Install Arc
Options

klingon heart of targ

2»

Comments

• Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think the more relevant questions are... can you cancel fleet projects yet, and will this finally make people question what some of the more obscure project reqs are like before starting them?

I mean.. why is any fleet wasting resources on a chef at all? Did we not learn from the bartender? Does it offer anything more than your ship's chef? Heck, even one of those colony support fleet credit missions is more useful to a fleet than an NPC that does nothing special.

Unless its somehow required for the fleet bases... I really, really hope that isn't the case. Would not surprise me, but I hope its not what's happening here.
  • Options
    arcorianarcorian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think the more relevant questions are... can you cancel fleet projects yet, and will this finally make people question what some of the more obscure project reqs are like before starting them?

I mean.. why is any fleet wasting resources on a chef at all? Did we not learn from the bartender? Does it offer anything more than your ship's chef? Heck, even one of those colony support fleet credit missions is more useful to a fleet than an NPC that does nothing special.

Unless its somehow required for the fleet bases... I really, really hope that isn't the case. Would not surprise me, but I hope its not what's happening here.

I can only speak for our fleet, but we do think about the way we want to go and what projects to do in what order. Since the Bartender mission we knew that the chef project would ask for specific food items. Only problem, nobody knew which ones those would be. So many of us started to just keep any item that was not replicable or couldn't be bought from a vendor. Once we knew what it was asking for we had to decide wether we try to run through this as one of the first fleets and try to avoid the sky-rocking prices as we saw them after we had finished the bartender project (we were lucky back there) or do we want to wait with it until we are sure that the Officers can fill it up all by themselves if needed. Apparently we decided to go for it. Don't ask me how but we managed to fill more than half of the hearts needed so far, without paying those redicoulus prices that you see on the exchange at the moment. But even for a big fleet with more than 400 active members like ours this project is more than a challange. Although I am certain we will finish this project in less than one week from now, I wouldn recommend going for it to any other fleet.
    To live in a perfect world just expect less than nothing...
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let me understand: Klingon Hearts of Targ are not available on the replicator with a Klingon Purple Chef like the Eggs with the Cardassian Purple Chef? :confused:

Can i only drop them? :eek:
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is a very easy fix for Cryptic -- make it so Klingon chefs can replicate this item. There aren't enough on the exchange at any price to do the Chef project (which calls for 1000).
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have 10 sitting on exchange for $1.5 - will wait and see what happens.
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope they do make a change to this in the future to help out smaller fleets than ours to achieve this massive task. But with determination we will succeed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I have 10 sitting on exchange for $1.5 - will wait and see what happens.

Thats just adding to the problem of making people think this **** is worth way to much when they should not be going for that much. Really want to see limits put on what certain things can sell for.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    dan512 wrote: »
    Thats just adding to the problem of making people think this **** is worth way to much when they should not be going for that much. Really want to see limits put on what certain things can sell for.

There is a mission where 1 drops almost every time - find it.
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    very helpful....
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I heard a rumor that the amount required might change. 1000 is pretty ridiculous, considering the extremely low drop rate. Any chance this rumor is true? Or has anyone found a semi-reliable source for them?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    very helpful....

1 almost always pops up during the colony invasion fleet mission with the Klingons as the Npc's

I have gotten them on the others but it seems the one with the Klingon one drops one all the time - or it used to - have not done it in a month.

Of course it is a need or greed loot drop - so you are betting with 5 others - not as big a problem if you are all fleet members.

hope that helps
  • Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I see you have no idea what your talking about.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hydrodura wrote: »
    I see you have no idea what your talking about.

I got 15 running colony invasion - that with the need/green loot table - and I have not run it in awhile - but I know where I got them.

ok so it's a fleet action and not a mission - same thing - it can be done over and over endlessly - of course klingons don't pop up every time as the Npc's.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is a very easy fix for Cryptic -- make it so Klingon chefs can replicate this item. There aren't enough on the exchange at any price to do the Chef project (which calls for 1000).

Klingons dont replicate such things!

Add Targ hunting! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    who ever has 300 heart of targ i have a fantastic deal for you contact me in game. duramaster.@lightspeeds
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    One of the leaders in my fleet made the mistake and started the damn project.....only 30 hearts in, everything else is filled. Love how it says its 99% complete when we have 970 freaking hearts to go. NEED A WAY TO CANCEL THIS!!! i dont care if we loose all the points i have the next tier 4 upgrades ready to go for engi and sci that finished. Not cool.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    tcostik wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that the amount required might change. 1000 is pretty ridiculous, considering the extremely low drop rate. Any chance this rumor is true? Or has anyone found a semi-reliable source for them?

Sounds like its a player-made rumor as no dev has commented on the matter.

I reiterate that this is a very easy fix for Cryptic -- make it so Klingon chefs can replicate this item. There aren't enough on the exchange at any price to do the Chef project (which calls for 1000).
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It does drop in missions but its really rare.

If it was so common they would not be 1MIL EC and only 170 or so on the exchange.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It does drop in missions but its really rare.

If it was so common they would not be 1MIL EC and only 170 or so on the exchange.

There is a guy on here who claims he has 2000 and is supplying the exchange a hundred at a time - and I mostly believe it - I have several at $1.5M which were 50 back - then 4 sold and a few minutes later there were another 50+ at $980k

So either he or Cryptic is supplying them
  • Options
    joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You suggesting Cryptic is earning EC?

What, they need a couple of mils to replicate a few emergency medical shrinks? :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    joxertm2 wrote: »
    You suggesting Cryptic is earning EC?

What, they need a couple of mils to replicate a few emergency medical shrinks? :D

Then that poster is going to become a multi -EC billionarie very quickly
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hurraugh!!!! Thank you Dura for the hard work you put into finishing this project!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Congrats guys, unfortuantly not enough hearts of targ left on the exchange lol, only like 95 left, been grinding and doing colony and still no kdf on colony.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I sold one on exchange yesterday for 1 000 000 Ec, it's not a joke.
    It's one of the most rare item ingame, so prices goes up

Yeah!!! I sold the 3 I had for 987k each! Woo Hoo! Hording FTW!

I've seen them on the exchange for as low as 50k, if I had known the stupid fleet base projects would need an insane amount, I would have bought all I could find for 50k! ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I brought up the matter with BranFlakes on TTS yesterday and he has forwarded the feedback to the devs who are re-evaluating the inputs. Hopefully it'll be something more reasonable, like Klingon Octopus?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I brought up the matter with BranFlakes on TTS yesterday and he has forwarded the feedback to the devs who are re-evaluating the inputs. Hopefully it'll be something more reasonable, like Klingon Octopus?

Sadly, it shouldn't take player feedback for them to realize that those requirements are insane. It shows a level of obliviousness to whats going on in the game.
  • Options
    jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Im not a foundary guy... But can a creator make a mission where they could drop?
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    AFAIk there's no loot control in foundry.
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    Im not a foundary guy... But can a creator make a mission where they could drop?

No. Foundry authors have no control over what loot drops in their missions....

yet.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada