What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7: New Romulus is Live!

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah if they didnt kill fed dilithium and made it where it wouldn't crash they would have half the ppl buying vestas they could have and maybe a few kdf players might got one just to spend their dilithium on something.

Oh gosh ppl arent buying vestas we better fix this ASAP!

You can't get someone to buy something they only use every other 2 seconds.
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lmao, you guys need to up your systems!

Took me all of 2 mins to patch season 7 :) ... and here you all had me worried.
    :eek:
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Regarding the "art" for the new update and the home page.

That female is so bad I can't even wrap my head around it. Was there some out of work cover artist for romance novels that the devs owed a favor? Really, it's terribad. Is she a Vulcan or a Romulan? Because I've never seen one, but I have seen a human female or two, unlike the artist apparently. Why is she not even looking in the same direction she's pointing the phaser? Maybe it's not a phaser, it's just a flashlight. Obviously she's some kind of mutant based on the distorted mammaries and hips that won't birth anything, so they probably just give her a flashlight and tell her to make pew sounds herself.

Seriously, this is the homepage of an international MMO in 2012, not some Del Rey cover art from 1972.

This depiction of women by somebody who doesn't understand how to properly proportion a female figure plays into every stereotype of basement dwelling shut-in comic-con Trekkies. Please get rid of it.
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they need to figurw out to give dilithium in stfs again to get more intrest in them and keep the stf grinders happy and fix other stuff they broke
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    they need to figurw out to give dilithium in stfs again to get more intrest in them and keep the stf grinders happy and fix other stuff they broke

LOL Dilithium is the least of my worries... the constant disconnects should be a higher priority to fix.

Oh yeah please make those inhibitors from dividian series not work on adventure zones please too many annoying ppl placing those around especially in the cut scene areas or just remove them from the game altogether they are so annoying.
  • Options
    admiralhashadmiralhash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I woke up happy but cant believe what has happened to this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wow what aload of p**p

no dill from stfs now prety pointless playing them the ones that do dill even more boring as not meny even played them befor the change and still dont

and bnp for 1k dill that u cant use till u unlock them at what eve lvl welldone pwe ur on thwe rite train to kill this game now playing less as cant grind dill cant do my fleet mark daily ( froundry not working)

over all rank of s7 big s**t pile
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it;s the same version thats on tribble is it not ? , i still get the white background when the boff popup appears . i thought they said they had fixed that ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awesome, finally get to visit New Romulas for real and play some new content :)
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fewzz wrote: »
    Just did the sector dailys,man i was bored.
    I miss DS9 allready, and the STF shops etc, STF's no longer give Dilithium either.
    Looks like the game suddenly hit a wall, boring tbh.

Damn whats happened to STO.

STFS - Dead
    Doff System - Dead
    Fleet Actions - Still going to be dead and is still done by 1st place etc.
    B'Tran - Dead

Theres nothing left, except new Romulan stuff and being totally honest here it is boring and dull.

I am not buying anymore D, nor are my friends, we will still be around when we feel we need a nice space battle etc but you just pushed us away.

Great to see the testers were listened to, isn't it?
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xariama wrote: »
    Great to see the testers were listened to, isn't it?

I think they thought, "OH! *light bulb animation* We are doing that so well with our PvP playerbase, let us take on that approach and implement it with the PvE community! That is a splendid plan. *Genius Moment*"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Bran, Tumerboy, anybody

Can a brother from another mother get a full size version of that new background?

For science. Yeah, science.
    For Science! How can we be expected to study this more thoroughly with such insufficient data. Need more pixels please ;)
    redricky wrote: »
    Regarding the "art" for the new update and the home page.

That female is so bad I can't even wrap my head around it. Was there some out of work cover artist for romance novels that the devs owed a favor? Really, it's terribad. Is she a Vulcan or a Romulan? Because I've never seen one, but I have seen a human female or two, unlike the artist apparently. Why is she not even looking in the same direction she's pointing the phaser? Maybe it's not a phaser, it's just a flashlight. Obviously she's some kind of mutant based on the distorted mammaries and hips that won't birth anything, so they probably just give her a flashlight and tell her to make pew sounds herself.

