test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Whine and Cheese Thread

leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Ten Forward
Simple game to show your preferences.

Name one thing you wish Cryptic would stop making. If there's nothing specific, it could be something you're sick of or indifferent towards.

Name one aspect of the game (can't be the first thing) that you wish other players would stop complaining about and appreciate as-is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish Cryptic would stop making lockboxes.

I wish players would stop complaining about brace for impact duty officers and tactical team being overpowered.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I wish Cryptic would stop making lockboxes.

I wish players would stop complaining about brace for impact duty officers and tactical team being overpowered.

I second I wish Cryptic would stop making lock boxes.

I wish players would stop complaining about science skills and what they're lacking. I know they're not what the once were, but they're still a lot of fun to use and play with.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    I second I wish Cryptic would stop making lock boxes.

I wish players would stop complaining about science skills and what they're lacking. I know they're not what the once were, but they're still a lot of fun to use and play with.

Guys Lock boxes get you new conyent and they are reputation system testing
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. I wish Cryptic would quit making so many lockbox novelty ships. It's getting harder to tell friend from foe at a glance.

2. I wish people would stop complaining about the lack of content. There's plenty of content in this game if you go look for it.

There... consider that my tuppence worth of "up onions"
    ... :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish Cryptic would stop making new costumes for Fed-side which is over-saturated. KDF only has one costume pack (or two if you count the combat EVA gear which is more of an item than a cosmetic feature).

I wish players would shut the hell up about lock boxes. I mean I find them annoying too, but it's a revenue stream for Cryptic. Besides which, the more annoying thing is the message that flickers on my screen whenever so-and-so has won a Temporal Science Vessel/Galor Class Cruiser/Ferengi Marauder/etc
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I too voice my displeasure at lockboxes. I can easily afford the keys for them, and I'm indifferent towards whatever rewards I get from them.

I just don't like the idea of Starfleet officers flying non-Starfleet vessels.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • fencer8fencer8 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The first is that Cryptic stop with the excuses (from the gamer perspective) about they can't justify the expense of filling in Trek space with the large amount of material that is out there.

Second is I want players to stop whining about those lock boxes. Cryptic has come out and said that the parent company has told them to increase their profit and dump that which does not meet a certain profit margin( Dropped weekly missions because not enough money was being generated).
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    I wish. . .

. . . I probably shouldn't play. . .

:::goes back to work:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish they'd stop making faction-neutral content, for a little while at least. Why not instead, just for one season at least, produce content divided at about the same ratio as the Fed/KDF split? Faction neutral content that anyone can play is all fine and good, but as a Klink I'd gladly sacrifice four neutrally-plotted missions for just one mission written for a Klingon. Feds can have the other three, I just want some more of that delicious KDF flavor!

I wish people would quit whining about lockboxes. I don't think I've ever seen so many morally superior twits and clueless internet lawyers get so mad at any given thing. At first it was funny, but now you're all embarrassing yourselves.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish Cryptic would spend more time on quality of life improvements, like adding a hotkey to move items between your bank and inventory. (Say, hold down shift and click.) Or letting you buy more than 50 commodities at a time - and giving you a spot to type in a specific number in all spots. (It's there in some right now, but not all.)

I wish people would stop jumping down the dev's throats on brand new changes that they haven't even had time to test or try out for any significant amount of time yet. It happens basically every time. Oh no, only 8000 dilithium refinement cap means it'll take forever to do anything. Oh no, dilithium exchange will always have high prices on Zen because who's going to ever want to buy dilithium? Oh no, Fed getting carriers means everything is the same. Oh no, EPtS changes are the wrong thing to do. And so on.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish Cryptic would stop adding a dilithium cost to everything and its targ. Their Di tax on Crafting borked an already-weak system that (given the IP) could be so much more, and the items bought directly through the Di store are too expensive and not useful enough. Add that to the MOUNTAINOUS cost in Di to get a piece of Fleet gear (both in the provisioning to BUILD the facility to make the equipment, then the PROVISIONING, and then another cost to BUY it). If they're going to make things so Dilithium-intensive, give us more refining capability per day.

