test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO dreams?

jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Ten Forward
Has anyone else had any STO dreams? I had a really weird one last night and was wondering if anyone else has. So in the dream, it was like a commercial. First it was about gameplay. Then it went to this item called a vampire mask that lets you see things you cant usually see in STO (I dont know why it was called that, and it wasnt really a mask, more like orange goggles.). Next it started talking about an EV suit that worked in the orbit of vulcan and showed it. Then it shifted to a scene with a 6 legged Undine running and randomly kick-spasming with one of it's legs. The last scene was a STO themed juice cup, and it cut off. Yeah, I dont know what is up with my brain when I sleep.
Post edited by jg2112 on

Comments

• Options
    miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i some times dream of being on the TNG Enterprise as an ensign,
    under Geordie La Forge's guidance in engineering etc..
    doing scans and the odd away mission with him and some times
    Commander Riker, or if I'm really lucky it will be one with Captain Picard with us!

mostly run of the mill operations and such, then having time off in my quarters which we share with other ensign's , i believe once you get promoted you get your own private quarters which I'm really looking forward to..

I haven't yet been on the bridge yet , (in my dreams) maybe some day Ill get a shift up there, maybe night watch....

the worse part of the dream is im always getting lost, the corridors all look the freaking:rolleyes: same oh and i have had a couple of counselling sessions with Counsellor Troi!! (not like that but she is still hot!!) but she has her hair like in the movies which i like better...
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes!!! Yes, I had that exact dream! Weird, huh?
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I had one last night that was a horror dream with elements from Minecraft, STO, Power Ragners toys, Magic: The Gathering, and Mitt Romney.

The crux of it was my girlfriend and I were teamed; there were even little STO namecards with shields and HP in the corner in the dream; but when we instanced to another part of the dream, we were split up. And I couldn't remember her phone number to call her to ask to team again. There were also toy packs hidden all over the place that functioned like DOffs. Though the packs were like Magic packs and there were toys inside. Go figure.

That was about at the halfway point of the dream. The first half had highways with booby traps, a Japanese man, and creepers colored pink and green. The second half had four different colored trailers, aforementioned presidential candidate, and strippers, but ended with the women in the red trailer being slaughtered by other women with deformed mouths while the crowd, myself amongst them, listened. I panicked because I didn't know what trailer my girl was in.

Man I have weird dreams.
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    When the game launched and STO was a lot more fun back then I had dreams about it...I would wake up the next morning and be like, "WTH I increased 2 ranks....I....ah TRIBBLE I dreaming again..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A few months back I dreamed that I had a 'date night' at Quark's with my older sister, where Vic Fontaine was doing a 'live set' in the main bar, rather than the holosuite :) Quark knew me, addressed me as 'Captain', and made sure we got shown to 'the good tables' :cool:
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So if you start dreaming about a game, it's time to leave for a while...

Not kidding... I am really serious. No matter what people tell you, that CANT be healthy.

Take a few months off from the game. Please... For your own sake.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    anazonda wrote: »

Not kidding... I am really serious. No matter what people tell you, that CANT be healthy.

Several years ago, I was playing a lot of GTA:San Andreas, and had a really wierd dream about playing the game. I forget exactly what I'd done, if it was a particular cheat code, or something really messed up to the hookers, but CJ got pushed onto the tracks of the San Fiero train station by Cesar, with all the Grove Street gang members lined up on the platform, showing some kind of disapproval, like shaking their heads, folding their arms etc, and the words GAME OVER came up on the screen, and in the dream, I knew that no matter what I did, I wouldn't be able to restart or complete the game... I actually did play the game after, and was never able to earn that 'game over' status :lol:
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Several years ago, I was playing a lot of GTA:San Andreas, and had a really wierd dream about playing the game. I forget exactly what I'd done, if it was a particular cheat code, or something really messed up to the hookers, but CJ got pushed onto the tracks of the San Fiero train station by Cesar, with all the Grove Street gang members lined up on the platform, showing some kind of disapproval, like shaking their heads, folding their arms etc, and the words GAME OVER came up on the screen, and in the dream, I knew that no matter what I did, I wouldn't be able to restart or complete the game... I actually did play the game after, and was never able to earn that 'game over' status :lol:

This would be gold for Jack Thompson, you know that right?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I've no idea who that is... :o
  • Options
    jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I had one where Romulan faction was released and i was flying a D'deridex and i was able to go to ESD and Qo'noS and killed the feds and Klingons :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I had one that apparently took place in the Enterprise era, during the alternate timeline seen in "Twilight" where humanity had nearly been killed off by the Xindi. Only in the dream, it was the Tholians instead of the Xindi - I guess I was excited about the then-upcoming new faction. :P A few Earth ships prepared to do battle with the Tholians at Ceti Alpha V, but I woke up just as Trip said "Fire!"

You know those dreams where you wake up and try to fall back into the dream? That was one of them. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I had a dream with Admiral Quinn, T'pol and three barrels of mayonnaise. DM me if you want the details.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Iunno... Quitting something because you dream about it seems like terrible advice to me. By that logic, I'd also have to quit... erm...

...let's just say my gf would be displeased.
  • Options
    jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I have. I havent been able to get on in awhile because ive been so caught up in school.
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012

Oi...bringing Thompson in this huh haha?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.