test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I just can't stop relaunching the....

kitsmerkitsmer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
The STO launcher.... I know the server won't be up for a few more hours most likely.........but......I just can't seem to stop myself from re-launching the STO launcher to check server status!

This is terrible!!!

:grabs a bottle of whiskey:
Post edited by kitsmer on

Comments

• daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    do what I do, reload the STO homepage every 10 seconds.
  • stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol, addiction is a terrible thing.

*Reloads homepage*
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    by the end of this, My F5 key will no longer exist.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Somethings happening to the servers? Meh.. Might log in at some point.

/I know, I know... Season 7 patch.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yup, like a kid waiting to unwrap a present. I'm going to do some cleanup around the house, go to work, and hopefully, when I get home tonight, S-7 will be up.:D Until then, I have to put it out of mind, or go nuts thinking about it.:eek:
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The old adage about 'watched kettles never boiling' springs to mind.

I've watched the kettle boil, like, a dozen times since the servers went down already. They do boil in spite of being watched. In fact, I might just have to go try the experiment again...just as soon as I hit f5....;)
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been reloading launcher too ... watched pots and all.

Just noticed red banner on launcher now forecasts patch through 6-10AM PST (was 9AM).

We all knew this patch would creep, but sometimes I wish they would just overforecast a little and then "surprise" us with overachieving and having the servers up early.

Back to work and surfing forums.
    edited November 2012
    Will take your word for the extra hour being added, I thought it said 4hrs downtime since they announced it. Which leaves 1 hour 22 minutes to go...1 hour 21 minutes to go...

(Not that I'm counting...)
  • kitsmerkitsmer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patch was always 4 hours. Branflakes noticed it was a typo and had it fixed I believe.

So 12PM CST as of right now...... mmmmmmm back to youtube I guess. Any good STO links on battles?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Less than an hour and half to go (bearing any shenanigans)! Instead of refreshing you could follow me on Twitter (link my sig) and have my tweets pushed to your phone (standard text messaging and data rates may apply :cool::P) -- then you'll know the latest news wherever you are!

(Could I have used any more brackets?)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2012
    Appreciate it!
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have Vestas to kill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited November 2012
    But if I wasn't lurking here and pressing f5 alot I'd actually have to do something productive!
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just engage your emergency storical imaging system, at this moment I am looking at data from 52081.2 to 53049.2 :D
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Vestas to kill? Count me in!
    edited November 2012
    Are we their yet?
    edited November 2012
    Nearly there! 29ish minutes...

Mr Flakey better get an update pre-typed on twitter to convince me he wasn't just farming followers with his earlier statement...
    edited November 2012
    went to website twitter, there was a tweet. NOTHING ON MY PHONE!!!! :/ its a conspiracy! Servers are on their way back up.....
    edited November 2012
    let the patching commence!
    edited November 2012
    I demand more bandwidth dedicated to my IP :p
    edited November 2012
    *Takes phone off hook, locks door, disconnects doorbell and cracks open a Red Bull*
    edited November 2012
    This is horrible. Must be because I choose to download all before continuing? sooooo Slow! I need a personal tweet since I am new at tweeting! :) I need somebody to tell me I can be ready to play within 30min.... at this current speed.... could be next year!
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    10 min and only 11% done Remember, patience is a virtue