Seriously, this is the homepage of an international MMO in 2012, not some Del Rey cover art from 1972.

This depiction of women by somebody who doesn't understand how to properly proportion a female figure plays into every stereotype of basement dwelling shut-in comic-con Trekkies. Please get rid of it.

Just so I understand you, an alien from a science fiction franchise artfully depicted for a computer game website doesn't meet your expectations of how a real world human female should look?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/wordpress/service/img.php?postid=747111&type=redesign
    She's running and in mid stride.
    I too would also find it hard to run one way whilst firing in another direction.

Though I have to admit, Trek Fed uniforms are typically more conservative. Although it does convey what the game allows you to dress like...
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,807 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No special bridge for the Vesta pack. That's a huge disappointment for a $50 ship pack. :mad: I haven't even flown it yet and I've already got buyers remorse.
  • Options
    glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    by reading the previous comments the conclusion is clear: update patch was undercooked and applied early to "compete" with SWTOR going F2P this week
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Makes me wonder if we can get an ETA on when this nasty server disconnection/packet loss issue on Cryptic's/PWE's side will get fixed its kind of unbearable every 5 seconds getting tossed around the game and disconnected.

I guess general server stability was not big on the list of getting pushed out with this.
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Makes me wonder if we can get an ETA on when this nasty server disconnection/packet loss issue on Cryptic's/PWE's side will get fixed its kind of unbearable every 5 seconds getting tossed around the game and disconnected.

I guess general server stability was not big on the list of getting pushed out with this.

Mebbe you should check your end of the bargain :eek::eek::eek: I don't get disconnected at all, suffers no lag or whatever, like many of us.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    No special bridge for the Vesta pack. That's a huge disappointment for a $50 ship pack. :mad: I haven't even flown it yet and I've already got buyers remorse.

I'm very much disappointed by season 7, but the one thing I will say is you should not regret the Vesta pack. I toyed with it for a good hour or two before eventually clicking 'buy', I don't regret it at all, I've been wanting a more powerful science vessel for one of my characters for a long time and this certainly delivers. The one thing I thought was rather 'meh' was the AUX heavy cannons it comes with, they are TRIBBLE, I've since replaced them with standard heavy cannons and found them much better. It's worth claiming all three and using the three consoles for the set bonus too as the Set 3 power is pretty handy! A bridge would have been nice to complete it, but even without it, this is still the best C-Store ship addition in a while.

Personally I've been on for nine hours now and not had one bit of lag, nor have I been disconnected... I still haven't found a mission rewarding dilithium though...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    does anyoneknow when november ask cryptic is coming out
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/wordpress/service/img.php?postid=747111&type=redesign
    She's running and in mid stride.
    I too would also find it hard to run one way whilst firing in another direction.

Her pose is not athletic, she looks helpless, she's bent over at the waist.

She's tripping over her mini-skirt and her over exposed TRIBBLE, while pew pewing with a phallic shaped phaser toy.

I concur with redricky.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Usually when they push out stability updates to the server, it crashes for several hours afterwards.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Her pose is not athletic, she looks helpless, she's bent over at the waist.

She's tripping over her mini-skirt and her over exposed TRIBBLE, while pew pewing with a phallic shaped phaser toy.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/92/89/92899181e9214b63e8e2a2ba4b5153c21352836641.jpg
    She's dressed in attire that one can basically use in game. Are you saying those costume pieces should be removed from the game?

As for pose, it's an action shot. Are you saying you don't lean forward when running?
    From a stand still, to full sprint, tell me you don't lean/bend forward at the waist.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nah, I dont think the costume should be removed fromgame. I just think th3e image is very striking, and could send the wrong message to any Trekkies passing by the site checking out the game after the publicity blitz today. This ain't your TNG/DS9/Enterprise/Voyager Star Trek.
  • Options
    rednuxrednux Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even my computer thinks season 7's update sucks.....It keeps shutting down. Love the idea and the concept but let's work the bugs out before we release it..
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/92/89/92899181e9214b63e8e2a2ba4b5153c21352836641.jpg
    She's dressed in attire that one can basically use in game. Are you saying those costume pieces should be removed from the game?

