test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lt Commander no new ship?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2012 in The Academy
Hi silly question but I can't seem to find my new ship? I've gotten to the store but everything still has a value to it? I also don't seem to have gotten any of the rewards when I finished my quest to become a Lt Commander.

Any ideas or help?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sq40 wrote:
    Hi silly question but I can't seem to find my new ship? I've gotten to the store but everything still has a value to it? I also don't seem to have gotten any of the rewards when I finished my quest to become a Lt Commander.

Any ideas or help?
    Did you go to the Ship Requistion Officer (take the Turbo-Lift from the Shipyard in ESD) ???
    edited January 2012
    isn't that he lady that displays the store? If so then everything still costs C points.
    edited January 2012
    Sq40 wrote:
    isn't that he lady that displays the store? If so then everything still costs C points.
    So you don't have a ship token then... Did you go to Admiral Quinn to start the 'Promotion' mission???
    edited January 2012
    Like the others said you have to talk to quinn first to get the token but the Token only lets you buy the basic ships, the ones that normally cost dilithium. The token won't let you get any of the 3 LCDR lvl refits(Rhode Island, Exeter, Gladius) if you want those you have to buy C-points.
    edited January 2012
    Check out this video guide I made on getting your next ship in sto. This might help you figure out something you missed.
    edited January 2012
    Pleas make sure you have spent ALL of your skill points :).
    edited January 2012
    squiddude wrote:
    Pleas make sure you have spent ALL of your skill points :).

I don't think that matters anymore. With the new system you don't need to spend skill points to reach the next rank. I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect getting your next ship either.
    edited February 2012
    I'm having this problem too. No ship token after lt commander.... :mad:
    edited February 2012
    Check in your Available missions for a "Promotion: Lieutenant Commander" mission. When you get that mission, go talk to Admiral Quinn, then go talk to the woman in Ship Requisitions.

If you have done all that, then file a GM ticket and explain that you have done the prerequisites, and still not received your ship.
  • fixit00fixit00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am now a captain and I can't acquire a new ship. :confused:
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    you talked to Admiral Quinn and did the promotion mission? he gives you a free ship plaque to aquire a free ship from the ship and shuttle requisition person.
  • redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    fixit00 wrote: »
    I am now a captain and I can't acquire a new ship. :confused:

Did you file a ticket? Something is seriously wrong here, either it is you, or it is the game. I would call on a GM if you have tried everything else.
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • nicolerae31nicolerae31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The free ship token system is a little buggy. I've had issues with it myself in the past and spoken to many others on ESD(Earth Space Dock) whom also have had the issue you are having. Its a simple work around to correct it, assuming you have followed the correct steps to acquire the ship token.

Step 1.
    Receive your promotion from Admiral Quinn (assuming he is in his officer and not at the club drinking)(bug)

Step 2.
    Go down the turbo lift to the ship requisition officer and speak to her (can't remember her name) this should finish the new ship mission Quinn just gave you and award the token. Its not a physical item so you will not see it in your inventory.

Step 3.
    Exit out of conversation with her. This is where the bug is. Sometimes if you remain in the conversation and go directly into the store to purchase a new ship it will not register the free ship token. Sometimes it will. Its a bug. Best to just exit the conversation, then talk to her again and go into the store again. If this still doesn't work, sometimes it helps to click on a few different ships or change the search options around to trigger the tokens appearance.

Step 4.
    Get a new ship, name it, register it, outfit it, make it look pretty, and go blow something up.

I hope this helps anyone having this issue, as I said its a simple bug that I run into almost every time I get a new ship.
    ~Nicole'Rae

Fleet Admiral XII Victrix Lupas