test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth contraband nerf?

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Any KDF players seeing less marauding missions available than usual?
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not a lot left to Nerf on the Fed side - Maybe they are making their way over to the KDF but just more covert.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just noticed the Contraband Turn-In Mission is now 16 hours long.....

Come on Cryptic, did you have to nerf everything?

Dilithum Foundry been nerfed (even without clickies).

STFs no longer reward Dilithum

Why are we being punished?
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are you sure? I got two confirmations from fleeties that it is still 4 hrs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just tested it and it's still 4hrs for me :confused:

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just checked as well. Still four hours.
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I logged on one of my Klingon officers to look at stuff (was checking fleet Duty Officer vendor to make sure Cryptic didn't jack up the prices, which was a rumor I read in ESD chat) and decided I'd set up some Marauding missions since my feds needed contraband.

Well, the way the rewards are listed in the results window were quite different now. One mission listed a 16 x Special Item(s) and another listed 31 x Special Item(s).

Before today, the Marauding missions that rewarded contraband would almost always have multiple items in the reward window and the last one on the right "usually" denoted the amount of contraband you might expect if the mission completed with no critical, usually a 1 x or 2 x Special Item.

I went ahead and set up the missions (on all my Klingon officers) to test my nauseating theory that the brains at Cryptic have removed contraband from the Marauding missions. If they HAVE, this will be strike three for me and Star Trek Online (Strike One = dilithium gouging run wild in S7 ; Strike Two = nerfing Officer Reports mission).

And there seems to be a lot fewer available Marauding missions, as well. I haven't been back to check the results to see if the above re-tooled missions reward contraband, but if this goes the way of the other attempts to limit the amount of dilithium, this would be a prime candidate for a nerf.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are you sure? I got two confirmations from fleeties that it is still 4 hrs.
    I just tested it and it's still 4hrs for me :confused:

.... I honestly don't know what to say. I wish I got a screenshot but it actually said 12 hours (4 afters after I started it).

Guess I was wrong on this one. Still the Dilithium nerfs are hitting people.
  • Options
    shalktonshalkton Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dilithium has been moved around to different misssions it's still out there to get. people need to look at more than just STFs
  • Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I only track my Disable Freighter cooldowns, but the other Maurading Contraband assignment frequencies seem to be on par with pre-patch.

I'll be able to report more on the Disable Freighter missions tomorrow.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not a lot left to Nerf on the Fed side - Maybe they are making their way over to the KDF but just more covert.

My 2 cents: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f6Xc3PsOkc
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just noticed the Contraband Turn-In Mission is now 16 hours long.....

Why are we being punished?

THEY WHAT.....freaking cryptic dev....they nerfed it once already and then they nerf it again.....ugggg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    This is false, i just checked, its still 4 hours!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    This is false, i just checked, its still 4 hours!

phew, thats good lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Play a fleet action.... loads of dilithium there....
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn't it used to be 3 contraband + 2 hours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm, after reviewing the appropriate assignments and their associated reward tables, that no changes have been made to either the "Turn Over Confiscated Contraband" assignments, nor the assignments that most frequently reward Contraband upon completion (like, "Disable Freighter" types, for example)

I understand that everyone is on edge in light of many of the economic changes that came with Season 7, but I'd urge you to not jump to conclusions on things like assignment availability, using only a single day/session as a sample size.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dilbart wrote: »
    Didn't it used to be 3 contraband + 2 hours?

At first...then it was changed to 5 and 4 hrs....

I didn't do my usual cruise looking for Disable assignments today, but just on my way to the new Romulan sector picked up 3, so, donno.
    Give it a cple days, see how it goes before starting conspiracy rumors maybe...?
    Just sayin...

*Edit* ah...and a Dev echoes that while I was doing my hen-peck typing...heh
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm, after reviewing the appropriate assignments and their associated reward tables, that no changes have been made to either the "Turn Over Confiscated Contraband" assignments, nor the assignments that most frequently reward Contraband upon completion (like, "Disable Freighter" types, for example)

I understand that everyone is on edge in light of many of the economic changes that came with Season 7, but I'd urge you to not jump to conclusions on things like assignment availability, using only a single day/session as a sample size.

What about the STF's not having dilithium? .... working as intended?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    shalkton wrote: »
    dilithium has been moved around to different misssions it's still out there to get. people need to look at more than just STFs

Brown-nose some more why don't you...

Dan Stahl specifically stated that Elite STFs would reward 960 Dilithium per run (nerfed from Season 6's 1100 Dilithium). The new PVE Queue lists rewards for various activiites. Fleet Actions such as Starbase 24 reward Gear/Dilithium, while STFs (normal and elite) suspiciously reward only Omega Marks. And I can confirm after having run a few STFs since S7 launched, Dilithium is not being awarded at the end of the run.

