test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flashing White screens at Drozana Station

mallory2kxmallory2kx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok ive had this happen to me twice now as i was on drozana station some person kept on warping their ship pet within the main bar area as it was warping it was causing a white flash which was giving me head aches, these flashes were covering the whole screen now im epileptic and i warned this person 3 times to not do it because it is dangerous for me and others who may have epilepsy and he continued to do it continously without regard to people's health i almost had a fit, now i dont see why i should have to change instances because of one obnoxious player who didnt have a care in the world for someone who has epilepsy. too much of those flashes is enough to send me or another person into a fit and may even kill a person with epilepsy etc can you please stop this on drozana station as this is ruining my game time in STO.
Post edited by mallory2kx on

Comments

• Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I THINK this is down to a player made Foundry mission that when activated causes a 'transwarp' animation, when in a ground zone. I've seen this before on ESD, but not in a malicious way.

I wouldnt be surprised if the cuplrit was apart of a fleet of trolling mouth cleaners, who spend their days annoying people who actually want to ROLEPLAY in a roleplaying game :/, but this is just speculation.

Never thought about the connotations of the transwarp thing with epilepsy, report this behavior in game, with luck it will be fixed.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mallory2kx wrote: »
    Ok ive had this happen to me twice now as i was on drozana station some person kept on warping their ship pet within the main bar area as it was warping it was causing a white flash which was giving me head aches, these flashes were covering the whole screen now im epileptic and i warned this person 3 times to not do it because it is dangerous for me and others who may have epilepsy and he continued to do it continously without regard to people's health i almost had a fit, now i dont see why i should have to change instances because of one obnoxious player who didnt have a care in the world for someone who has epilepsy. too much of those flashes is enough to send me or another person into a fit and may even kill a person with epilepsy etc can you please stop this on drozana station as this is ruining my game time in STO.

Mallory, if you encounter a situation like this in the future you should report it in-game to a GM. That way corrective action can be taken. The best we can do as players on the forums is to point you to "the authorities" so to speak.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "You will never meet, such a wretched hive, of scum, and villanry." to quote the wise sage of another sci-fi series.
    Drozana is the cespool-ghetto-trailer park of STO.It is infested with in game trolls, and griefers.Also RP guilds like (can't call them by name by forum policy) so I call them"FROOT TROUPES"who consider Drozana theirs, and grief other players.
    Advice for your medical condition, AVOID ALL DEVIDIAN MISSIONS.
    Devidians are spectral almost in game, and their appearance starts with flashing white screens.Drozana is infested with them.
    Hope this helps.:)
    P.S. If you get propositioned by any Orion Dancing girls in game, its 99% guaranteed it's a dude in RL.:eek::D
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That place is has the light effects as part of the story surrounding the Devidians. But besides that it is filled with all the scum that the Ferengi could attract. Stay clear of that place unless you are looking for an in-game date - with someone less that human.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    P.S. If you get propositioned by any Orion Dancing girls in game, its 99.99% guaranteed it's a dude in RL.:eek::D

made a correction there to your post:eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I am at Drozana now and the is DEFINITELY something wrong with the lighting - this is not the normal flashing white light - this is a major lighting BUG - just a few minutes and my eyes hurt

Warning: IF YOU HAVE A BRAIN CONDITION STAY AWAY - until this is fixed - this is definitley dangerous.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is not the light flickering from the Devidians, I have seen this before. Someone has created a foundry mission where you can spam the warp out animation and plasma leaks (green smoke).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!