test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Pack Promo

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack before they're discontinued. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No they di-uhnt!
    Belief manifests reality
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *takes popcorn*

This is going to be an interesting thread.
    or the jackpot prize? a Tuffli Class Freighter Ship Pack

If only my tuffli had such stats!
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Discontinued as no more Jem'hadar attack ships ? Good riddance!
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So now Tufflis are impossible to get?

Or does the pack still contain the chance of Tuffli with the Jem'Hadar ship as extra?
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Bug ship again? I suppose it makes sense in a way as it's not appeared in a lockbox and we had the whole lock-box replay a few weeks back...
  • willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now we know why they extended maintenance from 4 hours to 8 hours... Sigh.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good deal for those that want Lobi.
    This deal is cheaper per Lobi than the Lockboxes.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if interested let me know and i can post a link to a 12 step program to get you off that nasty habit of buying lockboxes.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »

They experimentally opened 20 Reineforcement Packs and got 20 Bugships?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh look a sale on recruitment packs,

Hmm I wonder what variables would drive up sales on that...,

People worried about the Dilith costs of the grinder

Throw in a very rare highly sought after item...

All this during a sale on Zen....

I can see a profit spike on Doff Packs :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »

Completely separate from this promotion. The extended downtime was due to technical difficulties -- it's why Champs was also down for longer. This promotion was already planned.
    psymantis wrote: »
    So now Tufflis are impossible to get?

Or does the pack still contain the chance of Tuffli with the Jem'Hadar ship as extra?

With the above promotion running, it is possible to win the Tuffli and the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship from the same pack :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess this means the Reinforcements pack is being discontinued and will probably be replaced.

What I really want to have clarification on is, does this mean that we can't get a Tuffli from these packs? Is this a chance at either the Jem ship or the Tuffli, or just the Jem? From the sound of it, it's conceivable (but statistically unlikely) that some incredibly lucky person could get both ships out of one box.

EDIT: Confirmed, thanks BranFlakes!

And will the Tuffli no longer be available to drop when the Reinforcements pack is discontinued? Or will there be an alternate means of getting one besides paying millions of EC on the Exchange?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I need to stop buying things when there's no promo going on. I picked up a few packs on Monday...

(Although I'm not sure what I would do with a second bug, but know that I wouldn't sell it)
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Completely separate from this promotion. The extended downtime was due to technical difficulties -- it's why Champs was also down for longer. This promotion was already planned.

With the above promotion running, it is possible to win the Tuffli and the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship from the same pack :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I now feel the need to open the reinforcements packs I have sitting in my bank.... Wait... those are "mini" packs I got out of lock boxes... Are those included?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I need to stop buying things when there's no promo going on. I picked up a few packs on Monday...

indeed. I did the same thing, cause I was trying to fill out my doffs a bit more. would have been nice to know about this a week ago
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [...]
    [...]

Will the Tuffli be retired then as well or moved somewhere else?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    I now feel the need to open the reinforcements packs I have sitting in my bank.... Wait... those are "mini" packs I got out of lock boxes... Are those included?

No, they're not :(
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    Will the Tuffli be retired then as well or moved somewhere else?

It's part of the Reinforcements Duty Officer pack, so once they are discontinued on the morning of the 15th, it will no longer be available for some unknown period of time. We may decide to make it available again via a similar method in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good deal for those that want Lobi.
    This deal is cheaper per Lobi than the Lockboxes.

Not by much and only if you're only planning to open one or two. On average I think opening 10 or more lockboxes it's assumed you're average lobi per box is going to be around 5 or so. I did the math and assuming you're buying individual keys instead of the 10 pack the static 10 this rewards is only cheaper if your lockbox Lobi average is less than 4.5 lobi per box.

It's still a much better deal than buying two keys and hoping you get something really awesome in and of itself, but if Lobi is the only reason you're buying and opening these things you're probably better served buying a couple of ten packs of keys or just grinding the EC to buy them off the exchange.
  • ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That sucks, I've been trying to get that freighter forever. Guess I just need to sell around $20 worth of keys for it while the getting is good. I'm curious how we'll get these officers in the future.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The freighter is relatively cheap on the exchange atm...
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    The freighter is relatively cheap on the exchange atm...

And its only going to get cheaper while this promo and Zen is on sale. Folks are going to go bug hunting and for sure toss the extra Tuffi ships on the exchange.

So buy one now off the exchange before they arn't available any more.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know, i actually would like to open a few of those DOffpacks.
    But ... then i get LOBI
    Problem is i have 11 Characters and would not know what to buy from the Lobi Store at the moment or for what character.

If Lobi was Account Bound, this would be a no-brainer to throw them Lobi in the Account Bank until needed.

So again... i keep sitting on my collected Zen.

PS:
    i would REALLY like to see some SUPER HARD chains to get some more of the past C-Store active roster DOff abilities into the game, without requiring the C-Store.

Maybe 6 Months after the pack has disappeared from the C-Store?
    Let the C-Store packs have the new shiny stuff as timed exclusive, but let it move into the game itself after some time. Keep the DOff System alive, don't just use them for these Boosterpacks. (imho the Jem Bug Ship, the Tuffli and Lobi are more than enough incentive to buy these packs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I made my first attempt for the bug and ended up with 3xTufflis... any other time I would have been lucky to get one. However, I had no luck with the bug... try again on the 10th and that will be it for me. :cool:
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Used to buy these packs but with no Tuffli and with the bug ship being equally rare I think my zen will stay where it is also without game access it saves me the temptation as well
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I have accrued about 5 tuffli...for being something so 'rare' seems to be a lot of them... Price crashes, they become worthless... and the jem bug is still in the 'elite' category and unobtainable!
  • joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack before they're discontinued.

A question... What exactly is discontinued?
    JH ship or DoFF packs? Or, god help me for hoping, or it's lobi crystals that are being (finally) removed from the game?

Other than that, me ranting about too much of gambling in this game and lottery systems everywhere proves to be a futile attempt. Again it's happening. Sorry, I'm not falling for lottery tickets.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I hate lotttery in any form - and in STO expecially - we have to remember that they have to profit to keep the servers on.

This is one lottery that I am tempted to try. Because I've wanted a Tuffli from the day it was announced.

Exactly, how many possibilities I have to get one? How many packs I am supposed to buy before having a concrete chance?

If it's still 0.4 percent, I'll continue stockpiling my ECs and get one of the more that are coming at lower prices.

Same say they got 3 or even 5. How many packs did you open to find it? Thanks :)
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joxertm2 wrote: »
    A question... What exactly is discontinued?
    JH ship or DoFF packs? Or, god help me for hoping, or it's lobi crystals that are being (finally) removed from the game?

Other than that, me ranting about too much of gambling in this game and lottery systems everywhere proves to be a futile attempt. Again it's happening. Sorry, I'm not falling for lottery tickets.
    they're probably replacing the Doff pack with soemthing new..... and Season 7 flavored.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Got a Tuffi off the exchange for 18 Mil. So if you're EC rich you might just want to buy one off the exchange.

The Doff packs are going for around 4.5 Mil. Figured I didn't trust my luck.