test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Project October: First Tournament (Results and Discussion)

2»

Comments

• naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    Lost track of time. We went up 6 - 5 but based on tourney rules of 45 mins, we lost. Rule are rules. We came back too late.

I didnt say anything bad about RP heroes. If anything, i said Pandas left it too late. Rules are rules. No getting away from the rules and based on the tournament rules, you won. Dont see how this is bad.....

There was no "code" in anything i said. Still stick to the better team winning on the day. If anything it sounded more critical of the pandas.

I'm sure you would want everyone to know the full tale as well, so the remarks were to complete the story to demonstrate how close the match truly was.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey thanks mate for clearing it up. We really appreciate your statement. :)
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited October 2012
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Let's stop this **** waving and schedule a rematch.

Also, you're lucky I wasn't able to make the match TRP!

/waves ****

:D

Ya'll better do the rematch before Season 7 hits and kills us all forever.
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hehe it was an awesome match anyway. They won and they deserved it.

Its like TSI vs Pandas, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. Its a game :) have fun guys!

Lets keep it sportive.

Perhaps though some rules could be adjusted, and perhaps a more suitable rule for prolonged matches could be found, we'll see.
  • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited October 2012
    Hehe it was an awesome match anyway. They won and they deserved it.

Its like TSI vs Pandas, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. Its a game :) have fun guys!

Lets keep it sportive.

Perhaps though some rules could be adjusted, and perhaps a more suitable rule for prolonged matches could be found, we'll see.

This is a good attitude to have.

Theres not too many ppl throwing together events like this, and almost fewer pvp fleets left to participate in them. I'd hate to see sore feelings get in the way of the next event (that hopefully critz can be a part of). Unfortunately cryptic can't even make one server run smoothly anymore and the lagging and dc's have almost become part of the game. We had a match against a premade where I dc'd about six times and the fight of course was on the very top of the map requiring me to make a very long run once I finally could get logged back in each time. Team adapted well and kept it together each time.
  • paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I don't know about you, but on weekends it is difficult for TRH to participate in matches/tournaments that exceed a ridiculous amount of time due to the fact we're not really around during the day.

Shortly after the tournament, Yoda had to go to work. Had the games gone any longer than they did we would of been short handed.

The fact we participated in an 'unfriendly' time frame, was out of courtesy. Our 5th was not ready and a glimpse of this discussion between yourself and Hank was apparent in the beginning of the video. The paint on his recluse was not even dry before we even started that match.

Critz and TRH both a like have same prime times of log in. Which is the reason why the Critz did not participate in the first place.

7 kills being scored in 45 minutes is ridiculous. Hypothetically, in which 4 kills were to TRH and it would of took 180 minutes for a final result if it went to 15 kills winner. I don't know about you, but recluse sex for 3 hrs is not our style.

So, in terms of the duration rule (although I was against it initially), I can see the implications of macro events effecting the participants significantly. Heck we thought the match was up to 15 during the tournament. But in any event, we think that;

90 minutes to a soccer match is sufficient
    60 minutes to a hockey match is sufficient
    9 innings to a baseball match is sufficient
    60 minutes to a football match is sufficient and;

45 minutes to a STO PvP Tournament match is sufficient.

All and all I think the rules to this tournament were sufficient. Even though I am clearly in the biased column of opinion, I still think everyone had equal opportunity to win their matches. Increasing time limit would inhibit our likely hood of being able to participate in a full match such as that.

Aside from all that, I enjoyed the last few warm and fuzzy Panda posts.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That is why we tried to make forced setups with our 45 minute rule we had somewhat flexible setups but it was basically 1 cruiser then anything goes, and because of the general dislike to science we tried to limit the bops but.... if its too artificial like 4on4 and banning of powers there can be quite lopsided side effects.

The tournament with no extend was a blast tho.

Thing is always tho after the a tournament is over there is drama on the forums, so that doesn't change :)
    Noone.