test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Autofire on new ships needs fixed yesterday.

conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This renders the game unplayable for me on new characters or in the new overpriced ships I bought.
Post edited by conundrumnsa on

Comments

• virgilpluton999virgilpluton999 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think it is new ships, but new weapons. I got a new ship today and the old weapons I brought over worked fine, the new weapons however would not auto fire.
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think it is new ships, but new weapons. I got a new ship today and the old weapons I brought over worked fine, the new weapons however would not auto fire.

Just did some testing...

Old Ship (Ody Tac): All weapons set to autofire prior to S7. They stayed set to autofire post S7 even if the the pre S7 weapons were removed / reinstalled. Autofire could not be disabled. Swapped them for newly generated TOS phasers, they were set to autofire as soon as installed, and it could not be disabled.

New ship (Vesta, I forget which variant):
    Autofire could not be enabled with either pre or post S7 weapons.

New character in n00b ship:
    Autofire cannot be enabled.

So the short answer is, something is preventing the changing of autofire state...at least for some people.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was having this issue too all day and it was taking away from my enjoyment of my new Vesta and someone in Zone Chat figured out the solution.

You need to change your taskbar layout to #3 then enable the autofire like usual, then return your taskbar to your previous selection number from 1-4. It should retain the autofire settings. I am glad someone was able to find this work around and hopefully this helps others too but I think the same thing happened when they released Season 6 as well so they must be changing something to keep breaking this each new season.
  • thephantomsilverthephantomsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dude, if you would have read more then your nose is big, you should have found out there are is already a threat about that.

and it not only effects new ships.

greetings

ps. link:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6562671#post6562671
    edited November 2012
    Dude, if you would have read more then your nose is big, you should have found out there are is already a threat about that.

and it not only effects new ships.

greetings

ps. link:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6562671#post6562671

/rolls eyes
    edited November 2012
    I was having this issue too all day and it was taking away from my enjoyment of my new Vesta and someone in Zone Chat figured out the solution.

You need to change your taskbar layout to #3 then enable the autofire like usual, then return your taskbar to your previous selection number from 1-4. It should retain the autofire settings. I am glad someone was able to find this work around and hopefully this helps others too but I think the same thing happened when they released Season 6 as well so they must be changing something to keep breaking this each new season.

Actually you change it to layout #1 and turn on autofire in the non-taskbar window that opens, then switch it to your preffered layout.
  • thephantomsilverthephantomsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Neither options worked for me. i tried every slot every position.

non worked. hope they fix this soon. its no fun like this
    edited November 2012
    Neither options worked for me. i tried every slot every position.

non worked. hope they fix this soon. its no fun like this

When you try it make sure you switch to layout #1, then right click on the weapons in the weapon box to the right of the power level box, NOT the weapon on the normal 1-10 taskbar.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I started a new character with the Steamrunner and had no trouble enabling autofire. But I am enabling them from their own tray, not the taskbar.
  • jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    overlapo wrote: »
    I started a new character with the Steamrunner and had no trouble enabling autofire. But I am enabling them from their own tray, not the taskbar.

This is how I've always done it, too, and I had no problem enabling autofire on my Lvl50's Vesta.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original