I wish players would stop complaining about lockboxes. Yes, they're an obvious money grab, and yes, they CAN be annoying. But, this is a free-to-play game now, and the company has to make money somehow, or this game would shut down. I consider it an acceptable sacrifice in order to keep the game I love going.
  • corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish Cryptic would stop making ground-heavy content because space combat is really the main advantage STO has over other MMOs.

I wish players would stop whining altogether and start providing civil, constructive feedback.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I wish. . .

I'll say it...

MORE TACOS FOR LUNCH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I too wish that they'd stop making lockboxes; there are other ways for a freemium game to generate profit (like making the subscriptions more appealing).

I wish players would stop complaining about PvP. That ship has sailed.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish both sides of the playerbase would just get over themselves already on a great many things.

I also wish that Cryptic would be more willing to be honest. I do mean that. I know they have to have PR, I'm used to being 'spoon fed' in a way, but it is also ok to simply straight out tell us something.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well...

I'd have to say grab-bags too... Mainly because of the gambeling aspect.

And I'd also wish Cryptic would stop sugar-coating / lying about things and just be honest with the direction. And stop dropping what they know will not be well recived as a bomb (F2P, Recent LTS change, Forum Conversion). If they did that, they wouldn expirience such a negative impact... Or at least people would have a chance to get used to the idea / Cryptic and PWE would be able to recosider based on negative/posititive feedback.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1) I wish they would stop putting ships in lockboxes and building up the Lobi Store.
    (I don't buy the CBS doesn't approve line, especially now you are adding ships to the Lobi store. I am absolutley appauled that you have to buy keys from this store, to get currency to spend in that store.)

2) I wish Fed players would stop complaining about lack of content.
    (There is more content than we know what to do with on the Fed side. I have been here since Nov 2010 and I am only about 60% through the main missions.)
  • digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish Cryptic would choose one Path and build upon it.

the game needs more streamlining. it feels like the devs are willing to advance the game but theres little combined work involded and everyone builds his one private part. that doesnt work and lets the game look unfinshed, even after 3 years.

Its enough to have "single player orientated" Story Missions and STFs. I dont need all the other time gated events, tholian ground and starbase attack etc. stuff. By adding one little bit of content there and a bit over there the game becomes confusing, mainly for newbies. Most of the things added since F2P Launch could have been made STFs (just make them fleet-starbase orientated now) or used to advance the story mission chain. i think that would be even better for the devs as new content could be rolled out quicker.

same goes for the currencys (stf drop needs to be chainged to get something from it, thats cumbersome. lobi makes no sense, latinum is useless, streamline it please).

i wish people would be so nice and just launch elite STFs after they spoke with a veteran about doing them right (or use the wiki) and not ruin everyones game. sure we can do team/fleet ones, but thats not the idea of an MMO i think. newbies should do them togeter with veterans. that works great when everyone is willing to teach or listen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    trying to think of something other than LockBoxes... (obvious choice #1 is obvious)

I wish Cryptic would stop it with the cookie cutter content (short repetitive 10 minute pew pew grind missions everywhere... without feeling connected to anything) and finally bring some meat to the table.

Bonus wish: i wish that cryptic would reduce the Hello Kitty Power Visual Effects and turn this game more towards a Star Trek Simulation, at least visually,
    no more glowing icons, pink glowing ships, or auras and cheap MMO effects like that, instead Beam Overload should make the Phaser Banks glow orange like the Phaser Lotus does, they can do it!)...

and what the hell is it with the Hexagons EVERYWHERE?
    Hexagons are not Star Trek,
    Hexagons are not SciFi,
    Hexagons are what i see on the wall of my Bathroom on the floor ...when i go TRIBBLE!

//

I wish players would have stopped complaining about the *random* STF reward system, if i can get 3 full Sets casually playing STFs from time to time, so can everybody else. Now we get another grind system that we ALL probably have to start from scratch, probably can't turn in obsolete EDC for extra Dilithium and worst of it all, all Mk XII Set Chars who already have beaten and done everything will have to grind through the whole new system again if there is just ONE new shiny item at the end.
    Oh and the old stores will go away, no one can tell me that we will have ALL the item available after that in the new system AND there will probably be a high dilithium cost now, just like the Fleetbase Stores.
    I don't like change! Not so late in the game anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harryquinnharryquinn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish that Cryptic would stop making...

Klingons!

{flees}

Actually, I wish that Cryptic would either eliminate Klingons completely or fill out Klingons completely. Half-assing it just annoys the TRIBBLE out of people who actually like the Clinks. And those people annoy the ever-loving TRIBBLE out of the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish. . .

I wish you would play. Dev presence in the Forums is something that is sorely needed much much more than a lot of things.

Also how much do the dev's actually play the game outside of testing??

It would be great for moral if they made a special event day when all the Dev's were in game flying around and getting in on the action in pugs and stuff.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish cryptic would eliminate, or overhaul crafting.Other than aegis set, its worthless.
    I wish players who PUG STFs, and then cry on the forums when they get a bad group, would shut the F@#$ up.I get a broken group, greifer,or "leet" who spends more time typing insults than helping, maybe 1 in 14 runs.Get over it, and que up again. Seriously people.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish. . .

Hmm. 7PM on a saturday night, when you posted this.Wish they unchained you from your desk on weekends.You work too hard.Thanks for your dedication.:)
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish. . .

Hmm... ;)
    I wish they would stop making the Fleet Exploration cruiser into an underpowered piece of TRIBBLE compared with all other fleet cruisers and then refuse to recognise that the Fleet Exploration cruiser is an underpowered piece of TRIBBLE compared with all other fleet cruisers.

Actually, with the recent Aux2SIF change, the Gal-R has a niche. Its the only cruiser that can cycle 2 x Aux2SIF, 4 x EPtX and still pack in an RSP1 and ES3. Add subnuke doff, Marion, sprinkle with TT conn officers and SDOs, and you have a ridiculous dps hybrid healboat...

Also, you can use the ENG slots for Tachyokinetic, and Assimilated, all of them boosting your crit severity. Maybe include a Rule 62 if you're a tac running torps up front (like me), and still have room for 1 SIF gen and 1 armor plate. Or you can go nuts and mount the Saucer Sep and ICC so you can ditch the saucer to go chase down a runner or sprint from timewarps.

I'd put 2 shield gens and 1 emitter in the sci slots and call it a day.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • rockycoonyrockycoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If I could wave my hand, and have one thing change, it would be the people who join into a pick up fleet action / Event, then complain and complain about 'how much their team/group of players they joined up with sucks', etc, etc.

You joined a pick-up game. Not a game with members of your Fleet you can rely on, not a game with friends you know that know how to play the game, you joined a random game where there's just as much of a chance that everyone is a seasoned vet as it is that everyone just started playing 4 days ago and have no clue what they're about to get into.

So get over yourself. :P
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish cryptic would stop making stupid and cheap missions to farm. That's NOT content when you have a blank map with waves of mobs to endlessly kill. Best examples: fleet alert, starbase fleet defense, no win scenario.

I wish players would stop complaining about the foundry. It's a great tool as it is. And I don't want to see it as a core feature.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited October 2012
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    and what the hell is it with the Hexagons EVERYWHERE?
    Hexagons are not Star Trek,
    Hexagons are not SciFi,
    Hexagons are what i see on the wall of my Bathroom on the floor ...when i go TRIBBLE!

Bathroom tiles. Invisible while peeing.
    ---
    I wish Cryptic would stop making filler systems. I don't remember ever using the Mutara Nebula, or when the Badlands were so important, that it has its own map.

I wish players would stop hoarding all the loot. Sell it or use it.