test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still Unable to Enable Screen Shake

purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It's been reported several times, but some of us are still unable to successfully enable the screen shake effect (the effect that occurs when torpedoes hit or when in some damaged interior spaces).

No matter what I do, the game fails to recognize that I've selected the screen shake feature to be 'on.' I've tried turning it off, accepting the changes, restarting the client, and turning it back on, but nothing happens. The box will be checked 'on', but the effect doesn't happen.

What I did notice is that where this feature used to appear in the general settings UI, it now shows up in controls. Since noticing that change, it hasn't worked. Perhaps that's related?
Post edited by purplegamer on

Comments

• akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm also still having this issue for camera shake, rumble and chase/free view options. It has been broken since Season 6 launch, and seems to have permanently applied whatever setting was set, prior to the Season 6 release.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm also having this problem. I turned the shake off prior to the Season 6 launch because people transwarping close to me was getting a little annoying. But recently people have been reporting shaking of ESD and I wanted to turn it on to see for myself.

Enabling it again doesn't work no matter what I do. I've also tried setting it to "On" and restarting the client etc. But it still doesn't work.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anyone? Bueller?
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    akrilon wrote: »
    I'm also still having this issue for camera shake, rumble and chase/free view options. It has been broken since Season 6 launch, and seems to have permanently applied whatever setting was set, prior to the Season 6 release.

I too am having that same problem with the ?rumble? setting. It just started the other day. I have tried to reset the UI controller and restart the client in the hopes that that would fix it but to no avail. Looks like it is time to issue a ticket.
  • nicolerae31nicolerae31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Are you checking that all three rumble settings in the option panel are checked? There is one for each of the drop downs of ground and space under the UI tab and another under the "general" settings tab.
    ~Nicole'Rae

Fleet Admiral XII Victrix Lupas
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Are you checking that all three rumble settings in the option panel are checked? There is one for each of the drop downs of ground and space under the UI tab and another under the "general" settings tab.

Good point. I was not aware that there were 3 Rumble settings that could affect space travel as well as ground. I will have to double check.
    edited October 2012

It's enabled under all three (Space, Ground RPG, and Ground Shooter) yet does not actually get displayed. The UI simply does not want to recognize that I have camera shake enabled.
    edited October 2012
    Kicking this to the top again. It's annoying.
    edited October 2012
    Some attention to this would be appreciated. So far we've had no luck with workarounds.
    edited October 2012
    A complete reinstall of the game solved this for me. How insanely annoying.