test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respawned ship locks onto enemy and I loose controll

amlrossamlross Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When playing stfs (elite)

And the Borg kill me, after I respawn, my ships (any and all) will "lock on" to an enemy and I can not controll my ship other than to power the engines.

My ship will go straight for that enemy it has locked onto and I cannot steer in any direction.

And until said enemy has been destroyed I cannot move.

I can fire and controll engine power, but I can't turn in any direction.

This usually resultst in my ship being immediately destroyed again due to not being able to controll it.

All I can really do is wait till it has been destroyed by other players. But if its a gate and the nodes are still active I'm **** out of luck.

Plz fix it!
Post edited by amlross on

Comments

• bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When you have this bug press ESC that gives you the control back.
    Bridger.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bridgern wrote: »
    When you have this bug press ESC that gives you the control back.

Heh, must try that, first time I had this problem was last night so maybe the last patch did something weird. Also never been one-shotted by gates in infected before last night either. New 'features' ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i got this bug once.... deselecting the target gave me control back.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've heard of this bug before but nevr have encountered it. The closest I've come is when I've respawn or warp into a system my ship will on rare occasions take control of itself and fly in circles, eitehr direction and up or down. I'll try pressing esc if it happens again.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • adjournonadjournon Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've had this happen to me once on my Klingon Engineer in his Qin. I was able to recover but I have no idea exactly how I did it as I was activating everything I could. I'll try the ESC button trick if it happens again, but now that I think back on it, I suspect it was deselecting the target that freed me from that glitch.

STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that
  • amlrossamlross Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Esc works great! It still happens to me a lot but at least I can recover quickly.

Thanks!
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tried the re-targeting and it works occasionally. Will try the ESC next time. This is a constant issue for me. I notice too that sometimes I am damn near indestructible whilst other times one shot will take me out. This is in a ship with 49, 250 hull strength and Borg Equipment. Makes no sense. I also find too that sometimes my mouse just wont work properly in game. I chalk it up to patch issues.

BSJ
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With default keyboard setup, esc will clear your current target, so its exactly the same as doing it with the mouse. I also have this bug regularly and deselecting target always fixed it.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    get this bug regularly, have to break target lock and reestablish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]