Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #33

2»

Comments

• Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Sorry, no poles for Orion dancing girls. Everyone knows Orion is plagues by vicious pole beasts! Orions break down crying anytime they see a pole. How insensitive of you to even suggest that!

And you call yourself a Trekkie. . .

:::slowly shakes taco:::

Edit: I totaly thought something different when pole entered the conversation.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Edit: I totaly thought something different when pole entered the conversation.

Odd .... I can honestly say the same.

Spicy tacos maybe.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Us Fed's aren't all stuffed shirt, holier than thou, types... would have loved to see some dancing girls in the bar area.

Sigh...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Us Fed's aren't all stuffed shirt, holier than thou, types... would have loved to see some dancing girls in the bar area.

Sigh...

Exactly. They get dancing girls we get latinum traders. Maby they can make it up to us by giving us a swimming pool in the Holodeck with Orion sunbathers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roastedfoxxroastedfoxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Anything bringing more life to our starbases is welcome.

I don't know about anyone else but i think i joined my fleet to late. While there is somethings that are useful, there realy isn't anything I feel I helped with. But my fleet starbase still sucks. Its dark and baron. I would love to join a fleet that is just starting, but it seems i hopped on the game a little late. I contribute pretty often but feel I made no impact for me in rank or the fleet its self. I see no hope of gaining rank in my fleet. any tips?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know about anyone else but i think i joined my fleet to late. While there is somethings that are useful, there realy isn't anything I feel I helped with. But my fleet starbase still sucks. Its dark and baron. I would love to join a fleet that is just starting, but it seems i hopped on the game a little late. I contribute pretty often but feel I made no impact for me in rank or the fleet its self. I see no hope of gaining rank in my fleet. any tips?

So, I don't really know how your current fleet is, but I am a Fleet Admiral ("leader" rank) in my fleet. We have around 150 members give or take with probably 40 or so active (this seems pretty typical in a mid-sized fleet). In my fleet, I don't really pay attention to whether someone has been in the fleet for a long time. If you're offline for months (and you didn't let me know) and you're in the top couple ranks you get demoted. If you play, are active (most importantly active in chat -- your physical contribution to me is less relevant) then you will rise up in rank. I promote people I like and who are liked by other members. Pure contribution does get rewarded, but the top ranks are not given purely based on that.

So, my advice to you is get to know your fleet mates, do missions with them - let them help you, if you have new members, run epis with them, etc -- be active so your fleet mates know who you are. That, and contribute as best you can to the Holdings. Not everyone has deep pockets, so you can't expect everyone to have 1m Fleet Credits on the leaderboard, but a fleet leader CAN and SHOULD expect members to be active -- that means make your presence known and liked by your fellow members, participate in events (if you have them), suggest STF runs (and do them when suggested), etc.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Sorry, no poles for Orion dancing girls. Everyone knows Orion is plagues by vicious pole beasts! Orions break down crying anytime they see a pole. How insensitive of you to even suggest that!

And you call yourself a Trekkie. . .

:::slowly shakes taco:::

Scantily clad women plagued by vicious pole beasts? That sounds like this cartoon I saw once on the internet...
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone call Tony Stark!

If that guy can put a pole in a plane, no doubt he can put one in a Starbase!

He's Iron Man! :D

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They still have a big area across from the bar for a stage, band or something, its all lit up and waiting for our 200k. Who knows what will go there.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since I cannot seem to post anywhere other than here....How about some information regarding the new Special Project "Welcome Guests"

For FED all I see is a monkey at the end of the bar and something about Lat traders.

For KDF they get the bar top dancers

Please clarify what the Lat Traders do and how a monkey at the end of a bar and the lat traders are equal in appeal as Orion Females dancing on a bar.
  • Options
    sirdraknosirdrakno Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First it was the fish tank now it's poor Morn with traders. I think Cryptic needs a few lessons in equal play items. Trying to make the KDF side seem better won't get players to play more on the Klingon side. It's a Blood wine issue and not many can stand it.

SO why can't cryptic get their act together? Ohh wait, they must Perol voters.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fyllis wrote: »
    Since I cannot seem to post anywhere other than here....How about some information regarding the new Special Project "Welcome Guests"

For FED all I see is a monkey at the end of the bar and something about Lat traders.

For KDF they get the bar top dancers

Please clarify what the Lat Traders do and how a monkey at the end of a bar and the lat traders are equal in appeal as Orion Females dancing on a bar.

Did you just call Morn a monkey?

Do you have any idea at all how important the dude is to Trek canon?
    He had more appearances than almost any recurring characters.

This is like having Mr Mott or The Chef on board the station only they never had nearly as much screen Time, if any.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Aye I did and I have to apologize to the monkey's of the world about the remark. No need to disrespect them.

From my pov he is a huge waste of space and a drunk, useless in a conversation and totally unintelligible. If he is canon and a saint to you go for it ..different strokes for different folks. Not everyone is a trekkie who plays this game.

Out of 5 pages of replys no one has clarified what a Latinum trader is or does.

Can someone get past the dofus canon saint at the end of the bar and supply the parameters/job(s) of the Latinum traders?

I am not a Trekkie and I call the NPCs as I see them. We will not provide this "Special" for the Fleet just because of the guy at the end of the bar is a canon or saint to the Trekkies of the world. IF the so called "Specials" are useful to the Starbase then we will add them to the Fleet Dil drain. We also have Trekkies in our Fleet and we have agreed that only useful "Specials" will be added to our Fleet. Even they are questioning this and the last "Special" for the Federation.

We did not do the fishtank and it looks like we won't do this one either, unless the Latinum traders are useful.
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,254 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If i were in the "fishbowl" but for a day what wonders id devise on the whiteboard..
    and challenge them that dream to ask not why we say we cant do the things that are
    hard but why has it taken us so long to do these things and that
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do Latinum Traders actually trade something for latinum? Or are they for figure - a poor figure compared to Orion dancing girls.

If it was on me, I would have made traders available to both and so Orions, because neither is really faction-specific:

Orion Syndicate continues to exist independently from KDF, and just look at the show to see Scott's reaction to a Orion dancing exhibition.

Latinum is used nearly anywhere in the quadrant as interstellar currency, so KDF too needs access to Traders.

Given any attempt to customize projects always give cool stuff to KDF and poor rewards for the same cost to Feds, it will be a huge improvement if they were made identical.

And for customization elements, just look straight at the show. I mean, what about Federation Starbases actually have federal architecture, LCARC interface etc just like you did for KDF?

No ranting here, just giving my feedback to help you improve more this game :)
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fyllis wrote: »
    ...Out of 5 pages of replys no one has clarified what a Latinum trader is or does...

I'd like to know what I just blew all my dilithium stash, pre S7, on. Morn is useless, in fact good luck even noticing the 'monkey' from the Starbase main floor. However, I've searched high and low for 'Latinum traders' without joy. Feeling distinctly ripped off on this project.

Anybody want to swap a drunken monkey for a dancing Orion slavegirl? Thought not :(.
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Did you just call Morn a monkey?

Do you have any idea at all how important the dude is to Trek canon?
    He had more appearances than almost any recurring characters.

Morn is the Stan Lee of Star Trek :D it is always fun to watch an episode, and search him all the way to the end

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2