Until Cryptic comes out of the shadows and admits to having removed Dilithium for good from STFs, i'll just assume it's currently "working as intended". It's rather revealing that at the launch of a new season update, the Cryptic devs are suspiciously absent from the chat rooms / forums.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    meurik wrote: »

Dan Stahl specifically stated that Elite STFs would reward 960 Dilithium per run (nerfed from Season 6's 1100 Dilithium). The new PVE Queue lists rewards for various activiites. Fleet Actions such as Starbase 24 reward Gear/Dilithium, while STFs (normal and elite) suspiciously reward only Omega Marks. And I can confirm after having run a few STFs since S7 launched, Dilithium is not being awarded at the end of the run.

Until Cryptic comes out of the shadows and admits to having removed Dilithium for good from STFs, i'll just assume it's currently "working as intended". It's rather revealing that at the launch of a new season update, the Cryptic devs are suspiciously absent from the chat rooms / forums.

Anyone else remember when they said they were going to add dilithium rewards to the fleet mark missions like the STFs?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    meurik wrote: »

One comment doesn't make him brown-nosing... geez :rolleyes:

And if I recall correctly, Season 4 accidently shut down the Foundry for weeks/months(?). And also, every season has bugs with the launch... this is no different until said otherwise.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    One comment doesn't make him brown-nosing... geez :rolleyes:

And if I recall correctly, Season 4 accidently shut down the Foundry for weeks/months(?). And also, every season has bugs with the launch... this is no different until said otherwise.

The problem is most of the bugs I met on Holodeck were already on Tribble...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    The problem is most of the bugs I met on Holodeck were already on Tribble...
    But it's common knowledge their QA team isn't the best, and not many people actually test Tribble ;) Well, at least compared to Holodeck
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    But it's common knowledge their QA team isn't the best, and not many people actually test Tribble ;) Well, at least compared to Holodeck

That's no excuse. Absolutely none. If they know of bugs, they should be squashed before leaving beta. That's the whole point of a beta/test server.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    At first...then it was changed to 5 and 4 hrs....

I didn't do my usual cruise looking for Disable assignments today, but just on my way to the new Romulan sector picked up 3, so, donno.
    Give it a cple days, see how it goes before starting conspiracy rumors maybe...?
    Just sayin...

*Edit* ah...and a Dev echoes that while I was doing my hen-peck typing...heh

where can a kdf find these Disable X assignments? they sounds cool lol

Edit: UGG....checks STO first BEFORE posting a question rofl

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Disable_Freighter

if only the player could do it too and not just through doffing :D No, pi Canis doesnt count lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    .... I honestly don't know what to say. I wish I got a screenshot but it actually said 12 hours (4 afters after I started it).

Guess I was wrong on this one. Still the Dilithium nerfs are hitting people.

Sometimes if you queue a doff mission, when the next mission on the list takes it's place in the window, some of the info from the previous mission sticks around. Any time you see something weird like that, click to a different mish then come back to make sure it's not just a refresh error.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lillithiae wrote: »
    Any KDF players seeing less marauding missions available than usual?
    availability off marauding missions is OK, but i don'T longer receive 8-12 contraband per char a day..

more like 4.

Veery bad. and i have hears they are gonna nerf the reward for "Turn In" to 1k dill only and make the cooldown 2 days. That way i will no longer care to visit DS9 at all.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems as though the success rate for Confiscate Contraband doff assignments is not what it shows in the window. I haven't had much success lately with it for about the past week or so prior to season 7.

One day I had all 4 characters with it. The next day I checked all of them to claim rewards and start new assignments. Only 1 of the 4 had succeeded with Confiscate Contraband and the other 3 failed with no rewards. One of my characters I had even used a blue quality and green quality Security Officer on the assignment and still it failed. on 2-4 characters doing it everyday I was lucky to get 1 to succeed and get 1-2 contraband a day. I only use Security Officer doffs due to that being "Success" and the low default chance to succeed on it is too risky to use any other type of doff.

Strangely the last couple of days I have had luck with it again, so it may have straightened out on its own finally or I was just having a bad streak of luck for a while if nothing internally with the assignment had changed or broke.

(slightly off topic) One thing I'm happy with, and surprised by, I entered my fleet embassy on new Roumulus to check it out and looked to see if there were any doff assignments. There was. One assignment was "Haggle for Romulan Ale" much like the "Haggle for Shapeshifting Lockets/Jevonite/Bateret Ensense etc. Required 2,000 energy credits like the other types of Haggle assignments. It completed as a Critical Success and I got 20 Romulan Ales from it :D:D (will come in handy for Bartender assignments in the crew deck of my ship)
  • Options
    jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll just stick to my Adv Orian Slavers... Unless they changed those too... I better go check.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mine seem to fail a lot more now. I'm wondering if the percentages I see in the window are actually correct how it fails over 75% of the time since S7.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution