test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bort, PvP Leaver penalty, why isnt it happening?

darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PvP Gameplay
PvP Leaver penalty.

Its implemented for PvE, why isn't this simply being implemented for PVP as well?

How can this possibly be so much different to implement like with the PvE queues?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
MT - Sad Pandas
Post edited by darkfader1988 on

Comments

• pantsmaster916pantsmaster916 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Really? You're going to pull that line against the one Dev that's taken a keen interest in PvP lately? The one that's driven home probably a dozen PvP-centric balance changes in the past month alone?

Get out. You make us all look bad.
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pretty much in complete agreement with the OP here. I know we all get random DCs now and then but I feel especially bad for the people who still slug it out after their team's abandoned them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    call it the talon jones act. if you log out in a pvp match, you need to not be able to log back into that same match. thats all that needs to happen
  • totallyrolledtotallyrolled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    call it the talon jones act. if you log out in a pvp match, you need to not be able to log back into that same match. thats all that needs to happen

Call it the tommyboy troll act cause thats all you know how to do. Isn't mentioning player names against forum rules? You should be very careful talking bad about people you don't know. Past history indicates those actions have led to serious repercussions to the antagonist. Just stating facts here is all : )

To answer this thread instead of being an idiot like drunk up here. clearly Borticus doesn't have the authority to make these gameplay changing decisions. After all there is enough ui and pet spam lag to where we get enough disconnects to occur in pvp. Pve is different as you know the amount of ships, display, etc... that will be in that zone.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

hahahaha thats hiliarous. But yes talon you do have disconnects happening a bit too much when your hull is low, must be a bug :0
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    oh boy. tell you what, stop loging out every time i shoot you and we can call it something else, cool?

i don't know about mentioning game handles, but you proboly shouldn't mention actual IRL names of people, and threaten, but i could truly care less about what some full of himself exploiter says on the internet.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Im ok with some penalty, but leaver? The guy/gal will just sit there, or worse...fly to the egde of map. We need the "he/she didnt enter red alert for ~1 min" penalty, or something...
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • captkirrahecaptkirrahe Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Im ok with some penalty, but leaver? The guy/gal will just sit there, or worse...fly to the egde of map. We need the "he/she didnt enter red alert for ~1 min" penalty, or something...

Personally I'd like both :] It's happened in about a quarter of my games recently, where they've been afk/and leaving. And when they actually move about the map but never fight?

GrrrAAARGGH ;'[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tom's over at Node X capping it.
    Jerry's over at Node Y capping it.

Everybody else is fighting at Node Z.

Tom and Jerry get a penalty?
    edited October 2012

In arena.

Obviously. ?

You knew what was meant or are you that stupid?

Edit this bit in/ Obviously capnhold would need thinking about more, but you omit it from anyway sort of anti afk rules then it'll be exploited, like it already is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    are you that stupid?

Like somebody neglecting to mention a mechanism that would work both in Arena and C&H?

Nah, I'm not that stupid...
    edited October 2012
    Like somebody neglecting to mention a mechanism that would work both in Arena and C&H?

Nah, I'm not that stupid...

Well here I thought it would be obvious. Guess I need to lower my expectations from people on the forums again. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Well here I thought it would be obvious. Guess I need to lower my expectations from people on the forums again. :o

All I did was provide an example of another scenario where that would not work - which could have easily led to thoughts on that particular scenario and what might work...

...so I totally get needing to lower expectations.

edit: And before somebody jumps in and cries this is forum PvP, I'm pretty sure we're just having a civil discussion about what can be also be done about the AFKing folks that most of us would like to punch in the face - er, with a very soft pillow - because there should not be anything akin to a threat of physical violence against the AFKing TRIBBLE in matches, etc, etc, etc. So yeah, soft pillow - no hidden brick...ahem.
    edited October 2012
    hahahaha thats hiliarous. But yes talon you do have disconnects happening a bit too much when your hull is low, must be a bug :0

Welll blame this **** game with all the pets bs etc... that can lag you out. I am just using dsl too you know. But there are times I get littered with a p2w console spam gank and yeah I do log. I didn't play this game 900 days to take deaths from that bs. And frankly I don't care what people think since I am content with doing my own thing in this game now. So yes there are times I do admit to logging from this ****. At least I am honest about it unlike Ricky Bobby who those few matches a few weeks ago came back and played dumb about it. LOL. I actually come back and tell people why that happened everytime too. Maybe it will wake some people up.
    edited October 2012
    I don't want to get into some pointless forum "battle" with you-
    All I did was provide an example of another scenario where that would not work - which could have easily led to thoughts on that particular scenario and what might work...

...so I totally get needing to lower expectations.

There was no "that" the example of inspecific:
    "he/she didnt enter red alert for ~1 min" penalty, or something...
    see the "or something". It's not our job to make the mechanics for the game especially when we don't know what's capable and not/easy to fit into the devs schedule. We're only asking for the devs to look into the conceived problems.

edit :
    And before somebody jumps in and cries this is forum PvP
    good catch on that, theres been a few claims of this "forum pvp" recently and I am yet to see fully fledged example of thus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012

Lower expectations here? HAHA join the opvp in game channel if you want the real WOWLULZ.
    edited October 2012
    Maybe it will wake some people up.

