test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth contraband nerf?

2»

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/thunderfoot006/STO%20Schtuff/KDFConrabandNerfDisproved.jpg

They haven't increased the length of the cooldown timer, It is a safe guess the rest is the same as before S7 went live on Holodeck as well.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    (slightly off topic) One thing I'm happy with, and surprised by, I entered my fleet embassy on new Roumulus to check it out and looked to see if there were any doff assignments. There was. One assignment was "Haggle for Romulan Ale" much like the "Haggle for Shapeshifting Lockets/Jevonite/Bateret Ensense etc. Required 2,000 energy credits like the other types of Haggle assignments. It completed as a Critical Success and I got 20 Romulan Ales from it :D:D (will come in handy for Bartender assignments in the crew deck of my ship)

and the price of romulan ale will go down now lol...seeing as its no longer needed for the bartender fleet project...on the starbase at least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems as though the success rate for Confiscate Contraband doff assignments is not what it shows in the window. I haven't had much success lately with it for about the past week or so prior to season 7.

One day I had all 4 characters with it. The next day I checked all of them to claim rewards and start new assignments. Only 1 of the 4 had succeeded with Confiscate Contraband and the other 3 failed with no rewards. One of my characters I had even used a blue quality and green quality Security Officer on the assignment and still it failed. on 2-4 characters doing it everyday I was lucky to get 1 to succeed and get 1-2 contraband a day. I only use Security Officer doffs due to that being "Success" and the low default chance to succeed on it is too risky to use any other type of doff.

Strangely the last couple of days I have had luck with it again, so it may have straightened out on its own finally or I was just having a bad streak of luck for a while if nothing internally with the assignment had changed or broke.

Pre-Season 7 I've been failing on some alts doing the confiscate contraband mission regularly using TWO purple quality Security Officers (the required DOFF for maxing success), none of these purples have negative traits, some even had 1 or 2 positive traits.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and wow would you look at that...romulan ale FELL from 100k each down to a mere 13k each.....mainly becaues of the lame "Haggle for Romulan Ale" embassy assignment where it gives you 10 bottles for a success.......it sucks now lol...Party with the fleet :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »
    Pre-Season 7 I've been failing on some alts doing the confiscate contraband mission regularly using TWO purple quality Security Officers (the required DOFF for maxing success), none of these purples have negative traits, some even had 1 or 2 positive traits.

Oh thank god I'm not imagining things..........Hey, where did all my.....friends....go?:eek:
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mine seem to fail a lot more now. I'm wondering if the percentages I see in the window are actually correct how it fails over 75% of the time since S7.

ive noticed that as well.
    haven't had a success on my main the last few times ive run confiscate from crew/inspect freighter
    i'll slot 2 purples, both with 1-2 crit traits, and i get failure sometimes with injuries.
    thats with the % to fail at 10-12% and disaster at 2% i think
    getting rather annoying
    instead of it succeeding say 8 times out of 10 its failing 8 times out of 10
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lillithiae wrote: »
    Any KDF players seeing less marauding missions available than usual?

Not fewer maurading missions overall. But I have been seeing far fewer freighter missions than before and they are definitely rewarding far less contraband. And since my KDF exist to feed my Feddy and his voracious appetite for commodities, I feel a deep sadness in knowing that I'll probably make a mint selling their doffs on the exchange when I no longer need them.

Edit: And my Confiscate and Prison assignments fail frequently.

Edit 2:
    I understand that everyone is on edge in light of many of the economic changes that came with Season 7, but I'd urge you to not jump to conclusions on things like assignment availability, using only a single day/session as a sample size.

I am ashamed that I have failed to think like Spock about this. Thank you for pointing out the sample size.
    <3
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I haven't noticed anything, I still earn more contraband than I can use in a given time period (assuming I focus my doffs on marauding missions).
  • admira1dixadmira1dix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have you check in the first officer missions on the department heads tab? I generally never used to check but now tons of marauding missions show up most of the time.. I still run into zero missions in some sectors tho...
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It depends on where you are. They seem to be fewer around DS9, but in Sirius they seem just fine.
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maybe it is just the RNG at work, but i haven't really noticed a huge drop off in Marauding contraband. what i am getting a oddly large number of fails at is Refugee turn in, ive had about 4 this week that went south with not even a white doff rewarded
  • tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is really only the RNG...

I play with 12 characters.

Some of them get like 4 Disable Missions upon logging in and some do not get any.

The more characters you play and the more you can see it is totally random.

Most of my ships are parked outside DS9 in Beta Ursa. When no missions are there i quickly go have a look in Alpha trianguli and sometimes i can get some Disable Missions there too.
  • tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And about the failure rate , i do have the feelin that Recover Contraband failure rate seem very high but maybe it is only bad luck.

Everytime i use my 2 Borg purple security officers to do that mission, i end with a failure somehow while two green sec officers often succeed.. Very strange... But not enough datas to really call BS on this yet.