As for pose, it's an action shot. Are you saying you don't lean forward when running?
    From a stand still, to full sprint, tell me you don't lean/bend forward at the waist.

People will see things the way they want to, and read into things what isn't there. If something isn't what they're used to, they try to find whatever is in their minds to explain it.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what someone with only one thing on their mind when they look at or play STO say. I'd say you'd have to bend pretty far out of general consideration to see the pic as that poster described it.
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The picture is awful, no two ways about it. It looks like it was drawn by an adolescent male for the cover of his Tolkien fanfic novella.

The background is a mural showcasing things that are relevant, like SHIPS and NEW ROMULUS. Only one of those ships is allotted more space than her TRIBBLE. The homepage is even worse, it's zoomed in on her chest and there's only a nacelle showing.

This is like those browser games that have a random picture of some elf chick in the banner but are pure spreadsheet sim games. The difference is, those are cheap asian carbon copy browser games, so you don't expect them to spend money on advertising or production.

Let me be clear, I don't object to the in-game costumes being showcased, and I don't have a problem with using sex to sell something. I have a problem with the god awful quality of that picture. I'm embarrassed to have that up on my screen for a friend or family member to see. It's done with the same hand as comic books or anime with a target audience of pre-pubescent males who have only a vague idea of the female form.

Maybe next season Cryptic should hire these girls. Here's one with some of the same elements as that disaster on the homepage. If they did this kind of stuff as a hobby, what do you think they could do if Cryptic threw a few dollars at them?
    burchenallburchenall Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Somebody forgot to remove the borg universal console from the "assimilation" episode rewards list...
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm experiencing serious lag issues even now.

It could just be that my computer is too weak, as I experience lagging on Earth Spacedock too.

But I also had problems in the Embassy when it was completely empty.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    stultus1980stultus1980 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been playing STO on and off since the Beta. I even purchased the Deluxe Digital Download package as soon as it was available and have spent quite a lot in-game, mostly on ships.

I've enjoyed exploring the Star Trek universe 'first hand' and have been impressed with the detail of space combat.

However, Season 7 has let me down. First, there's the glitches -- I can't play the new events because I get booted as soon as I enter, the dialogue boxes call me by the name of a shuttle I'm not even in, my Vesta's engines die in sector space after I use slipstream...

Then there's the increasing complexity of the game itself. Although I'm a long-term player, I'm also a casual player. I'm not a gamer (this is the only game I've played for any length of time) and I have a job and write in my spare time. All of this means that I enjoy dipping into STO when I can and don't want to have to feel like I'm falling way behind everybody else who is grinding for better equipment and weapons.

I'd only just got my head around the workings of the fleet system when this new reputation system was introduced. More grind, more currencies...

I must admit, the only thing I was looking forward to from Season 7 was the Vesta. I bought the multipack and played with different configurations in PVP and STF missions. I know others love the Vesta, but I found it to be a let-down. The hull is weak and that's not made up for by being able to equip dual cannons, because the turn rate isn't good enough to make full use of them. Plus, cannons that can run off of auxiliary power when the rest of your weapons can't seems a bit pointless.

PVP is the only part of the game that still interests me, and as a science captain who is not an expert gamer, that's pretty disappointing most of the time. Plus, trying to find a fleet with active PVPer members has proven difficult.

So I'm saying cheerio to STO. Thanks for the good times: the adventures, the exploration and the battles. I've fought many species from the Klingons to the Borg, I've defended starbases and discovered previously unexplored systems, but, in the end, I was beaten by glitches and profit-hungry developers.

This will be my final report to Star Fleet Command before resigning my commission.

Vice Admiral Bamol signing off.
  • Options
    leeloo5thelementleeloo5thelement Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The most ironic is that the reputation system actually damage the reputation of STO. When you are in business, Cryptic you are making players not happy and it is very hard to gain back reputation now, players just don't trust you anymore. You might return some dilithium, but last week my fleet lost 14 active friends, they all said they never want to play Star Trek Online anymore and it makes me want to quit now. bye.