It's a preference thing for them - they're not likely to be responsive to it - they'll just see what they see...
  • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited October 2012
    Welll blame this **** game with all the pets bs etc... that can lag you out. I am just using dsl too you know. But there are times I get littered with a p2w console spam gank and yeah I do log. I didn't play this game 900 days to take deaths from that bs. And frankly I don't care what people think since I am content with doing my own thing in this game now. So yes there are times I do admit to logging from this ****. At least I am honest about it unlike Ricky Bobby who those few matches a few weeks ago came back and played dumb about it. LOL. I actually come back and tell people why that happened everytime too. Maybe it will wake some people up.

it has nothing to do with spam. you're ego just can't take a loss. The other day, 3 pug's left a match because you were flying on the outside edges of the map to avoid us. It left one lone pugger to face us. You never even bothered to engage us to see that we had no carrier, and no p2w with us. So if we had no spam, why did you run? We talked your pug into leading us to you and guess what you did as soon as we cornered you on the edge of the map? Thats right, you pulled a "logout jonas" on us

Its cool if you dont care what others think, but why are you defending yourself then and throwing around counter accusations? Just curious...
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am firmly against any leaver penalty in private matches.

It would destroy the ability to test anything on holodeck.

As for public queues, leaver penalty would be a good thing.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am firmly against any leaver penalty in private matches.

It would destroy the ability to test anything on holodeck.

As for public queues, leaver penalty would be a good thing.

The leaver penalty has never applied in private PvE matches (such as STFs), so I doubt it would in private PvP matches if they ever do apply it.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tick0 wrote: »
    The leaver penalty has never applied in private PvE matches (such as STFs), so I doubt it would in private PvP matches if they ever do apply it.

A leaver penalty would definitely be a great thing. That being said, Lmao at your sig! Where do you get those ideas btw?
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A leaver penalty would definitely be a great thing. That being said, Lmao at your sig! Where do you get those ideas btw?

It came to me in my vision quest; my animal guide told me to make this blessed signature.

Edit: MT, I am all for a leaver penalty, /support! In other news, new ponycor spawn is ready.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tick0 wrote: »
    It came to me in my vision quest; my animal guide told me to make this blessed signature.

Edit: MT, I am all for a leaver penalty, /support! In other news, new ponycor spawn is ready.

Stupid me, I thought it came from Duke, after finishing bamboo gum. Lol.
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps my first post was a bit short,

What about a simple vote system?
    I think that will be the only reasonable thing to implement.

There will have to be a certain about of people in order to make it work,

Preferably only people from their own team can vote to kick (Like if all 3 of 5 vote to kick that one guy out?) or 4/5 but that might give the issue of some noob that doesnt even know what vote kicking is...

Only the team that has the afk'er can basically gain something from voting to kick out their fellow teamplayer.

This way we can simply ban out dilithium farmers and afk'ers, and pvp'ers which simply suck on purpose.

Also it wouldnt be so hard to implement to simply deny access to the regular queues with shuttles i.e.

And what about an additional detection system where no scoreboard stats for over 5 minutes simply auto warps the guy out.

Also, disconnects and purpose warpouts can be easily detected because you manually trigger the warpout button.
    If you disconnect on purpose by physically pull out the cable it will d/c you, but when you relog you are being throw in the exact same match. I doubt people will go that far and they will deny themselves from continuing playing their toon until they finish the match. Again the warpout button should penalize you for AT LEAST an hour on ALL toons.

Its never 100% failsafe, but i think all the above ideas would make this aspect of pvp alot bettter.

Pretty sure most of these ideas already passed by in the far past, but i'm just trying to get this under the attention again, specifically to the address of the devs.

MT-
    MT - Sad Pandas
    edited October 2012
    A problem with putting it in the player's hands with a /votekick option is the players. Spend a little time in ESD or DS9 watching zone chat...do you want those people to have the option to /votekick?

I've been saying for years in a number of games that offer rewards for losing - they should just stop.

Outside of a PVE fleet action where somebody can AFK to completion - in PVE there are no shiny sticker rewards. You complete the mission or you get nada. It should be the same for PVP. That would help deal with the folks that just AFK the matches while eating dinner to get credit, etc, etc, etc.

You may still have dedicated AFKers that are there to grief via AFKing...and they should be reported to the GMs like any other activity like that.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Add: If influence changing, then penalty no ^^
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • syboksybok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012

A red alert penalty would unfairly flag cloaked ships that pick and choose targets.

A'jora
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Yeah, I just wanted to make that point though because this is the kind of things the devs would TRIBBLE up on accident implementing a leaver penalty.
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2012
    Leaving, or Warping out, is bad enough. Using /logout as a makeshift battle cloak or whatever is also a problem.

Recent Tribble Patch notes announced that a new button would allow you to swap characters without logging out of the game entirely. Since you can presently log out under fire, will the character swap button operate the same way?
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So when your entire team is suicidal and full impulses straight ahead to get slaughtered in first 30 seconds and you are only one left you are supposed to just stay and get ganked repeatedly? no thanks, this just happen to me this morning, no point in wasting time if teams are grossly unbalanced and you are stuck with team full of suicidal players.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions