to 960 for Elite STFs. Add in the BNP at 5 = 1000 Dilithium and you actually come out ahead on Dilithium compared to pre-S7."

And the players are angry, saying "That's not enough!"...even though it's more than they had if they trade in the BNPs they get above and beyond whatever gear they want to get (or if you're happy with what you have, what you'll never need).

Guys, you can't keep wanting the moon. At the same time, Cryptic can't give us Death Valley either.

Both the players and Cryptic are going to have to find a middle ground. End of story.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you know dilithium is already back in stf's right? and that borticas posted that loot drops are being added soon to high level enemy units across the game to award better loot drops?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    you know dilithium is already back in stf's right? and that borticas posted that loot drops are being added soon to high level enemy units across the game to award better loot drops?

The sad thing is that the complainers will still find something wrong and complain some more.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    WE don't want the moon just reasonable things. STFs before S& were fine. I wanted to see new story content (haven't seen any since I joined) or more KDF or finally a Olayable Romulan faction. Were not asking for all at once but steps toward them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The sad thing is that the complainers will still find something wrong and complain some more.

Cause we're looking at the BIG picture. you're not.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Adding content in the form of episodes is nice but very short lived. You play them, you're done, you want more. Season 6 and 7 have added more substance to the game, Season 7 more specifically adding a LOT of end-game content. Systems like this will complement new story arcs and episodes when they're released. They'll work hand-in-hand. New reputations will be easier to drop in now that the framework has been done.

Having systems in place that give you things too quickly results in boredom. I have a toon I rarely played because it had everything. The best gear, the best ships, the best pets, everything. It even got mk XII MACO gear in under a week. When it had everything, what was the use of playing it? Now it has stuff to do again. Stuff to achieve. It's had the cobwebs dusted off it and it's getting out and about again.

People used to complain about being able to level up too fast. The best thing to do in regards to that would be to scale the levelling system, although judging by the furore we've seen with the dilithium changes there'd be murder in the streets!!

Slowing down the flow of resources means that end game levelling will be slower. It will give long term goals for toons, not the instant gratification that leaves people crying out for more.

I am looking at the long term picture. Are you?
  • Options
    omfg4202omfg4202 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They are pissing on us and telling us it's raining. I'm sorry that a lot of people seem unable to figure that out, but those of us who have are understandably angry about it.
    KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    First it was "Loot is too random! Especially STF gear!"

So Cryptic says "Fine...you'll just have to buy the stuff now."

The correct way to solve that was to give "Omega Marks" for doing missions on Elite, and then have it so you could buy the mark 12 set items for some number of Omega Marks just like you could buy the mark 11 set items for chips. If you were trying for the gun and didn't get it after 20 tries due to the random nature, then here ya go, congrats on being tenacious enough to earn it.

They didn't do that.

So Cryptic says "Fine...we'll go to 960 for Elite STFs. Add in the BNP at 5 = 1000 Dilithium and you actually come out ahead on Dilithium compared to pre-S7."

Rare salvage was worth 1000 dilithium. Prototype salvage was worth 2000. Tech was also worth either 1000 or 2000. I had missions where I made 6000 dilithium in one run, because I picked up some prototypes and cashed them in.

Dilithium rewards for STF are now about half of what they were because we have no tech or salvage to trade in.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012

ya this is true for me 100% agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    momaw wrote: »
    Rare salvage was worth 1000 dilithium. Prototype salvage was worth 2000. Tech was also worth either 1000 or 2000. I had missions where I made 6000 dilithium in one run, because I picked up some prototypes and cashed them in.

Dilithium rewards for STF are now about half of what they were because we have no tech or salvage to trade in.

So you want everything now. This minute. Instant gratification.

Dilithium has always been far too easy to pick up. It's about time it was harder to come by. What use is a commodity if it's too common?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012

Dilithium has always been far too easy to pick up. It's about time it was harder to come by. What use is a commodity if it's too common?

The smart way to do the same thing is raise the prices
    Not cut the rewards

Cryptic raised prices and added new costs
    And cut the rewards ........Bad management decision
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012

In case you hadn't noticed, most of the game requires dilithium and that has to come from somewhere.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    How did they cut the rewards? Not only are sets all there but we'll be able to use cross faction AND have a higher level Borg set. In addition, there are NEW sets for us. That's the strangest cut in rewards I've ever seen!!

As for the dilithium coming from somewhere, well, yes, it does. Now you'll have to be more careful with it. I see no harm in budgeting. People seem to want everything now. What is what all this greed?
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As for the dilithium coming from somewhere, well, yes, it does. Now you'll have to be more careful with it. I see no harm in budgeting. People seem to want everything now. What is what all this greed?

No, It's just that some of us don't do dailies, for some people STFs are the main/only source of dilithium and taking that away harms the playing experience of a lot of people.

It's not greed, it's getting by
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    adamkafei wrote: »
    No, It's just that some of us don't do dailies, for some people STFs are the main/only source of dilithium and taking that away harms the playing experience of a lot of people.

It's not greed, it's getting by

Apologies, but then you shouldn't depend so much on STFs for dilithium. What's the old saying, don't put all your eggs in one basket?

If I had to choose between the old system and this new system (WITHOUT changing anything about the new system) then I'd prefer the new system as it provides more gear with long term goals to strive for.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Adding content in the form of episodes is nice but very short lived. You play them, you're done, you want more. Season 6 and 7 have added more substance to the game, Season 7 more specifically adding a LOT of end-game content. Systems like this will complement new story arcs and episodes when they're released. They'll work hand-in-hand. New reputations will be easier to drop in now that the framework has been done.

Having systems in place that give you things too quickly results in boredom. I have a toon I rarely played because it had everything. The best gear, the best ships, the best pets, everything. It even got mk XII MACO gear in under a week. When it had everything, what was the use of playing it? Now it has stuff to do again. Stuff to achieve. It's had the cobwebs dusted off it and it's getting out and about again.

People used to complain about being able to level up too fast. The best thing to do in regards to that would be to scale the levelling system, although judging by the furore we've seen with the dilithium changes there'd be murder in the streets!!

Slowing down the flow of resources means that end game levelling will be slower. It will give long term goals for toons, not the instant gratification that leaves people crying out for more.

I am looking at the long term picture. Are you?

They have left the story hanging amd the last 2 seasons don't touch it. at least WOW tries to continue a story plot. ANd have you forgotten A LOT in tboth the embassy AND Starbase projects require dilithium. now I would mind less Dil in STFs IF it was more spread out. adding it to just FA's doesn't do that. And more importantly they snuck that tidbit on us. and since it's OUR money we're investing I think we have more at stake.
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WE don't want the moon just reasonable things. STFs before S& were fine. I wanted to see new story content (haven't seen any since I joined) or more KDF or finally a Olayable Romulan faction. Were not asking for all at once but steps toward them.

One man's reasonable thing is another man's moon. Clearly, in Cryptic's eyes you wanted the moon, and have been getting it for too long.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    yet they mess with stuff that didn't need it at all? give me a break and i wasn't asking for them all at once. do it buy seasons.
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yet they mess with stuff that didn't need it at all? give me a break and i wasn't asking for them all at once. do it buy seasons.

What's the difference if the change happens now or in Season 8? They gain zilch, and you gain another few months of getting more dil than they think you should.

And you didn't think the changes were necessary in the first place, so it doesn't matter when the changes happen, you don't want them at all. You'd have just complained in a few months rather than now.

Also, they did do it by seasons. This season.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Yes, because endless grinding on half-assed "content" that more or less resembles a browser game is "fun" enough to pay real money for?

THAT is the root of the ********- Season 1, 2, 3, 4, and even 5 had actual content-content even worth RE playing to L50, and the STF's were "end game" but still, arranged in order, told a STORY that contained interesting things.

Now, first S6, we've had "content" that tells NO story, built around minecraft-style grinding-first Fleet grinding, which was at least open to ALL ranks and levels rather than being isolated to the top tier, with what amounts to "vapid but pretty" rewards, a few purchaseables that MIGHT be close to the value of what you put into them (okay, Fleet Modules are ridiculously overpriced for what you get-esp. KDF side)...

and now Season 7, wherein ALL rewards are "Grind for it TRIBBLE" linked to Dilithium, which is now much, MUCH harder to obtain while everything you USED to buy with it now costs much, much, more...(not even addressing the commodities issue)...

for what, exactly? has ANYONE actually seen what we're supposed to be grinding to get???

and no story. Sorry, but NO STORY. a few bare hints here and there, some set-dressing, but NO STORY, nothing to make this rickockulous grind we're now saddled with, worth the effort.

