test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Promo Extended!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack before they're discontinued. Read more for full details.

(UPDATE! Due to the US holiday on Thursday 11/22, the promotion actually ends the morning (PDT) of 11/21)

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And I was stressing to get my Bug ship yesterday only to read I had a whole other week. Awesome ship BTW!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Uh-oh... My spidey sense is telling me that Season 7 is delayed a week. ;)
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does this mean that Season 7 launch is going to be November 22?
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 still needs a bout a patch and a half before its all shiny. So extra time is good, as the average tester hasnt even seen the end rep gear to test the items. And wont unless they put out a npc to req the items from.

Also I bet the Bug is making them cash hand over fist so why not run it longer?:P
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Cannot be selling very many if you keep having to push them ;)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE! Due to the US holiday on Thursday 11/22, the promotion actually ends the morning (PDT) of 11/21. Full details can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=744921

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn make as much as you hoped eh?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Didn make as much as you hoped eh?

No I guess it did make more than they hoped. That's why it's extended. Otherwise this would not make sense.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why not bring back the old good C-Store ship sale?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE! Due to the US holiday on Thursday 11/22, the promotion actually ends the morning (PDT) of 11/21. Full details can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=744921

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awwww, I wanted to eat Turkey, and open stuff :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Cannot be selling very many if you keep having to push them ;)

Word.
    I want this ship so bad I can taste it, but at the win rate of the timeship I won't buy these packs, and suck lemons to kill the taste.
    :cool:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    szim wrote: »
    No I guess it did make more than they hoped. That's why it's extended. Otherwise this would not make sense.

Unless they have a minimum quota on each promotion, and that's the reason for the seemingly random release schedule on new lottery boxes.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Unless they have a minimum quota on each promotion, and that's the reason for the seemingly random release schedule on new lottery boxes.
    What did you mean sorry.
    I'm so happy :D
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We can speculate all we want about this , as it could be that they have not sold enough or that they are selling more than enough (doff packs) and want to sell some more , the fact is that the only extended "sale" in recent memory was for the lock box for the D'Kora .

Now the status of the D'kora is pretty much this : anyone who wanted one got one (off the exchange) .
    This is not the status of the Bug ship , nor do I see it coming to such a status any time soon .
    Is that because of the drop rates ?
    Player greed for EC ?
    Whatever .
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Must have had people burying their hands in their pockets for a chance at the Attack Ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Exploitation of Skinner-Box techniques and pseudo-gambling lockboxes for real cash is all sorts of shady. No clue how Cryptic gets away with this in the US's strict anti-gambling laws (outside of Nevada) but w/e. Oh, and the game is open to anyone 13 years of age or older. So not only promotion of blatant gambling but also doing so to MINORS!?

Cryptic must be either desperate or have a death wish to be desecrated by rabid US politicians with an axe to grind (repeating the 'games are evil!' refrain).

The droprates in any of these boxes for anything decent is well below 5%, with the best prizes being close to 0.5% or less according to the STO wiki.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Must have had people burying their hands in their pockets for a chance at the Attack Ship.

I spent $28 bucks plus this months stipend before I got one.

Funny thing, it was the last two LB's that I tried, that got me the BUG and the Time Ship.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    endafresh wrote: »
    Exploitation of Skinner-Box techniques and pseudo-gambling lockboxes for real cash is all sorts of shady. No clue how Cryptic gets away with this in the US's strict anti-gambling laws (outside of Nevada) but w/e. Oh, and the game is open to anyone 13 years of age or older. So not only promotion of blatant gambling but also doing so to MINORS!?

Cryptic must be either desperate or have a death wish to be desecrated by rabid US politicians with an axe to grind (repeating the 'games are evil!' refrain).

The droprates in any of these boxes for anything decent is well below 5%, with the best prizes being close to 0.5% or less according to the STO wiki.

Been said before by many and nothing has ever happened.

As for the odds, they will never reveal despite us the players working it out to being less than 1% chance of getting said ship ;)
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That's because it doesn't qualify as gambling. It's not any different from selling packs of baseball or ccg cards.
  • lalairlalair Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just a few question for a former subsciber/returning LTS. I have been reading the posts in Star fleet academy and am still confused since duty officers were brought out after the last time I played. I already bought the Doff promo pack and I think I collected.

1. How many duty officers does one get automaticly?
    2. Do I have to buy more Doff slots to open up a duty officer promo pack?
    3. Is the promo pack a bunch of Doffs or is it just a chance to recruit more while doing missions?
    3. If I won the new ship do i get it when I open the duty officer promo pack?