test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7: New Romulus is Live!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Our latest content update, Season 7: New Romulus, is now live on Holodeck! To read about what you can experience in this update, check out our overview page here.

Release Notes can be read here.

The trailer can be viewed here.

Link to the overview page.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    0 dilithium in STFs currently, is this accidental or working as intended?
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Brandon: New Romulus is live! Huzzah!

Players: Dilithium isn't. Derp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "Dilithium isn't effecting our bottom line, price fixing? that was so funny it almost made me laugh, Dilithium is only 15% of... ( yadda yadda, but we still want to make our playerbase work longer and harder than ever before for even just 1k dilithium, because we are really price fixing, we just don't want you to know. *Evil Laugh* ) " ~ Dan Stahl

Not a direct quote, but as close as you can get, from a politician ;) Foundry is broken, tailor is broken. What else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmcq1ZUFhz8

Might as well of put a big [I Quit] Button in the middle of the mini map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Star Trek Online Server Status: Down

Reason: Patching the patch of the patch's patch to fix what we broke with the patch's patch that we needed because of the recent release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • zakon90505zakon90505 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm glad my patch was slow patching my patches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Captain Gordon Lightfoot, USS Edmund Fitzgerald

Check out Firefly Fleet: http://serenitystation.forumotion.com/
  • redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congrats to going live according to plans without postponing. Question: weren't we supposed to get marks for borg red alerts? Or is that only in romulan space?
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • aega100aega100 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow. The Downloadspeed is soooo slow. Guys, are you hosting a TRIBBLE website on that server too?
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    It's going great so far. Love New Romulas.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bran, Tumerboy, anybody

Can a brother from another mother get a full size version of that new background?

For science. Yeah, science.
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok ya hate me i get it ...really i do. But seriously 500 dilithium for white to green doffs, 5000 for blue to purple?....no dilithium rewards for stf....no dilihtiu rewards for explore or daility va chart missons...........uh guys really what are we suppose to do now? we cant play the mini game....we cant effectivly farm dilthium....we cant pay for the new rep and keep up a 8k refine.........uh ....and yet u seemed surprised when over 300 accounts were cancelled.....just today
  • jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7: nerfing the Dilithium!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Elite STFs are broken, 0 dilithium given. Fix this. Now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok ya hate me i get it ...really i do. But seriously 500 dilithium for white to green doffs, 5000 for blue to purple?....no dilithium rewards for stf....no dilihtiu rewards for explore or daility va chart missons...........uh guys really what are we suppose to do now? we cant play the mini game....we cant effectivly farm dilthium....we cant pay for the new rep and keep up a 8k refine.........uh ....and yet u seemed surprised when over 300 accounts were cancelled.....just today

where does it say they were supprised ? , what have i missed as i have been watching tv after i cancelled my subs :eek:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    are we going to get a damn answer about the elite dilithium rewards or are the mods too busy deleting posts instead?
    :eek:
    edited November 2012
    The 95% zoning bug has mutated into the 95% patching bug.. My patched MB has not moved in 30 minutes. Restarting the patch does not help. I am 14.5 MB from being patched. Meanwhile my received files clicks up literally 0.1 MB per second.

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Elite STFs are broken, 0 dilithium given. Fix this. Now.

I don't think it's broken, sadly I think that's one of their underhanded "we won't mention all the dilithium removals in the patch notes" issues. Poor show guys.

Also, the timers on the STF 'reputation' projects are bloody ridiculous, I've just earned 75 omega marks in one mission, which means I could get to tier 1... But because I've started the two projects which take more than a day and a half (seriously!?) to complete, I can't do anything worth while with him, so might as well not be playing the next two days whilst I wait for those to finish. Grind is irritating, but grind that involves sitting back and watching a counter is not a game.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm more interested in the game being stable enough to play... massive rubber banding and disconnects I didn't have until this season 7 went live...

Seems like everything went well except for the super bad connection problems. Kind of funny that this is the only problem I've seen in season 7 LOL.
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Our latest content update, Season 7: New Romulus, is now live on Holodeck!

Well looks like someone just took New Romulus down a dark alley and shot it, because it's dead.
  • bobbles77777bobbles77777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    is anyone else having it crashed their video card and sometimes crashing the computer i am and i'm using an intel hd graphics card
  • storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi,can we plzz get this ArtWork in FullHD. . .
    edited November 2012
    Patch completed after a mere 5 hours... I guess it wanted me to do laundry and dishes, and build a cabinet for my TV.

• radakiradaki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lets share 5 minutes of silence and say goodbye to our good friend, The doff system.

If the devs would have kept it alive, they wouldn't have made it so expensive to change 5 into a better one.

IMHO the system is dead

If players from small fleets DO accept those changes and still use the doffs their fleet wil take forever to complete even the most simple of jobs
    edited November 2012
    HEH I only got disconnected 15 times trying to do the mission to tag each transporter on new romulus...

Here's to hope they are working on the problem or take the game down long enough to fix the problem its getting to be rather annoying.
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where is the loot and optional in the STF's. Gone with the wind ??? :eek::eek::eek:
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vorga113 wrote: »
    Well looks like someone just took New Romulus down a dark alley and shot it, because it's dead.

I just did all the ground dailies, I'm not coming back any time too soon... They almost put me to sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited November 2012
    I just did all the ground dailies, I'm not coming back any time too soon... They almost put me to sleep.

ROFL I know what you mean plus its hard to even stay connected for 2 minutes before it kicks you off.
  • metalhead40metalhead40 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    try to log in....CRASH
    try to check out the new zone....CRASH
    set force verify on and put the game in safe mode....CRASH
    CRASH
    CRASH
    CRASH
    ECT.
    way to SERIOUSLY TRIBBLE this up dev's. why can't new content launches with STO be as
    trouble free as almost EVERY OTHER MMO? you guys are the worst.
    don't even get me started on the doff and STF systems....
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just did the sector dailys,man i was bored.
    I miss DS9 allready, and the STF shops etc, STF's no longer give Dilithium either.
    Looks like the game suddenly hit a wall, boring tbh.

Damn whats happened to STO.

STFS - Dead
    Doff System - Dead
    Fleet Actions - Still going to be dead and is still done by 1st place etc.
    B'Tran - Dead

Theres nothing left, except new Romulan stuff and being totally honest here it is boring and dull.

I am not buying anymore D, nor are my friends, we will still be around when we feel we need a nice space battle etc but you just pushed us away.
    edited November 2012
    Yeah if they didnt kill fed dilithium and made it where it wouldn't crash they would have half the ppl buying vestas they could have and maybe a few kdf players might got one just to spend their dilithium on something.

Oh gosh ppl arent buying vestas we better fix this ASAP!

You can't get someone to buy something they only use every other 2 seconds.