test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem with chat

bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
hi

my ingame chat is not working, i have no text chats from anyone so it's hard to ask other players questions an get a reply if the chat for me is not working.

also the website gives you the option to always stay logging in, but i always have to manually login.

please advise.

i really need help with the chat thing. i have reset everything and checked the settings against another player via communication called teamspeak, mine is set up like his but still no chat text.
thanks
Post edited by bauer6 on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    On your chat interface, are you on the correct tab that will show PMs and such? Also, right click on any tab and view options so you can check your tab settings and what chat channels you have marked to display.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ok the word CHAT is highlighted.

and the chat settings are all correctly set.

i can not see any chat text from anyone else in the community.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bauer6 wrote: »
    ok the word CHAT is highlighted.

and the chat settings are all correctly set.

i can not see any chat text from anyone else in the community.

enable system messages to be displayed in chat so you will be able to tell if you havebeen mob-silenced. If that is the problem, it will end after 24 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i have clicked on "Reset all tabs and chat settings" and still i only see text in yellow and green

i see nothing else
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of your chat settings and your chat window?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    sure np.

1-2.jpg
  • Options
    jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In your chat window, you're featuring the "Rewards" tab. On your Chat settings, you're featuring the "Chat" tab.

If you want communication. Enable Zone, Tell (which is your private message), and Local.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    nope still nothing shows.

i have typed a message inside chat, guy next to me is sending a response via zone chat but i can't see it in my chat window, done everything you fellas have suggested but still not work.
  • Options
    jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Have no idea if you realize that you should click on the "Chat" tab instead of being on the rewards tab.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    The global chat server is down? Never seen this error before but no one chat use chat right now.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes, Chat and mail are both down. Been what, a month or so since the last time the chat service went down? Didn't notice at the time it was tied to the mail also lol.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm getting Global Chat Server is down as well. I'm guessing the fiddling with Tribble and the silly Gateway has caused a problem.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Chat issues seem to have hit Pidgin too, it won't connect anymore and auto-disconnects.
    I've got that chat problem too it doesn't show mail, friendslist, or any chat. It does show npc chat but nothing else.
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm guessing the Dev's just don't give a damn. They bring out a dumb gateway that is worse than useless and TRIBBLE up important aspects of the game when activating it and then can't even have the common courtesy of posting in the forum to let anyone know what's happening.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    yuvondovahyuvondovah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm having trouble as well now. No friends lists, team lists, no fleet chat anymore and private channels are gone too. The server keeps disconnecting as well. :confused:
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ah thats better :) Chats up, friend list is back, and i once again have mail lol Thx guys!