test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway is Now Available

124»

Comments

• nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I copied my character over, and took a look at the Gateway. It's a great idea, relatively easy to navigate. I'm really hoping we'll be able to do DOFFs, and manage inventory from it. I'd love to be able to manage my DOFFs when I'm unable to get into the game to do that (which is most of the time lately) That would be a big, big plus for the game.
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Obvious copy of EVE gate is obvious...

am i really the only one who thought that the second i saw the title of the blog???
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tried linking it on my iPhone with safari but it wouldn't load the whole popup for the account guard info and so I couldn't click through once entering the code.

Can't this just be made another page or load in a smaller field or something instead of how it is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm happy to see this but trust it to come out when my gaming time has been greatly reduced since I don't use Tribble I won't use this until it becomes available on holodeck and some more options like doffing become available.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mxduke1mxduke1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ya, I'm only getting my test server character. How can I get it switch over to the holodeck?
    edited October 2012
    It's just the beta version at the moment OI believe and may not go on holodeck until Season 7
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A few notes of importance:

• This needs to be an encrypted and secure site.
    • Site certificate is unverified.
    • Need a button to go back to the character list without having to log out.
    • Need to have a "save password" check box as well.

Love the Star Trek feel of it. Nice, crisp and clean with loads of accessible info.

Over-all, well done. Looking forward to having this on Holodeck so I can view my real characters. That is of course as long as the first two things in my above list have been met.

Also, would love to see DOFF integration to assign and claim DOFF missions.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Some of the information there could be better served on a public domain. I'd love to share the effort I put into writing career profiles for captain and crew with the world!

Really love the look, either way. Now if only it would show my current status. I've come a long way since May... :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • kinothkinoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can't seem to get into the thing. Everytime I put in my information in, it tries to access and then disconnects,
    edited October 2012
    kinoth wrote: »
    I can't seem to get into the thing. Everytime I put in my information in, it tries to access and then disconnects,

Have you had characters copied over to Tribble (the test server)? It's still in beta and as such, it is pulling data from Tribble, not Holodeck.
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

• zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I works pretty good, but what it lacks is the skill information. It would be great for "show me your build" needs like those on forums (even as screenshots).
  • baileyjohnbaileyjohn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Says disconected unable to try it out :/ been trying since it started
  • jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Using an iPad. My main character isn't on Tribble. The second character doesn't load up after I select it.

I could really use this system especially from work. Hopefully it will work soon.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do really like this, but my only major issue is can we change characters without having to keep logging in and out?
    edited November 2012
    Liking the new updates, especially being able to switch characters. However, when will it be pulling data from the live servers? I'm still seeing my tribble copied charaters from 78 days ago.

Cheers!

• endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, it is pulling my char data from Tribble.
    But it works! =D
    I'm hoping somehow we'll be able to use this to buy/sell on the Exchange :)
    Maybe even have that Exchange feature be a 'premium' or subscriber-only option :)
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Liking the new updates, especially being able to switch characters. However, when will it be pulling data from the live servers? I'm still seeing my tribble copied charaters from 78 days ago.

Cheers!

Agreed. It works for just showing off your character but it doesn't update the character.

It would be nice if you could do more with it. Exchange, mail, doff missions.
    edited November 2012
    Yeah at the moment apart from seeing my items and equipment the gateway is pointless. Hopefully they will update it with the release of season 7 so we can do doff missions from it.
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Yeah at the moment apart from seeing my items and equipment the gateway is pointless. Hopefully they will update it with the release of season 7 so we can do doff missions from it.

Agreed, why look at the character stats from a month ago. If it doesn't update as you go it's pointless. I don't use Tribble enough to know if it updates with the Tribble character or not. It's currently not very useful.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The STO gateway is a cool little toy, but right now just a toy. Toss on duty officer missions, exchange, bank and inventory and it could arguably become the coolest tool for a game I've ever seen.

In a way it reminds me of the consoles on or near the captains chair, everything you need at your fingertips. Sometime down the road it would be amazing to see them add in ship auto-navigation with a way to sit on the bridge of our ships (or even better free roam around the ships or sit) while going from place to place. set course from your tablet with sto gateway and then go to the lounge and grab a drink or play some poker do a shipboard doff mission or two and then get a dialog box from your bridge officer or the computer saying you've reached your destination.

I'm not really into roleplaying, but the best games are the ones that really immerse you into the environment and make you part of it, unfortunately this is one of those areas sto doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    be nice if they got it workin first...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any updates on this project? What do we expect next? :)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    jake81499 wrote: »
    Agreed, why look at the character stats from a month ago. If it doesn't update as you go it's pointless. I don't use Tribble enough to know if it updates with the Tribble character or not. It's currently not very useful.

It does update in real time, it's just it's in beta right now so it's only linked to Tribble characters. When it goes live, it will track in real time all of your characters on the Holodeck server.

I disagree with people saying that it needs access to doing DOFF missions, it is not a replacement for the game, this is NOT FARMVILLE. If you want to play the game, you go into the game. Gateway will be handy for checking your characters configs, inventories etc without having to go in and switch through them all.

That may not seem like much to those with one or two characters, but for those of us with many characters, it will be handy. I've got 9 toons, all but 2 of them are at level cap and it can be a real pain having to switch in and out of them all trying to find the one that has a specific item or credit that I need.

The one possible feature I would like to see added, is access to the Mail system, since that used to be available on the website and it was a handy thing to have outside of the game.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mormonjihadmormonjihad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry but I won't use this until we get some ssl love. No way I'm sending my login info in the clear.
  • blackfiretwbblackfiretwb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We are proud to announce that the beta of the STO Gateway is now available to the public! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

Now lets see some smart phone integrated applications. Be nice to boldy go...ON THE GO.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We are proud to announce that the beta of the STO Gateway is now available to the public! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

i hate to ask but is there a ETA when this gos to the holodeck?
    and if possible add reputation system to this..
This discussion has been closed.