test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Pack Promo

2»

Comments

• alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had already decided to costantly check Exchange for occasions.

What I need to know is IF there are enough chances with the lottery to save ECs or if the risk is too much higher.

Same told they got 3 or even 5 tuffli. I ask how many packs did they opened, to figure out probability.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bought five packs. got jem'hadar bug after opening the third.
    edited November 2012
    tehjonel wrote: »
    bought five packs. got jem'hadar bug after opening the third.
    Thanks.

Any Tuffli? It's what I'm interested in.

I don't know exactly how many times it comes out compared to bug ship.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • liquidraven26liquidraven26 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so far 0 for 15. Buying one more set of 15 and am gonna call it quits on them
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i don't know anything about this "bug" ship, but i do have a tuffli and i can tell you it is a ship worth having.

even my wife loves the tuffli. she does assignments for me when i'm at work and she likes the way she can easily go anywhere in it.

if you buy the tuffli with ECs it will pay for itself with the reduced price of commodities on board. when it is time to contribute to the base i jump in the tuffli and buy up commodities to complete contributions at a substantially reduced rate. it's great.
    edited November 2012
    I know, I know, that's why I want one from the day I saw the post with specs. ;)

I have grinded and continue grinding to get one. I made a lot deals in Exchange so I am near to the amount an user paid it.

I just want to know what method is most convenient, Zen or ECs. I prefere the latter ofc.
  • kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The wording in the promo is very misleading. It says you have a change to get 10 lobi or a jemhedar ship. It makes it seam like its 50/50 however in 7 tries I found out otherwise.
  • kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im guess it would be to much to ask for more information in the future when they have promos like this. An informed customer is the best and most frequent customer. Misleading info or blaten trickery will equal a short term gain (possible) and long term loss. Im wondering where these gaming companies find thier marketing strategists. The simplest answer is this product information is value for a gamer. You give him/her a choice and feeling of empowerment to make the best decision that effects his gaming experience. It no wonder people dont like spending when your lousy marketers do things like this. Step 1. Fire them Step 2. Hire an actual player of the game. Step 3. Be 100% truthful and treat your community like a community that you care about. The customer is not always right in everyway but explinations usually quell the angry uninformed. If they know b4 hand they can adjust better than being caught off gaurd.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you go buy a lottery ticket and it says you have a chance to win $2, $10, $100,000, and $1,000,000,000, do you assume those are all equal probabilities?

No, because that would be quite frankly silly. I don't think this is hugely different. If you're at all familiar with the game you'll know that.
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Look at it like this, always consider that they will never make it that easy to aquire something good. And in future misleading promo material, always interpret it to yourself as saying, "This is the next way we plan to suck your wallet dry."

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I must have opened close to 15 of the reinforcement packs some time ago (before they increased in price on the exchange) and got mostly TRIBBLE. No Tuffli despite some people saying they got it frequently. I read others saying they opened lots as well and got nothing so it's not a sure thing.

My luck wasn't there when opening the boxes but fortunately this promo occurred and instead of it being a 46 million ship it was significantly less. I got mine for 16 million (others got it for even less) and there's plenty at 18-19 million when I last checked. I almost bought one last week at 40+ million. Now THAT would have made me feel unlucky.;)
    edited November 2012
    Now there are 3, one for 50 milion, one for 55 and one for... 400 milion. Yes, 400.

Suddendly I realize I am FAR away from my so-longed Tuffli.

Hope the promo make the prices go down a *bit* because 400 milion for a single, non combat, ship is a *bit* too much.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now there are 3, one for 50 milion, one for 55 and one for... 400 milion. Yes, 400.

Suddendly I realize I am FAR away from my so-longed Tuffli.

Hope the promo make the prices go down a *bit* because 400 milion for a single, non combat, ship is a *bit* too much.

Are you looking under 'All Items'? That tends to show less than what's available and at a higher price. Select 'Reward Packs' and/or 'Very Rare' as a quality category to show the cheapest prices.

Edit: I checked the exchange and by looking under either 'rewards packs' or 'very rare' It does indeed have a lot more and they start from 17 million.
    edited November 2012
    OMG Thank you so much, this info made my day.

I always searched in 'All' category, now I know where I can find what I need.

You're right, I found so many Tuffli and they start for 17 milion.

Now I am SO close to my own Tuffli freighter. ;)
  • xiquatlexiquatle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally I don't understand why the Jem hadar ship is so good. I can understand having it for its rarity but the 1000 day ship beats it I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool: You lose!
    edited November 2012
    xiquatle wrote: »
    Personally I don't understand why the Jem hadar ship is so good. I can understand having it for its rarity but the 1000 day ship beats it I think.
    I have no interest in Jem hadar ship too.

My character is a Starfleet Captain and will only fly Starfleet vessels.

Never wanted any lockbox ship or similar for this reason. I can instead make a thought about going Lifetime for the 1000day one. ;)

Tuffli is simply a necessity for access to functions and the devs were smart to design it to be non-faction specific.
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Took the liberty of looking at the specs of this Officer Pack Promo :

Each Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack will include:

4 Common or Better Duty Officers
    2 Uncommon or Better Duty Officer
    1 Rare or Better Duty Officer

Not !!!

Especially when it comes to that rare or better Duty Officer. Just bought one, and that rare or better was NOT included !!! Nice waste of my Zen's.
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Took the liberty of looking at the specs of this Officer Pack Promo :

Each Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack will include:

4 Common or Better Duty Officers
    2 Uncommon or Better Duty Officer
    1 Rare or Better Duty Officer

Not !!!

Especially when it comes to that rare or better Duty Officer. Just bought one, and that rare or better was NOT included !!! Nice waste of my Zen's.

Someone in my fleet said they didn't get a rare or better doff. That might be a bug. I would submit a support ticket and find out. Every pack I have brought had 1 blue or purple doff in it.
  • bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What are the official odds of winning the Jem'Haddar ship?
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd prefer if bug ship is not discontinued. Let it comes either in lockbox or in another pack
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eskalcodaveskalcodav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    What are the official odds of winning the Jem'Haddar ship?
    I've had multiple buds buy the packs... so far, I'd guestimate at least $700 dropped and only 1 bug ship.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i dropped 80 quid during the zen bonus and opend alot of packs nothing but crappy blue doffs and a few purple. alos got one xii power insulator whoopy dooo.

would have been better off with keys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, the doff system is pretty much dead in the water now right? I mean, I can see their still selling packs, but no one is actually working on any expansions of the system itself right?
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Spent 75moolah on the packs, got a Tuffli, lots of powered and unpowered artefacts, lots of lobi too.

Now have 2-piece Temporal set, and lots of purple doffs from madly mulching everything into the grinder.

But no bug. :/

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lillithiae wrote: »
    So, the doff system is pretty much dead in the water now right? I mean, I can see their still selling packs, but no one is actually working on any expansions of the system itself right?

yea they need to add more tiers or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kinda sucked. i opened 50 packs and didnt get either ship
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Question, if I buy say 50 packs and don't open them, when I do get around to opening them, will they be as they are currently? 10 lobi or the Jem'Hadar ship? Or will they revert back to their base state?
  • alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if they stay like this, then they will go for big on the exchange lol
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if they stay like this, then they will go for big on the exchange lol

I'm not concearned with that. I've really no need for extra duty officers right now but could be tempted to pick up a lot of these packs for future use. I thought about doing the same with the cardie packs before they went away but ended up not stocking up.