How hard is it to do up some episodes and maybe give the Klinks some of the things they've been asking for for...what, since 2010 at least?? Let's see...

Episode-quality Foundry missions exist(ed, who knows if they still exist since foundry's cut off) for quite some time-the last "featured" KDF episode of note being the Krios mission-which is better than the rehashed FED content and actually...ties to the metaplot better?

There are/were others, equal in writing and storytelling to anything Cryptic's put out 'officially'. so it's not like it'd be that hard to have divergent, parallelled advancement curves between the two existing factions.

The New STF's are Beautifully made, mind you-but rewards don't line up with risk or expense-esp. at Elite difficulties, since the very same commodities you need to FINISH those missions, are also required to BUY your "reputation" in Rep projects-how many of you would go into a ground STF without Regens?

Ah, a few hands there-have you ever PLAYED a Ground STF on Elite??? Oh...hands went down, except for mister "I have more injuries than Jesus" over there.

IF the Rep system ONLY required Marks and Dilithium, it would be less of an issue, I suspect, than it also requiring a ****-ton of other things to drain a player's accounts-especially a player who does not HAVE three years' of stuff saved up to spend!!

and there is still the content-desert here. NOTHING on KDF side led up to the Romulan missions-nothing, closest thing to it, would have Klingons INVADING hte remnants of the RSE, not aiding them in establishing a new colony.

Then we go to the ground missions...

"Epoh"...oh, that's cute, "Hope Spelled BAckward" yah...**** that, if I wanted to, was jonesing to...play Poke'mon, I'd be playing Poke'mon, or Monster trainer, or some other lame-TRIBBLE kiddie bull**** game designed for 11 year old girls in China by 50 year old men with a Lolicon fetish.

Same for the little pink tentacoo monsters...whatever the hell they're called.

This is supposed to be STAR TREK, with Strange new worlds and new civilizations, epic conflicts between star empires, and exploration of concepts and the clash/interaction of disparate ideals.

We've got somewhere in the order of 5 or 6 major metaplots going back to the introductory mission every new player has to endure, plus indicators of House conflicts in the Empire and a Federation with a growing seige mentality beset by threats from all sides...and frankly, the 'wrap up' to the Undine is an ENORMOUS disappointment, as are several other promising avenues, meanwhile we get jack **** on the Iconian metaplot, Sela, etc. etc. etc.

It's not that there's signs of life in this stuff, it's more that what we have been given is "Story development is too hard, here, go grind a bunch of **** for me, pick up pretty rocks and chase cute animals."

This. This exactly. Now we have to throw it into Craptic's greedy face.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    unangbangkay look at the last 2 entries. that's it in a nut shell
  • Options
    wargibbonwargibbon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Let try and put this into a nutshell for you. Some of us, me included, have a large monetary investment in the game. I also work for a living. I don't have time to come home and use all my spare time playing a buggy game that at least in S6 gave some reward with a couple of hours of gameplay. I don't want a second job playing this game every spare minute i have and having to wait until i retire to achieve anything.

It's not about wanting everything now, it's just that there is a large percentage of players who simply don't have the time to grind until doomsday for basically very little reward. This is why S7 sucks balls, very simple.
    Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
    Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
    The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...borticas posted that loot drops are being added soon to high level enemy units across the game to award better loot drops?

Does anyone have a link to reference this quote by Borticus?
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Originally Posted by momaw :

You know , you are a real piece of work ... .

THAT was your answer to someone who was upset because the clickys were taken away (a year too late) .
    And now this is your same answer to the STF-er , who you know damn well that has EARNED his Dilithium through the hardest way this damn game has to offer !

Why so hypocrite , huh ?
    Why do you just burrrn up inside when anyone gets anything in this game ? :)
    Why do you personally have to suffer (and troll) when someone asks -- not for more , but for what he got before , just a few days ago ? :o