test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilth for Red Matter

zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
Since the Dilth rewards are being NERFED at allmost every turn and we as a player base are being forced to spend REAL dollars for the needed dilth to get anything accomplished...
WHY can't we just BUY a Red Matter console with Dilth or Zpts? There is NO player balance anymore, the player with the most REAL money...wins. So what does it matter?

This is a free to play game, we are being bled dry as a player base for Dilth, why cant I just buy and spend Z points in the Z store and buy a Red Matter console?

And where is the Risa Beach Wear? This is a free to play game and players WILL buy and spend Z points in the Z store for Risa Beach Wear. STO/PWE is reallly missing the Cash Cow here.

I am a 1000day/LTS player so I can't quit...and have LOTS/ALL of cool game stuff already...HOWEVER...I am running out of things to spend money on...soooooo...give me something to buy or I'll just stop buying Zpts and play with what I have.

I am sure I am NOT the only long time player that has alll the stuff and really does not need anything else...ie: I/we do not need anything else so I can spend my STO money somewhere...else.

Now...one last thing..STO has turned into a "pay to win" game...give us more "to win" stuff to spend Zpts on...I want a 1 shot MK XIV Sad Panda Killin torpedo...how much will that cost me? Or Maybe a 1 slice Bat'leth to carve up PvP Captains in a single attack..what will that cost me? Why take baby steps in this new "pay to win" concept, just give it ALL to us...now.

Since STO/PWE is pimping out the Star Trek brand...give us more "over powered" stuff to spend our money on. Because, quite frankly...your "New" business direction is...wanting.

Not looking forward to Season 7 and its Dilth heavy economy...Greed is NOT good.
However...Fun and Fair..makes money too...you "suits" should try the concept, it may work.
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
Post edited by zachverant on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dil for the RMC? Nah, make it a tier 5 Romulan Rep item you can buy. Needs like 100k dil, 1000 Romulan Marks, and so on, for a new 'Advanced Red Matter Capacitor', which will be so good it'd leave the current one more worthless than a small hypo.

Why not, eh?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They cant give out certain rewards that were from retailers or open a law suit against them. They had agreements with those retailers to have the items exclusive. Why u dont see it or the tr116 so far. Or the armor or any of that stuff. Sure a few things have been brought over, but i think their agreements ended.
  • Options
    davidfloresiidavidfloresii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It costs like 10-15 bucks for the special edition online. I got mine at Walmart a couple months back for $12. Just buy it!
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even though I have had the RMC since launch andhave it on every ship as a christening type object, I do not use it much at all. Wish I could trade it to ya. I need some more of those lockbox ships.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It costs like 10-15 bucks for the special edition online. I got mine at Walmart a couple months back for $12. Just buy it!

Yeap ... and worth that small price as its the one thing from the starting / box specials that I actually use consistently.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I like having my RMC on my ships. Helps when I don't have an Emergency Power to subsystem that is needed that gets stunned by Phaser fire, especially during the Mirror Event.

On the STO wiki, in the Upcoming Content section, if you scroll down to "Older Ideas", it does say that the remaining preorder items except for the RMC could be made available. Even though its been over a year, the Devs haven't retracted that. So it may very well still be on the table. I wouldn't mind having a TR-116 as a fallback while fighting the Borg.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i for one is wondering what this magic "I WIN" super ship is that all the trolls rant about?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i for one is wondering what this magic "I WIN" super ship is that all the trolls rant about?

Over Powered: Anything that kills you.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zachverant wrote: »
    Since the Dilth rewards are being NERFED at allmost every turn and we as a player base are being forced to spend REAL dollars for the needed dilth to get anything accomplished...
    WHY can't we just BUY a Red Matter console with Dilth or Zpts? There is NO player balance anymore, the player with the most REAL money...wins. So what does it matter?

This is a free to play game, we are being bled dry as a player base for Dilth, why cant I just buy and spend Z points in the Z store and buy a Red Matter console?

And where is the Risa Beach Wear? This is a free to play game and players WILL buy and spend Z points in the Z store for Risa Beach Wear. STO/PWE is reallly missing the Cash Cow here....

I'm a Lifer, and I am all for every collectors Edition & special deluxe edition items of STO to be placed on the CStore.

I never got the chance to obtain the TR-116A rifle and would love to add it to my collection, its the only collector's piece that is missing from my personal collection.

They can charge 500 Zen per item.

Risa wear, well thats a good idea - but there really is not much to do in Risa - I am hoping they do something with these known worlds - events, concerts, anything.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    I'm with Stark here. It is another way for PWE to make money from us. I don't have the Red Matter Capacitor, but would like one, and the TR-116A. I do have the Automated Defense Turret though, and whenever anyone sees it, the first question is always 'Where can I get one of those?'

500 Zen isn't too much to pay either. I'm sure people will still pay for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I spent 10 bucks for the Collectors Edition on Amazon. you should too.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    I keep checking for it, and if I see it cheap, I'll pick it up. It would be worth it too, since you'd also get the 30 days sub with it, or an extra 500 Zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know, these things can be bypassed, right? Chuck consumable red matter power cells in the Romulan rep-store, or they can just 'invent' the TR-121, TR-128 and TR-132, updated for mk XII and the 25th century. (Make'em class-specific, with maybe complimentary effects/debuffs, and they'll be able to sell them as account-unlocks and still sell three, even to people with only two characters.)

As for the swimwear, though...

I am a 1000day/LTS player too, and I can leave. It's taken a long time, but given the direction this game has taken, my Trek fandom just isn't strong enough to withstand everything anymore. A guy showing up on my team in a speedo, ready to fight the Borg queen, will be the last sight I ever behold in STO. There are few things I am more certain of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Over Powered: Anything that kills you.

Lol, more truer words have never been spoken ;)

On topic though, I am still waiting for the rifle that can shoot through walls! :(
  • Options
    ussrevravenussrevraven Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I could be mistaken, but from my understanding..the RMC (and some of the other pre-order/retailer exclusive items) was under agreement that it would only be sold with the Special Edition. Some deals have lapsed, but not all of them, and some will never be made available outside their respective editions, RMC included of these.

I do agree with others, that they could make an item that would go "above and beyond" the original (possible still retailer exclusive) item. That'd be cool.