test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Federation players in Qno's shipyard

qrobqrob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
There was a federation player in the Klingon homeworld shipyard killing NPC's preventing me from buying my new ship per my new rank and then from customizing my new ship. When told to leave he said a GM had granted him access because theyre fleet was supported by the GM's. His name is Sterie@krysinsk

Here are two screen shots of him and things he was saying.

http://www.theqcontinuum.com/screen shots.docx
Post edited by qrob on

Comments

• Options
    mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I highly doubt a GM would do that because it impacts the gameplay for those who don't know how to adjust for losing NPCs. There is a way to access KDF maps as a fed and vice versa but I'm not sure how it is done. If it happens again, just change instances and the NPC you need should still be in another instance.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Grob, you need to take that @handle name down, its against forum rules to post others game names, it can get you banned from the forums.

Also kdf players have been doing this to federation on esd forever, so its nice to see payback for a change, if you had a problem, you just switch instances. Simple as that and report him.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dan512 wrote: »
    Grob, you need to take that @handle name down, its against forum rules to post others game names, it can get you banned from the forums.

Also kdf players have been doing this to federation on esd forever, so its nice to see payback for a change, if you had a problem, you just switch instances. Simple as that and report him.

Reporting is utterly worthless. I've seen the same player trying to kill J'mpok multiple times after I've reported him.
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dan512 wrote: »

Reporting does nothing. The GM's may not have the power to ban/remove them and it seems to me, and this is merely my personal opinion, that the Dev's are unconcerned that players of either faction are being griefed.

And as to the payback comment -- that is just utterly banal. I have Fed and KDF characters and I have never griefed either faction so what have I done to deserve 'payback'?

If the griefers can't enjoy the game for the game's sake then they should just leave and let others enjoy it. Ultimately, though, the game developers should fix the exploits before they create even more bad feeling from their player base!

This is not a flame or a backstab or a snide dig at either the GM's or the Developer's. I have had no dealings with the GM's to make such a dig and the developer's, in general, are doing a wonderful job. It is, however, a post based on my concern that those griefers are lessening the enjoyment of the game for many players and the cross-faction exploit is not a new one and should be addressed.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    tamberlytamberly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have never understood the griefing mentality. I was raised to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I don't think it's funny or enjoyable to ruin other people's game time by killing the npc's they're trying talk to or by filling the air with smoke so that they can't see where they're going, etc. I certainly don't deserve to have it be done to me.

I've reported the griefing in Qo'nos in the hopes that if ENOUGH people complain something will be done.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm pretty sure we're at war... Attacking another capital city is just natural. Though without an ingame achievement for that I'd rather not be bothered.

This is our reply for your fellow Klingons' attack on ESD some time ago. Much lulz were had back then, and we have to thank you for all the screenshots we got sitting in the vacant Admiral's chair!

Griefing is bad, but you can easily organize a raid yourself and counterattack.

I'm just glad no one can kill the auctioneers unlike another game where mists have parted.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    Add a line of code giving Npc , guards included. insta kill
    Attacks if there attacked
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Earlier today I encountered a battle in the Great Hall on Qo'noS - a few Fed players were battling with Worf and some other NPCs. They appeared to be trying to reach J'mpok, but the Yan-Isleth were keeping them busy. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we're at war... Attacking another capital city is just natural. Though without an ingame achievement for that I'd rather not be bothered.

This is our reply for your fellow Klingons' attack on ESD some time ago. Much lulz were had back then, and we have to thank you for all the screenshots we got sitting in the vacant Admiral's chair!

Griefing is bad, but you can easily organize a raid yourself and counterattack.

I'm just glad no one can kill the auctioneers unlike another game where mists have parted.

I might have almost agreed with you if it had just been the annoyance of some moved NPCs, but even then it's still problematic for new players. But now they're deliberately attacking other players by way of NPC chain attacks.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, I see from logging in to both factions this morning that the griefers are back. This time both KDF and Starfleet are griefing each others 'capitals'. Why? This is griefing, purely and simply. It isn't, as some have said, a raid. A raid is sanctioned and has an objective. To the best of my knowledge there is no sanctioned objective to the idiocy that is ruining this game for many.

Come on, Cryptic ... block those exploits so that the majority of your players can enjoy the game. Don't leave them open for the mindless minority. The first time it happened it may have been an amusing novelty, the second time it may have been a mild annoyance ... but as an every day event it is downright tedious.

I paid to play this game and I deserve to be able to do so without being griefed in my factions capital which, as I have already said, to the best of my knowledge is not a PvP arena nor a raid event. If you want to make it a PvP/raid event then create one instance of both First City and ESD where they can do that to their little hearts' content and let those of us who do not PvP have the rest as inviolable 'safe' environments?

I don't think that is asking too much, really.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    henrik68henrik68 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tamberly wrote: »
    I have never understood the griefing mentality. I was raised to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Same here, i simply cannot understand what's fun in ruining something for someone else!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Add a line of code giving Npc , guards included. insta kill
    Attacks if there attacked

They already did this on ESD where security personnel now attack KDF faction players as soon as they beam in. In Cryptic's usual manner the consequences weren't very well thought through which becomes painfully obvious if you seduce one of those ninja buffed NPCs...
    Come on, Cryptic ... block those exploits so that the majority of your players can enjoy the game. Don't leave them open for the mindless minority. The first time it happened it may have been an amusing novelty, the second time it may have been a mild annoyance ... but as an every day event it is downright tedious.

This would require that Cryptic maintain at least a basic QA process. They have proven over and over that revenue is more important to them than the quality of their code and the players' game experience. Personally I find this to be more offensive to Gene Roddenberry's legacy than the griefing itself. I hope CBS is clever enough to license the Star Trek IP to more companies so that the current monopoly situation will go away. Perhaps Cryptic would re-evaluate their current customer communication policy then and start listening to what their customers want.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah just saw a fed player using a dividian gun to kill npcs required for new KDF players to turn in certain missions to move forward in the leveling progression. They really should be fixing this issue because as low as kdf population is this is unacceptable behavior. Even if majority of KDF players could do this to ESD you wouldn't see them doing it...
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah just saw a fed player using a dividian gun to kill npcs required for new KDF players to turn in certain missions to move forward in the leveling progression. They really should be fixing this issue because as low as kdf population is this is unacceptable behavior. Even if majority of KDF players could do this to ESD you wouldn't see them doing it...

You must be new to STO. KDF players have/had been doing the same thing with ESD NOCs since 2009 closed beta
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You must be new to STO. KDF players have/had been doing the same thing with ESD NOCs since 2009 closed beta

New? ROFL But you got your facts messed up you might want to get them right next time :)

I know the bulk of the majority of people who are invested into the KDF and I can say for a FACT those people couldn't be bothered to do anything like that.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Like in most games it is the minority and their lapdogs that cause the problems and the majority that suffer. If only people would grow up and stop causing grief for their fellow players then STO would be a far happier place.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In other words, still nothing is done to fix this?

Great, guess we should keep this thread active for as long as possible...perhaps "someone" will eventually listen! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And yet certain instances of ESD remain naffed-up, with security teams wandering around with their weapons drawn, proving that KDF HAVE been on ESD.

And that makes it alright for others to do this as well?

We should stop "pointing fingers" at each other and simply urge Cryptic (or anyone) to do something about grieving! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You are correct, my mistake...and i agree, anyone who griefs someone else should be punished in some way, regardless 'o faction!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    henrik68 wrote: »
    You are correct, my mistake...and i agree, anyone who griefs someone else should be punished in some way, regardless 'o faction!

my pal got banned for name dropin so qrob should too...
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ummmm.... folks it isn't a bunch of Feds v Klinks. It is one fleet griefing at whatever station they get the most attention from. Ignore them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Ummmm.... folks it isn't a bunch of Feds v Klinks. It is one fleet griefing at whatever station they get the most attention from. Ignore them.

Sound advice eventhough...it can be frustrating for new players trying to get somewhere in the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]