test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Required Respec for Reputations

fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
UI states I need to do a respec on my toon so I can view/choose a skill in both the Romulan and Omega reputations. Earlier today I had no issues.

When clicking on the button "View Skills" some of the Space/Ground skills are highlighted, ok those are the ones I have maxed, however your computer is not showing me what I need to make this work.

I ran 2 rounds on this toon of the Romulan Reputation on Tribble and did not have this issue.

Please provide a listing of the required skills needed for your Reputation System to function properly. I do not have a level in ALL of the Ground/Space skills as I considered a waste of Skill points.
Post edited by fyllis on

Comments

• Options
    zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm pretty sure that's just a bug.

Also, how could you already have access to the skills? The patch came out less then 24 hours ago.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In the location where the graphic is supposed to be listing all the possible options for all the Tiers, is a statement:

"Your character requires a skill respec to be able to VIEW or CHOOSE a reputation skill" Click "View Skills"

Any of my toons that I have NOT started the Reputation Skills have the gui that lists the skills to be reviewed for each level. Just checked all 7 toons.

Question Answered??

edit--
    Afer a 150mb patch I have the same issue over in Tribble. Well I guess my girls wont be doing the reputation systems, Im not going to waste skill points placing 1 level in EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SKILL.

Way to Go PWE/C
  • Options
    shonseashonsea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi,

Have the same issue. Before you begin any of the reputation tasks u can see the captain skills in the upper portion of the reputation display.

After I completed the requirements for one of the tasks and the counter started I received the same:

"Your character requires a skill respec to be able to VIEW or CHOOSE a reputation skill" Click "View Skills"

Is anyone else having this issue?

I also did not place skill points in all of the Space/Ground Skills. I placed my points in the areas which best suited my play style.

Please provide a listing of the skills required for the reputation system. I have one toon an Engineer that is working on this. Could this maybe be the problem since the Tier 5 looks to be science based on both of the reputations?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Some skill are now highlighted if they are the invalid ones then I have an issue. The highlighted skills are skills I have maxed out 9/9 all others are not highlighted because they are not maxed.

Is this because I decided to max out 6 Space and 2 Ground Skills????

If so (political correctness) that is not in the best interests of a playable character.

I cannot verify if this is correct with all my toons as most of them are tied up in the Dil Patch for another hour.

Most of my toons have certain skills maxed. Guess I won't be doing the reputations if I have to respec all of the skills on most my toons. I am very happy with their skill sets
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Your previous post on this topic was in the Tribble forum, so can you clarify for me -- is this happening only on a Tribble character, or on your Holodeck characters as well?

If it's on Tribble, then I'd like to ask you to delete the character and re-copy a new version by following the instructions at this link: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test

After that, come back and tell me if the issue exists on the newly-copied character.

If this bug is occurring on Holodeck, please log into the character affected and submit a bug report, then return here and post the Ticket #.

Thanks!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It was happening on BOTH Tribble and Holodeck. I can only assume when the toon was copied to Tribble the skills she had were borked.

Unfortunately I did not see your post as I walked away from the game and boards to cool down and try and figure this out.

I did a respec of EXACTLY the same skill set on Tribble - and the issue was corrected.

I did the same on Holodeck (crossing my fingers it wouldn't bork my toon) and it also corrected the issue.

Logged out of the game for a while and came back in and all seems to be working still. I believe, that the copying process, which was during the Tribble weekend, is what caused the issue.

I wish I would have seen this prior to doing the respec, sry. :(
  • Options
    dereklucasdereklucas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The one character I copied over to Tribble is having the same trouble on Holodeck, but not the one i did not copy.
  • Options
    crjasoncrjason Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am having the issue on one of my holodeck toons but not the other. Submitted a ticket #1,433,141.